Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 02:08 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times

Advertisements

Week 8 - 14-1
Week 9
49'ers
Texans
Bills
Titans
Chiefs
Jets
Eagles
Colts
Raiders
Seahawks
Broncos
Packers
Cowboys
Patriots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 06:19 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,863 times
Week 9 NFL Matchups

49ers @ Cardinals (Thursday)
Texans vs Jaguars (London)
Redskins at Bills
Vikings at Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Eagles
Colts @ Steelers
Titans @ Panthers
Lions @ Raiders
Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Browns @ Broncos
Packers @ Chargers
Patriots @ Ravens (Sunday Night)
Cowboys at Giants (Monday)

Old 10-29-2019, 06:28 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
I am taking the SAN FRANCISCO/ BAY AREA 49ers over the Pesky Red Birds Halloween Night in a game that I will not watch because it is Halloween and we will be doing scary stuff instead. Nothing Scarier than the 49ers defensive front, and on a short week in front of the struggling redbird Offensive front, the MIner 49ers Will pan out a slim victory on the road.

Rest to follow After the Halloween Holiday

Everyone stay safe and watch for kids out in the roads.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:09 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,863 times
49ers @ Cardinals-Happy Halloween to me! I will be watching this with the lights off and ignoring trick or treaters. I can't wait to watch my Niners play again after destroying the Panthers on Sunday. This is TNF where anything can happen, but I believe in my team against a rookie QB. I'm trying not to get too confident. It wasn't too long ago that SF was the biggest dumpster fire and things change quickly in the NFL, but I've loved our offense, defense, special teams, head coach, and GM this year.

Texans vs Jaguars-This breakfast game will put an end to the bloody bullocks that is the London series. I enjoy the early morning games because it allows me to watch a game before NFL Redzone starts. Minshew Mania will be huge across the pond. The Brits gave us the Beatles and we give them a mustached 6th-rounder rookie in jorts. That sounds about right. Texans are the better team, but I always pick the Jags in the London game. This is their Super Bowl.

Redskins at Bills-Of course I pick the Bills over Philly and they lose. They should right the ship against the Skins who are competing with the Bengals for second biggest dumpster fire.

Vikings at Chiefs-Can the Chiefs lose 4 in a row at Arrowhead and still be in first place in the AFC West? It is certainly possible, but I'm predicting a letdown game for Cousins and company.

Jets @ Dolphins-I'll take the Jets in the Adam Gase Bowl. Dolphins might jump out to a 14-0 lead and might even have the lead the entire game, but they're not winning this with the Bengals still winless on this season. I firmly believe they're tanking for the number 1 pick.

Bears @ Eagles-I can't imagine being a fan of Da Bears this season. They're tough to watch. I learned my lesson last week. Eagles are my Super Bowl and I need to stick with them no matter what.

Colts @ Steelers-How about them Colts? I think they'll win 4 in a row against Pittsburgh. Colts find a way to win and don't beat themselves like a lot of other NFL teams.

Titans @ Panthers-Remember the Titans are unpredictable and play a bizarre brand of football where all kinds of weird things happen. They're perhaps the luckiest team in the NFL considering their last 2 wins. I can see them eking out another one against the Panthers even with Kyle Allen under center. Panthers appear to be trending downward.

Lions @ Raiders-Oakland is just relieved to be back home after spending a month and a half on the road. I'll bite on this minor upset. Both teams have weak secondaries, so it's whoever has the ball last.

Buccaneers @ Seahawks-Russell Wilson smokes a Winston!

Browns @ Broncos-Now that the Patriots game is out of the way the Browns get to the easier part of their schedule. Maybe they can start playing up to their potential against a Broncos team without Joe Flacco. A trip to Denver no longer means a loss due to the altitude. I'm sure the training wheels will be on the offense for Brandon Allen given the conservative playcalling the Broncos employ, so I'm predicting the Browns win something like 10-6.

Packers @ Chargers-It's hard to pick against the Pack right now with Rodgers on fire. I'm sure the StubHub Center will be dominated by Cheeseheads. It must be weird for the Bolts to never have a homefield advantage.

Patriots @ Ravens-This is the game many were circling as a potential upset for the Patriots, but I can't pull the trigger on it. The Dark Side will find a way. It feels like they're going for perfection this season. 16-0 and a Super Bowl win with Brady and Belichick riding off into the sunset. Patriots will be prepared, BUT if anyone can beat them, it'd be Lamar Jackson and John Harbaugh.

Cowboys at Giants -Obviously I can't pick he Cowboys or I would. I don't enjoy nausea though. Of course last time Dallas went to East Rutherford, they were upset by the Jets. So let's go, Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkley, and the Gmen! Please beat them boys!

Last edited by maniac77; 10-29-2019 at 07:19 AM..

Old 10-29-2019, 07:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Redskins at Bills
Vikings at Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Eagles
Colts @ Steelers
Titans @ Panthers
Lions @ Raiders
Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Browns @ Broncos
Packers @ Chargers

Old 10-29-2019, 09:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
Another London game?!?!? JFC, when will this end??

Old 10-30-2019, 08:35 AM

1,149 posts, read 452,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Another London game?!?!? JFC, when will this end??
When Goodell and the owners decide they actually care about what the fans think. As in, it won't.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:24 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,756 times
Last week was my best week since Week 1: 11-3.

Season: 71-47-1

Trying to make sure I get Thursday night in this time!

As usual, my picks in bold:

Redskins at Bills
Vikings at Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Eagles
Colts @ Steelers
Titans @ Panthers
Lions @ Raiders
Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Browns @ Broncos
Packers @ Chargers

Old 10-30-2019, 07:14 PM

307 posts, read 118,888 times
49ers @ Cardinals
Texans vs Jaguars
Redskins at Bills
Vikings at Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Eagles
Colts @ Steelers
Titans @ Panthers
Lions @ Raiders
Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Browns @ Broncos
Packers @ Chargers
Patriots @ Ravens
Cowboys at Giants

Old 10-30-2019, 07:33 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,606,466 times
Week 9:

49ers
Texans
Bills
Chiefs
Jets
Eagles
Colts
Panthers
Raiders
Seahawks
Browns
Packers
Ravens
Cowboys

13-2 last week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football