Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 02:01 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

Steelers-Chiefs start time changed due to weather - NFL.com

The game will now be in the evening instead of noon time because there is a major ice storm expected for the Midwest, with Kansas and Missouri targeted for the brunt of the storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 02:15 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Yeah... that just screwed over up two friends who were to go to the game.
They have a hotel room Saturday night and a flight home in the early evening on Sunday.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:33 PM

Yep, Pitt, I'm sure it messes up many plans! An early game, people don't have to take an extra day off, now flights more than likely will be jazzed up. Tricky business, living in the Midwest, I get it.

Me, I would rather drive in a regular old 6" snow storm, had to many times for work, than ice or fog any day.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:27 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Yes, totally screwed up my Sunday, I hate night games - and I consider a 4:40PM EST start also a night game - but I certainly understand that the safety of players, crew and fans comes first.

Still, one less viewer for Steelers-Chiefs tonight, I'll catch the highlights, if any, on youtube tomorrow morning.

I say "if any" because so far this playoff cycle there hasn't been one cliffhanger of a game.

Good Luck!

Old 01-15-2017, 12:55 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Yes, totally screwed up my Sunday, I hate night games - and I consider a 4:40PM EST start also a night game - but I certainly understand that the safety of players, crew and fans comes first.

Still, one less viewer for Steelers-Chiefs tonight, I'll catch the highlights, if any, on youtube tomorrow morning.

I say "if any" because so far this playoff cycle there hasn't been one cliffhanger of a game.

Good Luck!
It also was necessary because of law enforcement. Anyone who has driven through KCMO knows about the two interstate belt loops and how far they stretch out around the metro area. IMO KC has one of the better highway layouts. It's a pretty safe bet that lots of cops are working today as well as yesterday. Not to mention the utility crews and the fire department, tow trucks, and ambulance companies.

Friday afternoon's lead story on ABC News was "Ice storm of the decade." It showed the warm air coming up from the Gulf of Mexico, a cold front coming down from Idaho and Montana, and a several hundred mile wide moisture system coming in from Arizona and New Mexico. Yesterday I talked to an old friend of mine who lives in Wichita and he told me the situation there was chaotic.

Yes, it has inconvenienced a lot of people. But the NFL got it right here.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-15-2017 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: spelling, addition

Old 01-15-2017, 01:02 PM

I think so, too! People don't get logistics of planning, things that need to happen way ahead of time before a big weather event. You can't wait until closer to the event to make sure it is actually going to materialize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football