Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times

Advertisements

The System Picks…

Giants @ Bears

Packers @ Ravens
Eagles @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Jets
Panthers @ Vikings - (actually a tie, but I am making an executive decision on this pick)
Raiders @ Chiefs
Rams @ Texans
Bengals @ Bills
Lions @ Browns

Titans @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Broncos
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers

Washings @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chargers

LAST WEEK....9 – 5
SEASON.......48-29 --- The System 32 – 13 (one winning week)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Giants @ Bears
Packers @ Ravens
Eagles @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Jets
Panthers @ Vikings
Raiders @ Chiefs
Rams @ Texans
Bengals @ Bills
Lions @ Browns
Titans @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Broncos
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Washington @ Cowboys
Colts @ Chargers

last week 9-6
overall 47-30

Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times
Giants @ Bears
Packers @ Ravens
Eagles @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Jets
Panthers @ Vikings
Raiders @ Chiefs
Rams @ Texans
Bengals @ Bills
Lions @ Browns
Titans @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Broncos
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Washington @ Cowboys
Colts @ Chargers

Last week 8-6
Overall 42-35

I know everyone will pick Ravens but I think the Packers will surprise people. I'm not a stat person but Packers stats are ahead or even every category. I may have to come back & eat my words. We'll see if Clay being out makes a difference! He had surgery, pins put in his thumb! Go Pack Go!

Last edited by susancruzs; 10-08-2013 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Addition

Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Giants @ Bears.... The Bears rebound after 2 straight losses. The Giants are in free fall.
Packers @ Ravens.... This is a tough one for me, but taking the Ravens at home. The Pack seems to be a bit off this year.
Eagles @ Buccaneers... Eagles win even with back up Nick Foles.
Steelers @ Jets... Don't ask me why I'm picking the Steelers. Perhaps as a Browns fan I'm used to not taking them lightly.
Panthers @ Vikings... AP carries the Vikings to victory. Will we see a glimpse of Josh Freeman in this game?
Raiders @ Chiefs... No way in Hell the Raiders pull an upset 2 weeks in a row.
Rams @ Texans... Another Texans loss could have them talking about the need for a new QB. It won't happen this week.
Bengals @ Bills... I hate to say it... but due to the Bills's recent QB issues, I think the Bengals run away with this one.
Lions @ Browns.... The Browns D is really starting to come together which includes their secondary. They're going to need it. This game will be close, but there is something special coming together in Cleveland, as this young Browns team (despite Brandon Weeden) finds a way to eek this one out.
Titans @ Seahawks...The Titans have been in a lot of games this year. This one will not be one of them.
Jaguars @ Broncos... Does the NFL have a mercy rule? The Jags will need it.
Saints @ Patriots... This one is a tough pick too, but I think the Saints stay unbeaten.
Cardinals @ 49ers... Maybe the niners are back on track. Cardinals will keep it close.
Washington @ Cowboys... I'm only picking the Cowboys because they're at home.
Colts @ Chargers... Colts win in a shoot out.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:06 AM

252 posts, read 459,340 times
Giants @ Bears Good chance Giants will bounce back

Packers @ Ravens Rogers will fire some deep throw
Eagles @ Buccaneers Eagles defense is weak Buccs can do some damage with new QB
Steelers @ Jets Geno has nice grip with offense, Jets D is also strong.
Panthers @ Vikings Panthers are just pathetic.
Raiders @ Chiefs Raiders got nothing on Chiefs
Rams @ Texans It's make or break time for Texans
Bengals @ Bills EJ is injured and so is Steve Johnson with solid D Bengals can win easily.
Lions @ Browns Browns can't do jack to Lions.

Titans @ Seahawks Will be an intereting match but leaning towards Seahawks.
Jaguars @ Broncos Do I really need to explain. LOL!!
Saints @ Patriots Brady is done. He got no one to throw the ball plus he can't perform under pressure.
Cardinals @ 49ers Two solid defense team. Will be interesting to see who gets this. Leaning towards for Cardinals as 9ers Offense didn't do jack in last game

Washings @ Cowboys Tony Romo will be Tony Romo until he is Tony Romo

Colts @ Chargers Strong running game and Luck is on fire.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:01 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Giants @ Bears
Packers @ Ravens
Eagles @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Jets
Panthers @ Vikings
Raiders @ Chiefs
Rams @ Texans
Bengals @ Bills
Lions @ Browns
Titans @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Broncos
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Washings @ Cowboys
Colts @ Chargers

LAST WEEK....8 - 6
SEASON.......51-26

Old 10-08-2013, 03:40 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Last week I went 10-4, so that brings me to 47-30 total. Every one of us is doing well enough that if we were going head-to-head with the crew on ESPN, Sports Illustrated, FSN, etc, nobody here would stand out as bad. Collectively we are as good as the "experts!"

With that said, this week is another one of those weeks that has the potential to bring some of our averages down. There are some tough match ups coming our way. Here are my picks:

Giants @ Bears: Giants. No, that's not a typo. It is with a trembling hand that I composed it, though. The Bears are a solid 3-2 and coming off a loss at home. They are not likely to drop 3 in a row, with two of those home games, right? But then again, did anyone think the Giants would start out 0-5? And despite the first five games of their season being a disaster, I trust Coughlin and Manning over Trestman and Cutler to right their respective ships. Cutler's psyche has proven time and time again to be a fragile thing, and he historically has not responded well to adversity. It's a hard pick, but I think I made the right choice.

Bengals @ Bills: Bengals. Bengals rolling after a squeak win over the Pats, but a win over the Pats nonetheless. The Bills losing Manuel is likely going to undo what started as a potentially surprising season. If undrafted FA QB Jeff Tuel can keep hopes alive, it'll be an even more surprising season.

Lions @ Browns: Browns. Another tough one. The Lions bring an awesome pass rush against an O-line that at times looked like it was trying to get Weeden killed. Weeden with some extra time to mentally prepare for his first start since a thumb injury sidelined him is at a career crossroads. This could be a defining game for him. With a lot of questions still surrounding their offense, but a stout defense and a special teams unit that is a legitimate scoring threat, I feel something is brewing in Cleveland.

Raiders @ Chiefs: Chiefs. As a Broncos fan, these AFC West rivalry games are always some of my favorite, even if both teams are dismal. This year the Chiefs are not dismal and the Raiders are showing signs of life under Terelle Pryor's play, sitting at 2-3 with a surprising upset over the Chargers. But they are running into a solid defense in Kansas City, a place that is historically hard to play. Especially when the Chiefs are good.

Panthers @ Vikings: Vikings. The Vikings just signed Josh Freeman, but he will be a clipboard custodian this week as Adrian Peterson once again straps the Vikings onto his back and gets it done. Coming off their first win and a bye, I trust the Vikings at home over the Panthers on the road, especially since this is the second of consecutive road games for the Panthers.

Steelers @ Jets: Jets. The Jets are not the dumpster fire many of us figured them to be before the season started. The Steelers are not the mediocre team I figured them to be: they are just bad. The Jets' defensive line against the Steelers offensive line...The grounds crew is likely to be scraping Ben R. off the turf by halftime. Also: kudos to Geno Smith. Lots of criticism about him before the season. People questioned his commitment, work ethic, etc. He has carried himself extremely well and in my mind answered a lot of the critics through his play.

Eagles @ Buccaneers: Buccaneers. The Eagles won't have Vick. The winless Bucs have just fired their franchise QB, who is now on AP jockstrap duty in Minnesota. This one has the makings of a real suckfest. I like the Bucs to rise to the challenge in the face of all this controversy and score their first win of the season.

Packers @ Ravens: Packers. The Packers are without Clay Matthews so this game may be an opportunity to get some offense going for the Ravens. But the Packers are not without teeth and offensively are still in good shape. Neither team has been as consistent as many hoped, but I like the Packers to get some momentum going this week.

Rams @ Texans: Texans. Angry Texans. JJ Watt, blood dripping down his face, stated, "I hate losing." Then they got smoked in San Francisco the very next week. Texans tee off on a week Rams team and even their W-L this week.

Jaguars @ Broncos: Broncos. As big of a Broncos fan as I am, I picked against them several times in 2010 when they were enduring their worst season in franchise history, so I am capable of picking with my head over my heart. But this week they are playing the Jaguars. And I am on record as saying I will not pick the Jaguars once this season. Hard as it may be, I'm sticking with my guns on this one!

Titans @ Seahawks: Seahawks. Ask yourself this question: would you like to be the guy who goes up against a Seahawks team coming off two consecutive road games, now playing at home, and coming off its first loss? Neither would I.

Saints @ Patriots: Saints. I hear the Pats are getting Gronkowski back this week. That at least makes it interesting. Will he be an instant factor, or will he be rusty? Unless he can enter the game humming on all cylinders, his presence is probably not going to be enough to ignite this Patriots' offense. Saints outlast the Patriots before pulling away late.

Cardinals @ 49ers: 49ers. Lots of defense in this one. But the 49ers have finally got their snowball rolling down the hill and I don't see it stopping this week.

Redskins @ Cowboys: Redskins. I have watched the Cowboys play too many great games only to follow up with a stinker the next week. Romo had his good game last week and it still fell short. The Redskins defense does not appear to offer that great a challenge to the Cowboys offense, but they have forced a few turnovers this season. RGIII and the offense need to get their feet beneath them and start playing some offense, and against a defense that is nearly as bad as their own, I can easily see it happening this week.

Colts @ Chargers: Colts. The Chargers shot themselves in the foot so many times against the Raiders, and Phil Rivers had a bad game with three picks. He had been pretty good before this. Even if they rebound to a significant degree, they may be outmatched by a Colts team that is a thumper on defense and legitimately good on offense. You can make the case the Colts are the second best team in the AFC even, but I'll spare us that debate for the time being.

So there are my picks for the week. I'll have more comments on the AFC West games later on the AFC West thread.

Go Broncos!

Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 AM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Giants @ Bears
Packers @ Ravens
Eagles @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Jets
Panthers @ Vikings
Raiders @ Chiefs
Rams @ Texans
Bengals@ Bills
Lions @ Browns
Titans @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Broncos
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Redskins @ Cowboys
Colts @ Chargers

Last week: 8-6
Season: 44-33

Old 10-09-2013, 10:21 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,417 times
Giants @ Bears
Packers @ Ravens
Eagles @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Jets
Panthers @ Vikings
Raiders @ Chiefs
Rams @ Texans
Bengals @ Bills
Lions @ Browns
Titans @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Broncos
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Redskins @ Cowboys
Colts @ Chargers

LAST WEEK....7-7
SEASON.......44-33

Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Giants @ Bears
Packers @ Ravens (my upset of the week)
Eagles @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Jets
Panthers @ Vikings
Raiders @ Chiefs
Rams @ Texans
Bengals @Bills
Lions @ Browns
Titans @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Broncos (my slaughter of the week)
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Washington @ Cowboys
Colts @ Chargers

52-25 for the year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football