Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 09:16 AM

32,115 posts, read 34,753,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So, they're going to have to pull off a trade, most likely. I've seen Bridgewater's name tossed around.. Colt McCoy/Case Keenum.. Someone even said Eli, but.. No. Heard Nate Sudfeld as well, but I don't think the Eagles part with him.
Colin Kaepernick?

Anybody?

Hello?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 10:57 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
LOL did not know he retired. Who he end up playing for?

He played his entire (4 year) career with the Titans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So now the Colts tank, get Tua, and get another Pro Bowl QB as the fans in Washington, Miami etc wonder when their turn comes.

You have a higher opinion of Tua than I do. Don't get me wrong, i'm not putting him in the Shuler/Manzeil category. But.. I don't see him as high as Luck.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:11 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
1. No need to excuse boorish, classless behavior by fans.....

2. Andrew Luck didn't "announce" his retirement in the middle of the game, the information was "leaked",not how it was supposed to come out.

3. I seriously doubt most fans in other cities would have booed a warrior like Luck for saying enough is enough and not wanting to put his body through the wringer any more, not with the serious injuries he has suffered.

4. We are talking about a fan base and ownership group that has been fined for pumping in artificial crowd noise and that actually hangs division "championship" banners. A team that was basically stolen from Baltimore. There is a pattern of poor support/sportsmanship and need to pump up nebulous accomplishments that leads to entitled behavior.

5. I have no doubt that if you put Luck in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Baltimore or host of other more football savvy cities he would not have been booed when news broke, more likely standing ovation from more knowledgeable fans understanding what their QB had been through
I disagree. If they found out during the actual game that he retired then they would get booed. Imaging during a Browns/Steelers game that Cleveland fans had found out that Baker Mayfield had retired, he would get booed.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:16 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Jake Locker did the exact same thing. The only difference is that Locker wasn't especially considered a top-tier QB.

Well, at least you didn't say Philly..

Not sure I agree with you. Personally, I think once the shock of the situation wears off.. If they were to honor him 20 years down the road (or less) then you'd have the Colts fans give him the reception he deserves.

I think they were just more shocked and surprised than anything and it came out as boos. Perhaps not boos to him, but boos to the decision. and I do think that's somewhat understandable.

This wasn't as bad a situation as cheering an injured player like what happened with Michael Irvin back in the day.
yeah this situation was different because Luck was actually standing on the sideline when fans started finding out that he was going to retire. I dont remember anything like this before.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:26 PM

3,697 posts, read 2,418,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So now the Colts tank, get Tua, and get another Pro Bowl QB as the fans in Washington, Miami etc wonder when their turn comes.
The Skins are perpetually mediocore as long as Dan S. is there, IMO.

And Haskins, like many QBs need time to adjust to the NFL.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:44 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Colin Kaepernick?

Anybody?

Hello?
That fool doesn't really want to play. He wants to be a faux Muhammad Ali / Jim Brown civil rights activist.

#Imwithkap / Knowyourrightscamp

https://twitter.com/yourrightscamp

Old 08-27-2019, 02:34 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
The Skins are perpetually mediocore as long as Dan S. is there, IMO.

And Haskins, like many QBs need time to adjust to the NFL.

heh.. well, skipping that I was just amused at 'mediocore', which sounds like a health insurance plan.. The Skins aren't really even mediocre.. On GOOD years they're mediocre. generally, they're just bad under Snyder. Three seasons hovering around .500 is the best we've seen in a long time.

I suppose the question has been asked about how long it takes to destroy a rabid fanbase, and the answer seems to be about 18 to 19 years.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:26 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Colin Kaepernick?

Anybody?

Hello?
That would be awesome if for no other reason than the put up or shut up factor.

No dog in the fight here. But dang, you can bet I'd be watching some Indy games beyond just watching Braden Smith whom I first saw play football when he was 15-16 and already about 6'3 260lbs+

Old 08-27-2019, 10:11 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,993,050 times
There must be more to this story than we know. Sirius was reporting the bonus Luck was able to keep as a "settlement". There's also been mention that Luck may have injured himself in non-football related activities. I am not buying that Luck suddenly decided to retire out of the blue. Peter King said that just 2 weeks ago Luck said he had no doubt about starting week one. I think Luck and Irsay knew for awhile what was going to happen but didn't want to upset the cash cow that is ticket revenue.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:42 AM

9,505 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I disagree. If they found out during the actual game that he retired then they would get booed. Imaging during a Browns/Steelers game that Cleveland fans had found out that Baker Mayfield had retired, he would get booed.
I'm not buying that. Luck is not a quitter, he gave his all to his team. Baker Mayfield has proven that he is not a quiter. So what you are saying is pure speculation and you have no idea if Browns fans, or any fans outside of Indy, would boo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football