Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Trent Williams Allegedly Cursed Out by Umpire

Afterwards, offensive tackle Trent Williams claimed that umpire Roy Ellison cursed at him during a drive late in the first half. According to Williams, Ellison walked by him and called him a "garbage a--, disrespectful mother------."

"This is a players' league," Williams told reporters. "I don't think there's no room for that, to take that from the team and the refs. It's very unprofessional. It sucks. I'm at a loss of words. You never expect that as a player to have to beef with the refs also."

As much as referees are cursed out by players, I am somewhat OK with this - on a limited basis. This behavior should not be the norm, but they are humans also and they are constantly cursed out by players and coaches.

I assume Williams thinks it's totally professional for players to curse out the refs on a continual basis.

Love their response...

Pool reporter Michael Phillips of the Richmond Times-Dispatch attempted to contact the officials regarding the accusation. The officials already were on a bus, so Phillips told the driver he needed to talk to head referee Walt Coleman. According to Phillips, Coleman came to the window and asked what he wanted. When Williams' account was relayed to Coleman, Phillips said the referee said, "OK," then directed the driver to roll up the window. The bus then drove off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 07:17 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
No coincidence that the team in question is Washington and they will continue to be slapped around by the league and get screwed on calls for the foreseeable future, it serves them right.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:31 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I thought the mf word was a sign of affection or a term of endearment. My bad.

Anywho, I think Wes Welker took an aspirin and Ponder got a hangnail. Do you want we should start a thread on that too?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Before someone makes a comparison between this incident and the Martin-Incognito case (and I have a feeling some may), this is nowhere near the same thing. This is just lame. It's a physical testosterone driven sport where obscenities are tossed around the entire game by just about everyone. Ref's take a lot of crap. Was it right? No, but this is the type of stuff people laugh at when they think of "bullying" many times. And rightfully so.

As another poster stated on Yahoo, you can call me whatever the hell you like if you're going to pay me $250,000 to play in a three hour ball game.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:35 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
No coincidence that the team in question is Washington and they will continue to be slapped around by the league and get screwed on calls for the foreseeable future, it serves them right.
That's pretty stupid. You'd encourage cheating on a football team because you don't like their name? LOL!

Old 11-18-2013, 12:04 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
That's pretty stupid. You'd encourage cheating on a football team because you don't like their name? LOL!
This.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:18 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

"This is a players' league," Williams told reporters. "I don't think there's no room for that, to take that from the team and the refs. It's very unprofessional. It sucks. I'm at a loss of words. You never expect that as a player to have to beef with the refs also."
Pot meet kettle...

Trent Williams punches Richard Sherman in the face - YouTube

Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Pot meet kettle...
I didn't need the video - but that just makes his remarks much worse.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:49 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I didn't need the video - but that just makes his remarks much worse.
If you say so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
As another poster stated on Yahoo, you can call me whatever the hell you like if you're going to pay me $250,000 to play in a three hour ball game.
Absolutely. Are we supposed to feel sorry for him?

Old 11-18-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
If you say so...
Don't misunderstand - I'm glad you posted the video - it just added more to Williams' hypocrisy about being offended at a referee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football