Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:48 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times

Advertisements

1. New England (-) Broncos and Pats are clearly the best in the NFL, but Pats hold onto the 1 spot for now.
2. Denver (-)
3. Minnesota (+7)
4. Seattle (+11) Seattle holds the #1 defense in yards and #2 scoring defense. Some things never change.
5. Carolina (-) Only a 1-2 record but their two losses were all close loses to the #2 and #3 teams on this list.
6.Philidelphia (+20) Can no longer deny the eagles a top ranking. The thing the top six teams all have in common is they are the top six defenses IMO.
7. GreenBay (+1) Just don't like their defense or lack thereof.
8. Pittsburgh ( -4) How does a Big Ben team lose that badly?
9. Arizona (-6) A close loss to the #1 team, a blow-out win against the Bucs and a bad road loss. I still think they are top 10.
10. Kansas City (+4) Instead of throwing a couple picks in the TNF game in Buffalo Fitz decided to throw six in Kansas City.
11. Cincinnati (-5)
12.Oakland (+5)
13. Baltimore (-2) How is a 3-0 team ranked so low? Their point differential is worse than five other teams that do not have perfect records. The other four undefeated teams are all 1,2,3,4 in point differential. And their SOS? a dismal .111 They've played two winless teams and the Bills. Squeaking out victories in all three games. My apologies, Eagles fans, while the eagles have a .222 SOS through 3 games, THIS is the team that reminds me of the 2008 Buffalo Bills. On a side note, Ravens and Eagles are the only two teams in the NFL with SOS under .333 through the first three games.
14. New York Jets (-7)
15. Atlanta (-2)
16. New York Giants (-4) Finally came through with a L for me.
17. Buffalo (+10) I like our defense to keep the Pats in check this Sunday. I'm just not sure how we're going to score more than 7 or 10 points ourselves.
18. Dallas (-) If they had even just a top 8-10 defense, Dak could be where Wentz is.
19. Washington (+4) Finally came through with a W for me.
20. Houston (-10) This team is in the dog house. Wouldn't mind moving them down even more.
21. L.A. (+9) I don't believe they are even this good, but I have no choice but to put them here for now.
22. Detroit (-2)
23. San Diego (+2) Despite all their personnel losses, this team very easily could have been put in the top 20 of these rankings.
24. Tampa Bay(-8)
25. Miami (-) This has to be Tannehill's last season as Dolphin's starting QB right?
26. Tennessee (-7) Only one win, but they've been in every game.
27. Indianapolis (-3)
28. New Orleans (-6)
29. San Francisco (-1)
30. Cleveland (+1) Question is, will the QB they take in 2016 be as good or better than Wentz? They'll have a shot at the 1st or 2nd one off the board again.
31. Jacksonville (-2) Some things never change despite all the off-season hype.
32. Chicago (-) Just counting down till when they can select Kizer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 05:14 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Thanks Bill

I am onboard with the top 5 , the bottom 5 are
32 Bears 31 Jaguars 30 Cleveland Browns
29 MY Finz Barely beating the Browns, at home, and needing overtime to do it = the one win for the year
28 New Orleans Are they the AINTS Again ?

For the rest of the Picks, I am doing something a little different. Mixing it up a bit
To be announced soon

Old 09-27-2016, 05:29 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Packers defense went from 31st to 1st against the run but have issues with the passing game. Secondary rookies making plays, missing on others. With Burnett and Shields out, Clinton-Dix is not stepping up in a leadership way, rookies will be awesome one minute, forgetful the next.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:01 PM

KINGCATS POWER RANKINGS
BY DIVISION +

AFC *

Feathers and Fins
1 SEAHAWKS
2 EAGLES
3 CARDINALS
4 RAVENS
5 FALCONS
6 DOLPHINS

Lions, Tigers and Bears oh My
1 BENGALS
2 PANTHERS
3 LIONS
4 JAGUARS
5 BEARS

Herbivores
1 BRONCOS
2 RAMS
3 BUFFALOES
4 COLTS

------------------
Nations Football Conference

Wild West (Cowboys and Indians) Division
1 Texans
2 Chiefs
3 Cowboys
4 Redskins

Blue Collar Division
1 Packers
2 Steelers
3 Jets
4 Chargers

Marauders
1 Vikings
2 Raiders
3 Giants
4 Buccaneers
5 Saints

American Heritage Division
1 Patriots
2 49ers
3 Saints
4 Browns

*Animal Football Conference

+ I took the Liberty of Placing the teams in different divisions this week, like I have said before, if you want seriousness read Bills if you want a good laugh read mine. It took more effort than it looks like it did, believe it or not.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
No silly graphics this week?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:47 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Nice KingCat.

You had me scratching my head with all those NFC teams in the AFC division until I saw the note on the very bottom.

Not a good sign that your Fins barely squeaked out a win against the Browns, but that week one performance I think still keeps them out of the cellar where the very worst teams are. For now.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:06 AM

Thanks Bill

I watched MY FINZ Sunday against the Browns. Usually I fall asleep while watching them, but managed to stay awake, maybe for fears of having bad dreams if I heard the TV Commentary subconsciously while sleeping. MY FINZ Almost lost.

The Problem is not just Tannehill. The Offensive line is still offensive to men who truly know how to play the position. The defensive secondary is a joke. When teams figure out that short and medium passes cannot be covered by MY FINZ, then a 60 point game will follow.

But there is a variable we have only touched on here, and that is Coaching. I am not impressed with the play-calling or the scheme that Adam Gase is bringing to MY FINZ. The team has a coaching problem, but it is even deeper, it is a management and ownership problem. Some say that The Owner, Ross, does not seem to care. It was suggested by a Miami paper that since Ross does not live in Miami, he has no vested interest in the community. Also, due to the leagues profit sharing system, his team can go winless with empty stands and still make money. Which to a real estate businessman like Ross, is all that matters. He will make his money win or lose, so why bother? He also fails to surround himself with people who could do a better job. He has no long term plan, nor do his managers or coaches. They have a philosophy of "Lets go out and play and see if we win" So long as that is the Atmosphere in Miami, MY FINZ will be near the bottom of the power rankings. A new franchise QB alone will not fix this mess.

Look at the TOP of the Power rankings, the Broncos hired an experienced winner with a proven track record to develop into an office leadership position His plan has worked so far.
The Patriots are a team we can all learn from. The VIKINGS set out to develop a solid long term plan, as did the Cardinals and the Seahawks, and they are all in the top ten as a result.

There are some poorly coached teams out there. The Cowboys coaching has been a disaster since Johnson quit. The Jaguars should be winning, but are not. some of the teams in the Power rankings suffer because of who is on the sidelines.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
well done

not sure who's missing but you got the aint's twice

you should do the Cleveanders a favor and give them their own division to lead

Old 09-28-2016, 10:30 AM

#5 in marauders was titans ......not saints. But Titans can be annagrammdd sort of to spell AINTS

Taints ? Should the titans be called the taints. For now ?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:34 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
#5 in marauders was titans ......not saints. But Titans can be annagrammdd sort of to spell AINTS

Taints ? Should the titans be called the taints. For now ?

Stains maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football