Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 05:28 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,344,256 times

Advertisements

Vikings beat the Packers and claimed a division title, which all in all is a nice accomplishment. However, now they host the Seattle Seahawks at home. But if you remember, Seattle destroyed the Vikings earlier this year 38-7 at Seattle. The packers now go on the road to face Washington.

So you win a division title, get 1 home game and play honestly a very dangerous team (who will have Lynch back) the 1st round. If you're the packers, seems like you might be happy you lost since you get Washington. I'm not saying Washington isn't good, because Cousins and co.have been playing very very well, but me personally, I'll take Washington over Seattle almost any day of the week. The real test if you're the Packers is you now have to win 3 road games to make the Super Bowl.

Thoughts? Rather have Seattle or Washington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 05:42 AM

4,703 posts, read 3,911,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Rather have Seattle or Washington?
Tough call. I'll say it's a draw between those 2.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:18 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,022,434 times
If you can't beat Seattle at home, you're not winning the Super Bowl anyway

Old 01-04-2016, 06:19 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,387,684 times
Some people say the NFL is rigged but if it was, Minnesota should have lost this game... now they're going to face Seattle and get creamed. Wasn't a very tactical move to make to beat the packers. A few key slipups on offense and they could have threw the game without anyone noticing. I understand the NFL must maintain the pretense that every team is always trying their hardest at every game though...

in the end neither of these 2 teams will likely make it to the super bowl anyways though..... watching the packers offense since their game at Denver has just been trying...

Old 01-04-2016, 06:30 AM

4,703 posts, read 3,911,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post

in the end neither of these 2 teams will likely make it to the super bowl anyways though..... watching the packers offense since their game at Denver has just been trying...
Exactly. It's been ugly since Denver. Even the wins. Last night was the super bowl for these 2 teams. I wish the packers could trade their playoff spot to some team for their first or second round draft pick.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,255,568 times
anybody that would suggest tanking a game for the division title for a chance to set up a more more favorable playoff opponent is as dumb as it gets and you should go back to critiquing the latest episode of The Bachelor.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Some people say the NFL is rigged but if it was, Minnesota should have lost this game... now they're going to face Seattle and get creamed. Wasn't a very tactical move to make to beat the packers. A few key slipups on offense and they could have threw the game without anyone noticing. I understand the NFL must maintain the pretense that every team is always trying their hardest at every game though...

I don't see either team making it to the super bowl either, but in this situation, I would say the loser of the game last night (which ended up being GB) has a better overall chance

Old 01-04-2016, 07:56 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,521,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Vikings beat the Packers and claimed a division title, which all in all is a nice accomplishment. However, now they host the Seattle Seahawks at home. But if you remember, Seattle destroyed the Vikings earlier this year 38-7 at Seattle. The packers now go on the road to face Washington.

So you win a division title, get 1 home game and play honestly a very dangerous team (who will have Lynch back) the 1st round. If you're the packers, seems like you might be happy you lost since you get Washington. I'm not saying Washington isn't good, because Cousins and co.have been playing very very well, but me personally, I'll take Washington over Seattle almost any day of the week. The real test if you're the Packers is you now have to win 3 road games to make the Super Bowl.

Thoughts? Rather have Seattle or Washington?
Seattle is the scarier team, simply because they peaked at the right time and have proven to be Super Bowl contenders. However, Washington has also peaked at the right time, and honestly, Kirk Cousins is playing like he's an elite quarterback right now. And he's doing it without a strong running game. I would look at neither of those opponents as one you would want to face.

Honestly, the weakest team in the playoffs on the NFC side right now looks to be the Packers.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:05 AM

11,109 posts, read 9,896,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
If you can't beat Seattle at home, you're not winning the Super Bowl anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
anybody that would suggest tanking a game for the division title for a chance to set up a more more favorable playoff opponent is as dumb as it gets and you should go back to critiquing the latest episode of The Bachelor.
Pretty much.

No one is in it to squeak through one more round - they're all in it to win the Super Bowl. Now, the odds are certainly longer for some than for others, but if you're building something and you want to establish yourself, you want to play good teams. You don't sit in the corner curled up in the fetal position sucking your thumb and saying "Please, please, please... not Seattle!". And I highly doubt Zimmer or any Viking was doing that on Sunday.

The road to establishing yourself as a power is to win division titles, gain as much home-field advantage as possible, and make teams beat you if they can. Now, you may not win (or you may - people put way too much emphasis on what happened 'last time' as all-determinant). But if you lose, you get up and dust yourself off and look forward to playing more quality opponents - not cupcakes because you're worried you can't play with the big boys.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Pretty much.

No one is in it to squeak through one more round - they're all in it to win the Super Bowl. Now, the odds are certainly longer for some than for others, but if you're building something and you want to establish yourself, you want to play good teams. You don't sit in the corner curled up in the fetal position sucking your thumb and saying "Please, please, please... not Seattle!". And I highly doubt Zimmer or any Viking was doing that on Sunday.

The road to establishing yourself as a power is to win division titles, gain as much home-field advantage as possible, and make teams beat you if they can. Now, you may not win (or you may - people put way too much emphasis on what happened 'last time' as all-determinant). But if you lose, you get up and dust yourself off and look forward to playing more quality opponents - not cupcakes because you're worried you can't play with the big boys.
Well said, I am more than happy that the Vikings pulled out a division title (I'm a huge Vikings fan and know Bridgewater personally). The Vikings are a whole world different than last years team for many reasons. Barr and Kendricks are proving to be great addictions at LB, and of course having Peterson back is a world of difference on it's own. I don't think the Seahawks are a lock to win this game, but it's definitely not the best draw for a 1st round game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football