Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 05:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,858,443 times

Advertisements

Agreed. Chandler Jones was a solid player, but Brady needs more protection. Cooper was a 1st round draft pick (#7 overall) but he was injured his first year. He's 6'2 and 312 so Brady will have some size on the left side....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 06:08 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,628,266 times
Didn't realize Cooper went 7th overall in the draft. That has to be one of the highest ever for a guard.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:09 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,241,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Didn't realize Cooper went 7th overall in the draft. That has to be one of the highest ever for a guard.
Yeah high pick but he has underachieved and been injured....still a lot of upside though.

The writing was on the wall for Jones once he took his walk on the wild side ending up in a police station right before the playoffs

With Hightower, Butler and Collins all looking to get paid in the next year Jones made the decision easy for Belichick on who not to keep...

Old 03-16-2016, 07:45 PM

Gotta love the Marcellus Bennett pick up, huge up grade over Chandler

Tight end with the second most yards after catch in the NFL? Bennett

First of course is Gronk...

Nice 1-2 punch for Brady, match up nightmare..

Old 03-17-2016, 10:51 AM

I remember when Chandler signed with the Pats. The thought from Bills fans was that he would find a lot more success with Brady and the Pats system. Goes to show, it's more than just a good Qb and system. The player actually has to be good or at least fit the system.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:54 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,809,846 times
Quote:
I remember when Chandler signed with the Pats. The thought from Bills fans was that he would find a lot more success with Brady and the Pats system. Goes to show, it's more than just a good Qb and system. The player actually has to be good or at least fit the system.
Chandler also had some drop issues during this season.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:39 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,401,318 times
Hogan, Bennett, Cooper, Long...it's been an exciting first week of free agency for the Pats.

I thought they were going to sign Matt Forte, but Lamar Miller was the RB I wanted them to go after. Still time to add more assets for Brady...and the draft.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy53420 View Post
Hogan, Bennett, Cooper, Long...it's been an exciting first week of free agency for the Pats.

I thought they were going to sign Matt Forte, but Lamar Miller was the RB I wanted them to go after. Still time to add more assets for Brady...and the draft.
Yes it has...

Honestly if Dion Lewis comes back healthy they don't even need to add another RB....maybe a late round draft pick if they want a big body....they will also have Develin back at full back next year, his absence hurt the running game clearly because they were a much better running team with him on the field

Old 03-17-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
The Pat's beat writer Mike Reiss was drooling over the possibilities of the "twin towers" all off season and through mini camp and training camp, apparently Chandler was looking real good. Unfortunately he did have the drops and just couldn't get open consistently once the games counted....he ended up being replaced by a left tackle playing TE in Williams by the end of the season...

Old 03-17-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
The Pat's beat writer Mike Reiss was drooling over the possibilities of the "twin towers" all off season and through mini camp and training camp, apparently Chandler was looking real good. Unfortunately he did have the drops and just couldn't get open consistently once the games counted....he ended up being replaced by a left tackle playing TE in Williams by the end of the season...
It was a lot of the same when he was with the Bills. An occasional drop on what would have been a big gainer. And I would often find myself thinking, where is Chandler? But it was hit or miss as to whether or not he would follow that feeling up with a good play or not.

I remember this last season with the Pats he was called for a push off on what would have been a TD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football