Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2018, 06:06 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times

Advertisements

2-2 for the Divisional Weekend, plus 1-3 last Wild Card Weekend = 3-5 for an almost totally disastrous Playoff campaign for the Colt. Strong play by the Teal curtain. Incredible! Wow!

And, wow! Jags & Pats in the AFC Championship? Who knew?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 06:34 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Tom Brady continues to uphold that thought process though, and I am quite happy he does.
Brady is the exception to "EVERY" rule...

Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Brady is the exception to "EVERY" rule...
At least according to the sports announcers, who between plays point out that Brady has
= Passed for enough miles to reach the moon and back twice
=won more games than all other QBs in the history of mankind combined
=will be the first man to play football on Mars
=is going to play another 20 years
=once through a ball across the English channel for a touchdown in London

well ok maybe not

But enough already. Time to turn the sound back off on the games I guess (And I thought that since Verne Ludquist retired I would not have to do that anymore)

So we had 4 good teams yesterday, although the coaching and play calling for the Steelers was atrocious. (time to fire the OC in Pittsburgh?)

Look for a good game this weekend. The Cats are the real deal. They are a good team. But Bilechick is the coach of the century (according to the Football Inquirer) and the game is rigged anyway, (according to my son and the Weekly Football News)
THEREFOR Teh am taking the Evil NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS over the Jacksonville Cats

The whole mess about the commissioner and the Patriots is just an act, like something we would see in Sports Entertainment , an attempt to build up interest in a business that is declining, oddly enough, because of poor leadership. Yes, I mean you Roger Goodell.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
And coupled with the Eagles and Jags win and the way this Saints-Vikings game has started, probably high time to lay rest to this massive exaggeration that has permeated all the talking heads who believe it's all about having the more experienced and better quarterback.
How is it a "massive exaggeration"??

It's FACT and the exceptions only PROVE the rule....

In the Wild Card round would you have said it was a "massive exaggeration" when Brees beat Cam, Ryan beat Goff in the NFC? The AFC you had a snooze fest highlighting horrible QB play with Bortles beating Taylor in a shootout and Mariota upsetting Smith based more on poor coaching than better QB play...

Brees outplayed Keenum yesterday and if not for a rookie blowing a routine tackle the Saints win that game yesterday

Look at the history of the NFL for the past 20 years for the most part, the team with the better QB DOES win although great defense can trump that as we have seen with Denver, Seattle, Giants and Baltimore. At least in the case of Seattle and Giants the "great defense" was coupled with very good to excellent QB play and in the case of Denver you had a "name QB, HOFer even if he was the worst QB in the NFL that season"

If the Pats win the SB again this season it will once again be a case of having the "better more experienced QB"

Old 01-15-2018, 10:58 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
I enjoyed seeing the Steelers lose yesterday. It's clear they still have not gotten over the loss to New England. Mike Tomlin again proved he's only a mid-tier coach and makes suspect play calls at key moments.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:28 AM

939 posts, read 506,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
How is it a "massive exaggeration"??

It's FACT and the exceptions only PROVE the rule....

In the Wild Card round would you have said it was a "massive exaggeration" when Brees beat Cam, Ryan beat Goff in the NFC? The AFC you had a snooze fest highlighting horrible QB play with Bortles beating Taylor in a shootout and Mariota upsetting Smith based more on poor coaching than better QB play...

Brees outplayed Keenum yesterday and if not for a rookie blowing a routine tackle the Saints win that game yesterday

Look at the history of the NFL for the past 20 years for the most part, the team with the better QB DOES win although great defense can trump that as we have seen with Denver, Seattle, Giants and Baltimore. At least in the case of Seattle and Giants the "great defense" was coupled with very good to excellent QB play and in the case of Denver you had a "name QB, HOFer even if he was the worst QB in the NFL that season"

If the Pats win the SB again this season it will once again be a case of having the "better more experienced QB"
There is no rule. There are exceptions. You said it yourself. So you made my point. Thank you.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I enjoyed seeing the Steelers lose yesterday. It's clear they still have not gotten over the loss to New England. Mike Tomlin again proved he's only a mid-tier coach and makes suspect play calls at key moments.
Tomlin should be out, but won't be. At least Mularkey is gone. That management of the clock and play call with 25 seconds left told me everything I need to know about his level of incompetence.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:42 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
There is no rule. There are exceptions. You said it yourself. So you made my point. Thank you.
What are you talking about????

There are exceptions "to the rule"....but statistically the BETTER more EXPERIENCED QB almost always wins in the playoffs which is the OPPOSITE of what you said...

Prior to this weekend's games, when a QB with 10 or more playoff starts faced off against a QB with no prior playoff starts, the experienced QB won EVERY time except once over the past 8 seasons....Tim Tebow was the one outlier...the exception that proved the rule

Old 01-15-2018, 12:50 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
what exactly did yesterday have to do with losing to new england a month ago?

Old 01-15-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What are you talking about????

There are exceptions "to the rule"....but statistically the BETTER more EXPERIENCED QB almost always wins in the playoffs which is the OPPOSITE of what you said...

Prior to this weekend's games, when a QB with 10 or more playoff starts faced off against a QB with no prior playoff starts, the experienced QB won EVERY time except once over the past 8 seasons....Tim Tebow was the one outlier...the exception that proved the rule
No idea what your inferring that I stated the opposite. You have lost me (again). Maybe it's a language barrier. Then again, maybe not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football