Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 06:43 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

Texans @ Patriots
Ravens
@ Jaguars
Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Packers
Browns @ Dolphins
Vikings @ Panthers
Broncos @ Bengals
Cardinals
@ Bills
Raiders @ Titans
Rams @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Seahawks
Steelers
@ Eagles
Jets @ Chiefs
Chargers @ Colts
Bears @ Cowboys
Falcons @ Saints

Week 1 - 12-4
Week 2 - 7-9
Total - 19-13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 10:04 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Last week: 9-7
Overall: 20-12

Out to hopefully prove, my 11-5 week 1 record wasn't a fluke .

Texans @ Patriots. Belicheck is one of the best in the business, but still without Brady, and now without Jimmy G and maybe with Gronk still out injured this is asking a bit to much. It should be noted the Patriots were outscored 24-10 once Jimmy G exited the game against the Dolphins, which was about the final 19 minutes. Against a better defensive team, and with a full 60 minutes as their disposal, I think the Texans get this win. They've been ballhawks on the defensive side of the ball while Osweiler is doing just enough to get them to 2-0, and hopefully 3-0 after Thursday.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:24 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Week 1: 11-4
Week 2 : 7-8 (Of course, I had to come back to earth after that good Week 1. I picked too many home teams)

This time, I will get the Thurs game in!

Texans @ Patriots - This is probably a foolish pick, but let's see if the Texans are really a decent team.
Ravens @ Jaguars - This isnt the Jags year, despite the fact I initially thought they would be better this season.
Redskins @ Giants - The Giants can bury Washington early. Will they?
Lions @ Packers - The Lions proved last week they still have a long way to go.
Browns @ Dolphins - The Phins play a team worse than they are.
Vikings @ Panthers - Let's see Bradford against a better team.
Broncos @ Bengals - Cincy, at home, will find a way to score justenough points to beat Denver
Cardinals @ Bills - Buffalo is in trouble; Cards will add to their downward spiral.
Raiders @ Titans - Raiders are better than the Titans, and they will prove it here.
Rams @ Buccaneers - Bucs won't be embarrassed two weeks in a row
49ers @ Seahawks - Seahawks will have scrape by the 49ers. But it wont be as easy as it should be.
Steelers @ Eagles - Carson Wentz has been impressive--but this is his first test against a real team.
Jets @ Chiefs - The Jets wont win in Arrowhead.
Chargers @ Colts - If this game was in SD, I would be taking the Chargers.
Bears @ Cowboys - Bears are pathetic--and Prescott is already a better QB than Hoyer, if Hoyer is forced to play
Falcons @ Saints - I dont trust Atl, and I definitely don't trust them on the road in NO.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:57 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
8-8 week one
7-9 week two
I guess I should be more objective, but that's no fun.

Texans @ Patriots - I am a fool. The patriots don't lose at home. But they must. 2016 has been such a craptacular year, something good has to happen eventually... Right?
Ravens @ Jaguars - hopping off the bandwagon a little late I guess.
Redskins @ Giants - the redskins have gone from first to worst in the NFC East, as is normal for that division.
Lions @ Packers - was it last year or the year before that the lions almost took down the packers at lambeau? I don't remember, but their curse always prevents them from doing so.
Browns @ Dolphins - LargeKingCat should be pleased as this win will leave just one team sitting at the bottom of the AFC East.
Vikings @ Panthers - the panthers will win at home but I'm sure the Vikings give them a run for their money.
Broncos @ Bengals - should be a good game actually and I hope I get to watch some of it.
Cardinals @ Bills - the bills will be outcoached and outclassed, but their fans will not be outdrank.
Raiders @ Titans - idk. I switched this one around a few times. The raiders are better but they're still not consistent. I think they will pull this out though.
Rams @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Seahawks - even if the Seahawks lose I still don't count them out.
Steelers @ Eagles
Jets @ Chiefs - the jets were trying to crash and burn during the bills game, but the bills just did it better. They will succeed at that against a good team tho.
Chargers @ Colts - I went back and forth on this one. Colts at home.
Bears @ Cowboys - Cowboys stay in the NFC East race, should be a good one. Maybe the only division where any team could win it?
Falcons @ Saints - I don't care about this game.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:21 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Lions broke curse last year, Crosby missed an end of game field goal, score 18-16, Lions won at Lambeau.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:30 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Lions broke curse last year, Crosby missed an end of game field goal, score 18-16, Lions won at Lambeau.

Oh wow. I totally watched it happen and didn't even remember. It's official, I'm getting old!

Old 09-21-2016, 07:37 PM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Houston @ NE (I hate this pick but I just have a feeling how this will go....)

I'll get the rest in before kickoff.

Season: 16-16

Last week: 9-7

Old 09-21-2016, 08:54 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
My picks:

Texans @ Patriots: Patriots. The Texans are probably a popular pick right now with the Pats on their third string rookie QB. Going against that stout Texans defense is some way to make your first start! But few teams if any show up on game day as prepared as the Patriots do. Plus the Texans had their fair share of struggles at home against the Chiefs. Fun fact: the Patriots opted not to sign an additional arm. If Brissett goes down the Patriots will turn to Julian Edelman to QB the team.

Cardinals @ Bills: Cardinals. Will the real Bills please stand up? Will it be the Bills that allows only 13 points to the opponent and still loses? Or will it be the Bills that scores 31 points and still loses? It's a tough start to the season and drawing the Cards this week is a tough out.

Raiders @ Titans: Titans. The Titans have scored just 16 points in each of two games, but they have a golden opportunity for their offense to break out against this porous Raiders defense. They are going to need to, too because that Raiders offense is pretty high flying. The Titans defense is mid-tier but it by far the best defense the Raiders have faced so far.

Redskins @ Giants: Giants. I am not a Redskins fan but I live in their market. It has already grown depressing. At least they have a game with the Browns to look forward to soon.

Browns @ Dolphins: Dolphins. They've opened with two road games against two Super Bowl contenders and played both to one-score losses. Thing is, the Seahawks have scored a whopping 15 total points in two games and the Dolphins didn't climb into that game with the Pats until Garappalo went out. Fortunately for them they get their home opener facing down a Browns team already on its third QB of the season, and he's making his first NFL start.

Ravens @ Jaguars: Ravens. The Jaguars were a trendy pick to contend for a playoff spot. Key word: Were. Past tense.

Lions @ Packers: Packers. Aside from a few bright spots here and there, Aaron Rodgers hasn't been the same since facing off against the Broncos in week 7 of last season. He and the Packers are still good enough to avoid consecutive division losses though.

Broncos @ Bengals: Broncos. A lot of the attention on the Broncos so far has been on their defense (rightly so) and Trevor Siemian, the 2015 7th round pick currently holding the Broncos starting QB gig. Not a lot of attention has been paid to their run game (good for 141 a game so far) or its chances against the Bengals run defense (giving up 138 a game so far). The Broncos can ease the pressure of their young QB's first road start by leaning on that run game and letting that defense do what it does.

Vikings @ Panthers: Panthers. This has been a tragic season for the Vikings so far. Losing Teddy Bridgewater before the season was a tough break. Now Adrian Peterson is lost for 3-4 months (basically the rest of the season) and their QB is Sam Bradford. Bradford may have looked good against the Packers but he's Sam Bradford and this year he's Sam Bradford in a Vikings jersey. Translation: He's probably not going to make it through the season.

Rams @ Buccaneers: Buccaneers. The Rams have been outscored 31-9 through the first two games. The most amazing thing? They actually managed a win, even with those numbers. The Bucs aren't great on defense but they probably won't have to be. The Rams defense is good enough to hold the Bucs to 16-17 points. And the Bucs will still win.

49ers @ Seahawks: Seahawks. The Seahawks appear good as ever on defense but that offense is out of sorts. The 49ers started the season by blanking the Rams, who turned around and beat the Seahawks with only 9 points while the 49ers were getting rung up for 46 by the Panthers. Conclusion: Donald Trump in a landslide. It couldn't be more clear, really.

Jets @ Chiefs: Chiefs. This should be a good one. The Chiefs have played 8 quarters of football and have looked like garbage in 6 of them. Credit them for coming back against the Chargers but they'd never have had a shot against a more competent defense. The Jets are coming off an extended recovery period, having played on the Thursday Night game in week 2. While they appear just as capable on offense and defense as the Chiefs, and while the Chiefs have looked sloppy so far, the Chiefs are a good team and playing at home. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Chargers @ Colts: Chargers. That was an inspired, even defiant win over the Jaguars last week. Their defense did allow the Chiefs to come back, but they turned around and closed against the Jags. And there is no question about it, even with some injuries: that Chargers offense is explosive. Going up against a depleted secondary like the Colts, Philip Rivers has got to be licking his chops. They'll have their hands full keeping a very capable Colts offense, but should be able to keep it close. As for the Colts defense...let's put it this way: if you're a Colts fan you're probably not feeling too good about your chances if the Colts need a stop from the D to seal the win.

Steelers @ Eagles: Steelers. First, I'll say the Eagles appear far better than I expected them to be. And Wentz seems like a genuinely likable guy. Now let's be realistic: they beat the Browns and the Bears. The Steelers are in another league entirely. Okay, maybe that's a stretch, since it's all NFL, but you get what I mean. Huge test for Wentz and the Eagles. Probably just another day at the office for the Steelers.

Bears @ Cowboys: Cowboys. Much has been made of declining ratings for NFL prime time games in this early stage of the NFL season. Many speculate the league is losing its audience due to its reaction to the players protesting the national anthem. I humbly submit the league is losing its audience due to a lame primetime slate.

Falcons @ Saints: Saints. These two teams collectively hung 69 points on their common opponent, the Oakland Raiders. Thing is, the Raiders hung a combined 63 on these two. I have a feeling Drew Brees and Matt Ryan are going to break the scoreboard in this one.

Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Total: 20-12

Old 09-21-2016, 09:25 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Last week 8-8
Overall 17-15

Texans @ Patriots
Ravens @ Jaguars
Redskins @ Giants
Lions @ Packers
Browns @ Dolphins
Vikings @ Panthers
Broncos @ Bengals
Cardinals @ Bills
Raiders @ Titans
Rams @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Seahawks
Steelers @ Eagles
Jets @ Chiefs
Chargers @ Colts
Bears @ Cowboys
Falcons @ Saints

Old 09-21-2016, 10:40 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
10 to 4

So far that's the ratio of how many CD'ers are picking the Pats over the Texans on Thursday. Amazing accomplishment by the Patriots considering the circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football