Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 07:01 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I disagree. If they found out during the actual game that he retired then they would get booed. Imaging during a Browns/Steelers game that Cleveland fans had found out that Baker Mayfield had retired, he would get booed.
Yeah I agree with that, the Indy fans are getting a bad rap. If you are a Colts fan anxious for the season to return and out of nowhere your 29 year old star, a player who has a huge impact on your team's fortunes (one look at the Colts record with and without Luck confirms this) retires 2 weeks from the opener I can see why some would be upset and boo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 11:28 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah I agree with that, the Indy fans are getting a bad rap. If you are a Colts fan anxious for the season to return and out of nowhere your 29 year old star, a player who has a huge impact on your team's fortunes (one look at the Colts record with and without Luck confirms this) retires 2 weeks from the opener I can see why some would be upset and boo.
I think soon the boos will be forgotten and history will forgive them by moving on.

In a way, I was in their position once. Back in 2003, I was following Mike Vick and was rooting for him the year after he won at Lambeau because he was my hometown guy (grew up next to his city). My friends and I watched the preseason game where he broke his leg and there was just dejection and anger among us. The Falcons just redesigned their jerseys (you literally could not turn your head in Hampton or Newport News VA and not see a Vick jersey) and the 757 was excited to watch him build from Lambeau (even as a Panthers fan) and all that went to in seconds. Think about how legit Falcons felt.

I think it was the shock that caused the boos, which is understandable.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:10 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think soon the boos will be forgotten and history will forgive them by moving on.

In a way, I was in their position once. Back in 2003, I was following Mike Vick and was rooting for him the year after he won at Lambeau because he was my hometown guy (grew up next to his city). My friends and I watched the preseason game where he broke his leg and there was just dejection and anger among us. The Falcons just redesigned their jerseys (you literally could not turn your head in Hampton or Newport News VA and not see a Vick jersey) and the 757 was excited to watch him build from Lambeau (even as a Panthers fan) and all that went to in seconds. Think about how legit Falcons felt.

I think it was the shock that caused the boos, which is understandable.
Yeah but injuries are part of the game, every fan has gone through something similar. Few have seen their 29 year old star of the team suddenly retire 2 weeks from the opener.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football