Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 06:58 PM

457 posts, read 1,344,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Congrats. SD schooled Denver's backup QB. You're in first place. It wont last long, and California is still the parasite of the United States, draining our resources into its apatheic, lazy state.
losing really sucks doesn't it

oh denver's blown their lead again? i'm damn shocked.

haha let's go Chargers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,947 times
Quote:
Congrats. SD schooled Denver's backup QB. You're in first place. It wont last long, and California is still the parasite of the United States, draining our resources into its apatheic, lazy state.
I didnt get to see the game, but I saw orton had 25+ attempts right? And the Broncos put 3 points up? Solid trolling tho

Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I didnt get to see the game, but I saw orton had 25+ attempts right? And the Broncos put 3 points up? Solid trolling tho
Simms started the game, sucked, and the Orton came in. By that time we were already down 10 or 13 points and Orton was still clearly hobbled by the ankle injury. We also lost a very questionable fumble down on the goal line.

Certainly a crap game, but with our starting QB hurt (among others) and our defense getting worn down, not much else to expect right now.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:30 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
I love it. Denver loses, it's a "questionable fumble." They win because of a clearly blown (not questionably so) call by Ed Hockalee, and they think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Face it, the Broncos have been imploding for the last several weeks, even before Orton was injured during last week's game. At least when San Diego was losing, they took responsibility for their crappy performance rather than blaming it on injuries.

As for schooling Simms, he wasn't even in there long enough for a proper lesson. Nope, it's your wonderboy coach, Hoodie Jr., who got schooled.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 AM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskray917 View Post
losing really sucks doesn't it

oh denver's blown their lead again? i'm damn shocked.

haha let's go Chargers.

You haven't won any Super Bowls, and you won't win one this year. Based on some horrible calls yesterday, the NFL wants Pampers Rivers and the bolts in the playoffs.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:03 AM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
That's right, and I was referring to Simms getting owned, not Orton. And before you start with the trolling label, perhaps you should compare your Posting/Rep Point Ratio to mine.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:18 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,947 times
Quote:
That's right, and I was referring to Simms getting owned, not Orton. And before you start with the trolling label, perhaps you should compare your Posting/Rep Point Ratio to mine.
Yeah cause that means so much...I don't really post outside of sports, and it's a tough crowd in here. You took a cheap shot/personal attack at all Californians and played the role of a sore loser, I just call them like I see them.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:29 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,591 times
nice steal for the division. San Diego chose the right time to have things tick into gear. Playoffs baby.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:39 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,073 times
Oh,yeah. Once again I had to listen to Chris Berman and all the other "experts" talk about Denver for 10 straight minutes, on how they played (or didn't play) and made excuses for them and then barely mentioned at the end of the segment how we creamed them by 30 points. If Romo had won by 30 points we'd never hear the end of it! But that's OK, we'll just keep plugging along to the Super Bowl !!!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:15 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I love it. Denver loses, it's a "questionable fumble." They win because of a clearly blown (not questionably so) call by Ed Hockalee, and they think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I wasn't even here when that incident happened, but just about everyone on the Broncos forum I frequent acknowledges that we got a lucky break there.

Lucky break aside, we still scored a touchdown on the next play, converted a 2 point conversion with the same freakin play, and stopped your offense from even making a field goal to win the game.

Now even if our fumble is ruled correctly, I don't know that it effects the outcome of the game, but it certainly killed all the momentum we had from bringing in Orton.

Quote:
Face it, the Broncos have been imploding for the last several weeks, even before Orton was injured during last week's game.
Really? Let's go over the last 4 weeks again.

Baltimore - We hung tough until later in the 4th quarter when the game slipped away from us.

Pittsburgh
- Nearly the same scenario. We played the defending Super Bowl champs and for the first 3 and a half quarters we were right in it, even holding a lead later in the game before they pulled away from us.

Washington
- We come out firing and jump out to an early lead, then Orton gets injured and we can't get anything going in the 2nd half

San Diego
- Start the game with our backup left handed QB and promptly go down 13-0 before we put in our gimpy starter to try to save the day.

So we have a loss against the defending Super Bowl champs, a loss against the team they beat in the AFCCG, and then 2 losses with an injured starting quarterback. Sorry, that doesn't qualify as an implosion by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
At least when San Diego was losing, they took responsibility for their crappy performance rather than blaming it on injuries.
That's funny, all I heard from San Diego fans were "injuries this" and "injuries that" and your starting QB was never one of the injured ones.

Also keep in mind that when the two teams played on Monday Night we were both relatively healthy and we handled you guys easily, so don't get too pumped up over beating us when we fielded a gimpy QB.

Quote:
As for schooling Simms, he wasn't even in there long enough for a proper lesson.
He was in there long enough to put us in a 13-0 hole.

Quote:
Nope, it's your wonderboy coach, Hoodie Jr., who got schooled.
How do you figure that? McDaniels can't heal Orton's ankle, give Chris Simms his football mojo back or stop the defense from being worn down when we can't move the ball on offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football