Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:43 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Let's keep it going! Last week was a lousy week for me and the bad news is this week is full of games that really can break either way.

Last week I went 6-9, season total is 53-39.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Here are my picks for the week:

Seahawks @ Cardinals: Seahawks. Defense reigns in this one.

Buccaneers @ Falcons: Falcons. Neither team is having a good season. The only difference: people are surprised over the Falcons.

Bengals @ Lions: Lions. Who doesn't love a good cat fight?

Bills @ Dolphins: Dolphins. Better team, at home, fresh off a bye.

Patriots @ Jets: Patriots. The Jets have been better than many expected. They played the Pats tough in week 2, but the Pats are figuring out how to play with what they have, and play well.

Cowboys @ Eagles: Eagles. Whatever the over is in this one, take it!

Bears @ Redskins: Bears. I heard the Redskins were considering changing the embarrassing part of their name. The trouble is, what will they call themselves after they drop "Washington?"

Rams @ Panthers: Panthers. The Rams may be getting it rolling, but the Panthers have the best defense that NOBODY is talking about.

Chargers @ Jaguars: Chargers. The Chargers are coming off an inspiring win over the Colts. The Jaguars are coming off an inspiring loss to the Broncos. Inspiring wins are better. So are the Chargers in this one.

49ers @ Titans: Titans. I swore after last week I would stick to the safe picks this week. The Titans at home have been tough, though. And coming off consecutive losses I can see them being up for this one.

Browns @ Packers: Packers. The Browns defense will keep this one close against a depleted Packers offense. This one comes down to Weeden vs Rodgers to make a difference for their respective teams. Who would you pick?

Texans @ Chiefs: Chiefs. One team is in a free fall, the other is whipping the home crowd into a frenzy. Chiefs roll.

Ravens @ Steelers: Steelers. This team knows how to win, despite the 0-4 start. Now that they've had a taste, they are going to be motivated to keep it going against their old pals the Ravens. First team to 13 wins it.

Broncos @ Colts: Broncos. Spare me the hype about this game being "Manning's emotional return to Indy." That is a good story line, but when it comes down to it, this game is bout who has more horsepower. Literally.

Vikings @ Giants: Giants. A Monday Night suckfest. If anyone is wondering I'll be at the fabric store helping my wife pick out curtains.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times
Seahawks @ Cardinals:
Buccaneers @ Falcons:
Bengals @ Lions:
Bills @ Dolphins:
Patriots @ Jets:
Cowboys @ Eagles:
Bears @ Redskins:
Rams @ Panthers:
Chargers @ Jaguars:
49ers @ Titans:
Browns @ Packers:
Texans @ Chiefs:
Ravens @ Steelers:
Broncos @ Colts:
Vikings @ Giants:

Last week: 8-7
Season: 52-40

Old 10-15-2013, 10:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Seahawks @ Cardinals: Seahawks win again, despite Cardinals playing pretty well.
Buccaneers @ Falcons: Atlanta struggles, but gets the win.
Bengals @ Lions: The Bengals are due for another letdown.
Bills @ Dolphins: The Bills lose another close match up.
Patriots @ Jets: This game will also be close but Jets fall.
Cowboys @ Eagles: Another shoot out with the Eagles prevailing.
Bears @ Redskins: Sadly the sophmore jinx for RGIII continues on.
Rams @ Panthers: Tough choice here, but going with the hometeam in this match up.
Chargers @ Jaguars: There won't be a Monday Night hangover for San Diego in this game. Will Jax ever win a game this year? Maybe, but not this week.
49ers @ Titans: This will be another close one, as the Titans are playing better than expected.
Browns @ Packers: Despite injuries to the Pack, I'm sadly picking this to be a blowout. Why? Simple answer... Brandon Weeden.
Texans @ Chiefs: The Texans have definitely taken a step back, and the Chiefs will roll at Arrowhead.
Ravens @ Steelers: Both teams are down this year, but I'm taking the Ravens as the Steelers are down even more.
Broncos @ Colts: It should be an interesting homecoming for Peyton Manning. While Luck is developing into an elite QB, Peyton will make the Indy crowd remember what they are missing.
Vikings @ Giants: The Giants have to win at some point. With the Vikings and their QB issues, this should be the perfect elixir for Big Blue to get their first win of the season.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:29 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Last week: 12-3
Season: 63-29

Seahawks @ Cardinals
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Bengals @ Lions
Bills @ Dolphins
Patriots @ Jets
Cowboys @ Eagles
Bears @ Redskins
Rams @ Panthers
Chargers @ Jaguars
49ers @ Titans
Browns @ Packers
Texans @ Chiefs
Ravens @ Steelers
Broncos @ Colts
Vikings @ Giants
---

I just noticed: I have the exact same picks as no1brownsfan

Old 10-15-2013, 11:44 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
I'm agonizing over these Week 7 games! Some really tough ones for sure.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Bengals @ Lions
Bills @ Dolphins
Patriots @ Jets
Cowboys @ Eagles
Bears @ Redskins
Rams @ Panthers
Chargers @ Jaguars
49ers@ Titans (my upset of the week)
Browns @ Packers
Texans @ Chiefs
Ravens @ Steelers
Broncos @ Colts (the Broncos are due as their defense is suspect)
Vikings @ Giants

59-32

Old 10-15-2013, 12:30 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Broncos @ Colts (the Broncos are due as their defense is suspect)

59-32
Probably ... but they have Von Miller back from suspension and Woodyard back from injury this week so they should at least be improved.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:19 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Bengals @ Lions
Bills @ Dolphins
Patriots @ Jets
Cowboys @ Eagles
Bears @ Redskins
Rams @ Panthers
Chargers @ Jaguars
49ers @ Titans
Browns @ Packers
Texans @ Chiefs
Ravens @ Steelers
Broncos @ Colts
Vikings @ Giants

I keep going with Giants, thinking they are going to win one of these weeks! NFL scheduling probably thought this was going to be a great game based on last year, now not so much!

Old 10-15-2013, 06:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Seahawks @ Cardinals

Buccaneers @ Falcons
Bears @ Washings
Cowboys @ Eagles
Patriots @ Jets
Bills @
Dolphins
Rams @
Panthers
Bengals @
Lions
Chargers @ Jaguars
Texans @
Chiefs

49ers @ Titans
Browns @
Packers
Ravens @
Steelers (I'd like to defer receiving on this as like last week’s Car-Min, another tie)

Broncos @ Colts

Vikings @ Giants

LAST WEEK....6 – 9 -- had just 2 away teams winning and they both lost, 7 other away teams did win
SEASON.......54-38 --- The System 38 – 22
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football