Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 05:02 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I get that. What I'm saying is that Philly didn't take advantage of it. Either they didn't want to establish a ground game or they couldn't because their running backs is rivaling the Giants as the worst in the division at this point. Philly honestly isn't running on anyone. It was just a matter of time before teams caught wind to this.
Im still wondering why so many people thought the eagles were superbowl bound after they beat Pittsburgh. They still had no faced a good team on the road so I could not understand the excitement because they beat the steelers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 05:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Even with a sucky run defense they have still won 4 straight.
and that is going to be a problem when philly and the cowboys meet. the cowboys have two solid running backs, and a QB that can take off and run as well, and combine that with a good passing attack, and phillys defense is going to be in trouble.

however rivalry games are always tough to pick, as i an see philly winning in a close game.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:40 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Im still wondering why so many people thought the eagles were superbowl bound after they beat Pittsburgh. They still had no faced a good team on the road so I could not understand the excitement because they beat the steelers
That was a huge win though. Completely dominated the Steelers. At that point I was very impressed with the Eagles defense and thought that with Schwartz, maybe they were on to something special. I think the Eagles will battle with the Giants for third place in the division.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I get that. What I'm saying is that Philly didn't take advantage of it. Either they didn't want to establish a ground game or they couldn't because their running backs is rivaling the Giants as the worst in the division at this point. Philly honestly isn't running on anyone. It was just a matter of time before teams caught wind to this.
Well, to the 'skins credit, they have been making defensive adjustments to both scheme and personnel, and we saw the benefits of it on Sunday. That is not to say they have corrected the problem with their run defense, but my hope is that they have tightened up enough to force the passing game to beat them. Honestly, I think the key was to get to Carson Wentz early and often, and Ryan Kerrigan and company did just that. It definitely rattled the rookie, and in turn, kind of created a domino effect across the board.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:11 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and that is going to be a problem when philly and the cowboys meet. the cowboys have two solid running backs, and a QB that can take off and run as well, and combine that with a good passing attack, and phillys defense is going to be in trouble.

however rivalry games are always tough to pick, as i an see philly winning in a close game.
Very true! It doesn't matter when it comes to inner division games. Records and how well teams have played other teams outside the division and conference are pretty much thrown out the window. These teams see each other twice every season, so they know each other pretty well.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Very true! It doesn't matter when it comes to inner division games. Records and how well teams have played other teams outside the division and conference are pretty much thrown out the window. These teams see each other twice every season, so they know each other pretty well.
exactly right. and in the case of the NFC east all four teams are equal rivals, on the order of say the steelers and raiders. and while dallas might pound philly in two weeks, you can bet that philly will be ready for the boys near the end of the season, and the second game wont be any where near easy. however, i think philly is going to be looking past the vikings squarely at the dallas game to see if the can knock dallas off their high horse. it will definitely be an interesting game.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:35 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
exactly right. and in the case of the NFC east all four teams are equal rivals, on the order of say the steelers and raiders. and while dallas might pound philly in two weeks, you can bet that philly will be ready for the boys near the end of the season, and the second game wont be any where near easy. however, i think philly is going to be looking past the vikings squarely at the dallas game to see if the can knock dallas off their high horse. it will definitely be an interesting game.
I HOPE that they don't look past a 5-0 team that has their former quarterback.
I HOPE that they stop making so many penalties.
I WISH that their receivers would consistently catch the balls that are thrown to them.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I WISH that their receivers would consistently catch the balls that are thrown to them.
we shall see what happens.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:38 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Exactly, teams look past bad teams like Cleveland not a team who is undefeated

Old 10-19-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Exactly, teams look past bad teams like Cleveland not a team who is undefeated
i agree most of the time, but in this case, its possible that the eagles might just look past the vikings ahead to the cowboys. if the eagles lose to the vikings, it does hurt, but if they can turn around and beat the cowboys, it keeps them within one game of the cowboys in the division. on the other hand, if the eagles beat the vikings, and lose to the cowboys, they fall two games back in the division.

it depends on which they think more important, the overall race, or the division race. remember, you can lose every other game, outside the division, but if you win the division you still go to the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football