Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 08:54 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Niners over the Cards tonight in what I think will be a close game. I'll get the rest in later.
Same here. 49ers should be on upset alert but still got to pick them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 03:33 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
San Fran tonight

Old 10-31-2019, 06:00 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,242,232 times
I've gotta go with the 49ers as well.

I thought I'd missed the picks. I was sitting in a bar last night with my wife and her friend and saw a tv behind me with football on the screen. Damn! I thought I'd missed getting my picks in on time. Then I was in the same bar tonight, same chair, same wife with same friend and same tv behind me with football on it. That's when I caught on it was sports news and I hadn't missed the first game of the week last night! LOL

I'll get the rest of my picks in later.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:59 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,939,382 times
1-0! The Thursday winning continues. 6-3.

Old 11-01-2019, 09:44 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
I'm back! Had a great cruise, always good to be back home, can't believe the snow on the ground!

49ers @ Cardinals (picked earlier)
Texans @ Jaguars - London Game
Bears @ Eagles
Vikings @ Chiefs
Colts
@ Steelers
Jets @ Dolphins
Redskins @ Bills
Titans
@ Panthers
Lions @ Raiders
Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Packers @ Chargers
Browns @ Broncos
Patriots
@ Ravens
Cowboys @ Giants

Bye: Bengals, Falcons, Rams, Saints

14-1, like I said, have to check it when I get home to make sure. I'm taking 49ers for Thursday!

Season 76-44 after double checking.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:25 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,939,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm back! Had a great cruise, always good to be back home, can't believe the snow on the ground!

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time. Sorry about the snow, but you do live in WI.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Yes, I do! These early snows get earlier every year! Wasn't just here, many flights for Midwest area cancelled yesterday at O'Hare. They were putting the cots out, glad I was able to get a flight, late, luggage issues but better than a cot!

Old 11-01-2019, 06:23 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
There is a certain website...many actually, who will, for a fee, tell you who they pick in each game . I suppose some who bet on sports may have money to spend on this, although most successful sports gamblers seem to have their own system. For me, I just look here and see who picks who......that is no doubt more accurate.

SO for the Post Halloween (As in I am exhausted) picks

49ERS
@ Cardinals (Thursday) Already picked Earlier. Did not get the Halloween haunted house taken down until about 11 PM and was feeling like I had played in a football game after. Manual Labor.

And now for something completely different.........
Texans vs JAGUARS (London) Well Blimey, we have this mess again then. Not really a home field advantage, but me thinks that Watts' injury will be the beginning of the end for the Texicans, because not only Watts, but starting safety Gipson are both out and the coach is well past due to be extremely silly.

Redskins at BILL's BUFFALOES The Redskins will NOT I repeat will not be hunting Bison this weekend.

A Super Bowl rematch
VIKINGS at Chiefs I hate to pick against the Chefs on the road but Mahomes is doubtful and they are without two starers on O-Line as well as starting Defensive end, meanwhile, Cousins is over-due to flub it all up.....Hard pick to make but the Chiefs are hurting.

LAGUARDIA JETS @ MY Finz Another hard game to pick. Adam Gase always had trouble winning in the city of Miami in the past, and the Dolphins seem to have trouble winning anywhere. Still this is the Gotham team that beat the Cowboys who beat MY FINZ who have beaten no one

Bears @ EAGLES I am picking Calicos Eagles, Da Bears are really overrated, and the Eagle are showing sparks of flying.

COLTS @ Steelers Another Old School matchup, from back when both teams were in the NFL going back to '53 and 33 respectively ..In the Steel City and the Steelers should keep it interesting.

Titans @ PANTHERS I think the Panthers are overdue to a win

Lions @ RAIDERS So someone somewhere (not myself, but some other cat) was saying that the Lions and the Raiders were both seeking playoffs but virtue of a near 500 season at the halfway point. I know Chucky Gruden is about 8 wins away from having that happen and Portly Patricia Is about one buffet away from the next size up of jogging pants....

Buccaneers @ SEAHAWKS The pirates just keep making it difficult for me with my picks and difficult for the fans but being disappointing and inconsistent. Pete Carroll, on the other hand, welcomes them into a hostile environment.
I cannot bad-mouth the Pirates and my son has spent time at nearby car parties with Winston and a few others and really hit it off well with them. But Sunday in Seattle belongs to the Osprey.

BROWNS @ Broncos Funny to see the Browns favored. You know those commercials with the Browns QB and he is saying goodbye to everyone after the game, then starts to clean the place up? THAT IS HOW I FELT LAST NIGHT after HALLOWEEN Here !!!!!

SUSAN's ACME PACKERS @ San Angeles/Homeless Chargers What is there to say about Phillip Rivers season that has not already been said about a Grizzly Bear? They both go into Hibernation every Fall

EVIL PATRIOTS @ Ravens (Sunday Night) Belichick and company continue the winning ways

COWBOYS at Gotham City Giants (Monday) The Pokes had a very bad go of it last time they played at Metropolis Stadium in Gotham City. This time should be easier but expect a slobberknocker either way.

Bye: Bengals, Falcons, RAMS, Saints The Bengals are off Every Sunday already !

Old 11-02-2019, 05:19 PM

Where is everyone? Probably busy or having trouble getting on C-D? They are having some issues apparently or doing updates. I should have picked the Browns instead of the Broncos, and Panthers instead of Titans, but I'm not changing. Sometimes when I change, I regret so sticking with those 2 picks, although might be complaining later!

Old 11-02-2019, 05:37 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
49ers @ Cardinals (Almost, but poor time out at the end of 1st half)
Texans vs Jaguars (London)
Redskins at Bills
Vikings at Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Eagles
Colts @ Steelers
Titans @ Panthers
Lions @ Raiders
Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Browns @ Broncos
Packers @ Chargers
Patriots @ Ravens (Sunday Night)
Cowboys at Giants (Monday)

Season: 77-43
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football