Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:08 AM

536 posts, read 1,193,280 times

Advertisements

patriots looked very good yesterday against the jets, but than again michigan university could have beat the jets the way they played yesterday lol. pennington got hurt(suprised ?) maybe its a blessing in disguise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 07:04 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
That game was atrocious!!! I was at it, and the Pats had the fans out the whole second half.

I love how the media thinks we booed Pennington off the field when he screwed up his ankle.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 AM

311 posts, read 1,376,461 times
The Patriots looked good on Sunday but I'm not ready to start inscribing the Lombardi trophy. It was no surprise what they did to the Jets. I was more impressed by the way the Colts defense held the Saints to 3 points. The Chargers and Steelers looked good too. The AFC is stacked with good teams and best team does not always win. It's going to be a tough road but whoever emerges will be the favorite in the Super Bowl.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:45 AM

786 posts, read 1,175,726 times
Default Patriots to go undefeated this year!

I'm calling it now. Does anyone see them losing a game this year? Against whom? I think this could be the first time since 1972 that we see this.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:22 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
I would not be surprised if they do go 16-0 but I wouldn't bet on it. Looking at their schedule, they're at Dallas on Oct. 14th, at Indianapolis on Nov 4th, at Baltimore Dec. 3rd. The can lose any of these games.

At home, they host Washington on Oct. 28th, Philly on Nov. 25th, and Pittsburgh on Dec. 9th. You may laugh at me but the way they match up especially on the offensive/defensive lines, they could lose any of these games also. My bet is they'll either finish 15-1 or 14-2 but as I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if they go 16-0, BUT it's a very long season and a very physical sport, there are injuries and all kinds of different factors. I'm looking forward to the NE @ Indy game and also the NE @ Dallas game.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:56 PM

325 posts, read 1,076,935 times
It's so tough in the NFL. You could lose to the Jets one week and beat the Colts the next. Speaking of which the Colts are on the Pats schedule as are my boys the Steelers who look unbeatable in their own right. I think those will be the two toughest games for the Pats this year. Also Baltimore has a tough defense you never know.

Be careful though as soon as you post stuff like this things go haywire. Bengels just might get it done.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 PM

262 posts, read 299,729 times
looking down the schedual i know the patriots could beat every one of those teams but looking at the history of the NFL you have to figure there gonna lose at least once to the colts cowboys Ravens someones gonna beat them but i still say they go 15-1 and they deff winning the big one

Old 09-30-2007, 08:50 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
No way they will go undefeated. Once a team clinches home field for the playoffs, the starters get benched to get them refreshed for the Super Bowl run. It would be cool to see a team replace the 72 Dolphins, but I don't think that is gonna happen.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
No way they will go undefeated. Once a team clinches home field for the playoffs, the starters get benched to get them refreshed for the Super Bowl run. It would be cool to see a team replace the 72 Dolphins, but I don't think that is gonna happen.
Granted the 1972 Dolphins going undefeated is a feat that probably wouldn't happen again in the NFL. "BUT" what many people don't know or realize is the Dolphins played a 14 game regular season. Of those 14 games they beat 2 teams that were over .500 (8-6) and 2 teams that were .500 for the season. Of the other 10 games the teams they beat were a combined 21-60. Hardly a tough schedule. I agree with you on the fact that starters will get a bit of a rest if they have clinched by week 13-14 (unless home field is up for grabs). Bottom line is they have some tough games on their schedule and going undefeated may just be a dream.

Last edited by exhdo1; 10-01-2007 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-01-2007, 09:09 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
It's so tough in the NFL. You could lose to the Jets one week and beat the Colts the next. Speaking of which the Colts are on the Pats schedule as are my boys the Steelers who look unbeatable in their own right. I think those will be the two toughest games for the Pats this year. Also Baltimore has a tough defense you never know.

Be careful though as soon as you post stuff like this things go haywire. Bengels just might get it done.

"Steelers look unbeatable in their own right" OUCH!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football