Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times

Advertisements

I just heard this on ESPN Radio this morning. They were talking hypothetical situations, but can you imagine if this really happens?! Here's basically what they said.

Week 1 features the Vikings @ Packers in Green Bay on Monday Night Football. Green Bay plans to retire Brett Favre's #. However, what if Minnesota signs Favre, then Favre would be at Lambeau Field as a visitor! Who would the crowd root for? Would the Packers still retire his # on that day? Can you imagine the ratings ESPN/MNF would have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 05:53 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,678 times
He wont be playing for anyone else besides the Pack if he comes back. Why would Tompson trade him to a team within his own divison? If Favre comes back Rodgers ges traded and Brohm is now the QB of the future for the Pack.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
HGH

51 posts, read 21,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
He wont be playing for anyone else besides the Pack if he comes back. Why would Tompson trade him to a team within his own divison? If Favre comes back Rodgers ges traded and Brohm is now the QB of the future for the Pack.
That is what is probably gonna happen if Favre comes back. I feel sorry for Rodgers, though. He is very close to getting his first chance to lead a team, now Favre wants to come back. I wonder how he feels.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 PM

Think of the Vikings scenario that ESPN Radio mentioned as a hypothetical situation.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Here's the story. What he's doing is very unfair to not just the Packers but the city of Green Bay.

You dont know what he is doing. The media makes everything much worse than it is. Everyone always want to criticize him and say that he goes back and forth every season but it is the media that does that. He has never once gone back or forth. He has played and then retired. If he decides he wants to play then so be it. He wont be the first player to do that and certainly wont be the last.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:41 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You dont know what he is doing. The media makes everything much worse than it is. Everyone always want to criticize him and say that he goes back and forth every season but it is the media that does that. He has never once gone back or forth. He has played and then retired. If he decides he wants to play then so be it. He wont be the first player to do that and certainly wont be the last.
No, for the past few years, Favre has kept the Packers in limbo saying that he will make his decision when he wants to, mostly right before training camp. True that this is the first time he actually retired, but if he wasn't planning on coming back, he should just come out in front of the cameras and put all of this to rest. Since he isn't, then it seems to me that he is contemplating it.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:57 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
No, for the past few years, Favre has kept the Packers in limbo saying that he will make his decision when he wants to, mostly right before training camp. True that this is the first time he actually retired, but if he wasn't planning on coming back, he should just come out in front of the cameras and put all of this to rest. Since he isn't, then it seems to me that he is contemplating it.

Yes, but all the last few years he never said he wasnt coming back. That means he never went back and forth, we was always playing. I never had a doubt in my mind he would be back the last few seasons and I think the Packers FO knew that too.

The media makes his decision making into much more than it should.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:01 AM

910 posts, read 2,985,144 times
the media is full of it your right RjRobb

Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,678 times
I am one of the biggest Favre fans there is but he needs to come out and say IM NOT COMING BACK, i will be golfing, cutting the grass whatever when football season comes around. After this hit the news a couple of days ago why hasnt he said it is flase or atleast his agent.

ROdgers seems to be busting his butt to be a leader but is being undermind by all this and it isnt fair. He waited like he should have til Favre hung them up, he did so let Rodgers take the ship and see what he can do.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:05 AM

Assuming Favre wants to return w/ the Packers, it puts the team in quite a predicament. On the one hand, they'd let him come back, thereby screwing the rest of the team (esp. Rodgers and the new QBs they drafted). Or they tell him to take a hike and risk pissing off their fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football