Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times

Advertisements

The NFL is full of stories featuring players who grew out of their young-and-dumb pasts to become reasonably responsible citizens. And then, there are those guys who will just never get it. It's safe to assume that former Detroit Lions receiver Titus Young is one of the guys who will never get it. Young, who was jettisoned from the Lions on Feb. 4 for a litany of transgressions we'll detail later, was picked up and waived soon thereafter by the St. Louis Rams, whose head coach, Jeff Fisher, has a colorful history when it comes to taking chances on players with dubious off-field histories. We should have known that a guy who didn't pass the smell test with the Lions or Fisher was headed for a weird future, and we would have been very correct.
According to a report from Paula Pasche of the Oakland (Mich.) Press, Young was arrested twice in a 15-hour period last Sunday. He was pulled over at 12:01 a.m. by the Moreno Valley police in Southern California for suspicion of drunk driving, and subsequently arrested for driving under the influence. He was booked at a local detention center, was issued a citation, and was released from custody.
Ah, but we're not done yet. At 2:22 p.m. that very same day, police responded to a tow yard, where Young had been seen jumping over the fence. He was trying to find his black Mustang, which had been impounded upon his first arrest of the day. Young was taken to the same detention center and booked for trying to steal his own car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Wow, what a dumbass. Yeah, his career is done.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
I think his career was done when Jeff Fisher didn't even want to be bothered with him. If Fisher decides you aren't worth the trouble after only a couple of weeks, that should tell you and everyone else something.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
^ yep, agreed.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
I had him on my FF team a couple of years ago. How do I go about expunging him from my records?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:42 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
LOL gotta keep it real!!!!!!!!!! what are these guys thinking when they do this crap? "Well, I know I should just stay in tonight, don't want to risk my multi million dollar career in the NFL but I gotta keep it real son so Imma drive drunk then break into the police impound lot cuz I dont give a F$$$ Wat would Weezy do yo?" It's almost like some of these guys self destruct on purpose.

If his NFL playing days are over he has no one to blame but himself.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:44 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
We Lions' fans got to watch that train wreck as it happened.

Kinda dumb to complain that you're not getting the ball as much as Megatron.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:01 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Former NFL receiver Titus Young has squandered his talent -- that much is for sure. And at this point, a future in the NFL is least of his worries.
Young, who was released by the Detroit Lions in February after a number of on-field and off-field incidents, was arrested on Friday and charged with burglary, assaulting a police officer, and resisting arrest. This happened after Young was reportedly seen breaking into a San Clemente, Calif. home. When officers arrived Friday night, Lt. Joe Balicki of the Orange County Sheriff's Department told the Detroit News, Young fled on foot and fought with police after he was pursued for a short time. There were no injuries in the fracas. He is being held on $75,000 bail.
"He actually tried to fight with them,” Balicki told the Detroit Free Press. “But there were more deputies than him so they were able to subdue him without — I guess there were some punches thrown, but they were able to get him into handcuffs without too much damage.”
On Sunday, May 5, Young was arrested twice in a 15-hour span in Southern California:

Old 05-12-2013, 02:23 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,655,088 times
We will never hear of him again as a football player. Thats over. We will continue to hear about him as a criminal.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Couldn't believe the news today when I saw he was involved in a burglary, etc., he has really gone down the wrong path and doesn't look like he'll have a future in the NFL. Talk about throwing away your opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football