Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 08:16 PM

11,268 posts, read 11,032,046 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this is a bad choice, but I'll bite on the Cards for Thursday night. I'm already well below my normal average for the season anyway.

Will get the rest in later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 08:17 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
71-49

WEEK 9

Thursday, October 31
49ers at Cardinals

Sunday, November 3
Texans at Jaguars (London)
Redskins at Bills
Titans at Panthers
Vikings at Chiefs
Jets at Dolphins
Bears at Eagles
Colts at Steelers ** since the Texans game will be completed - Texans W = Colts W... Texans L = Steelers W
Lions at Raiders
Buccaneers at Seahawks
Browns at Broncos
Packers at Chargers
Patriots at Ravens

Monday, November 4
Cowboys at Giants

Old 10-30-2019, 09:24 PM

808 posts, read 690,536 times
I'll go ahead and notch my TNF pick for the 49ers.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:45 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm sure this is a bad choice, but I'll bite on the Cards for Thursday night. I'm already well below my normal average for the season anyway.

Will get the rest in later.
We don't call them the PESKY RED BIRDS for nothing.......

This is the kind of game that they could win. I just think it is a long shot for them to overcome the Miners defensive front with what has been a less than stellar offensive line so far. Still Murray is going to be a franchise QB and with the right line, he could morph into the most dangerous passer in the league

Id like to see them pick up a solid lineman and a solid receiving weapon to replace an aging Fitzgerald in the draft. That would wreck havoc on the division next year.

Old 10-31-2019, 06:11 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,938,490 times
Sheesh! Week 9 already.

49ers
Jaguars
Bills
Vikings
Jets
Eagles
Colts
Panthers
Raiders
Seahawks
Browns
Packers
Ravens
Cowboys

Old 10-31-2019, 07:18 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Week 9 NFL Matchups

49ers @ Cardinals (Thursday)
Texans vs Jaguars (London)
Redskins at Bills
Vikings at Chiefs
Jets @ Dolphins
Bears @ Eagles
Colts @ Steelers
Titans @ Panthers
Lions @ Raiders
Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Browns @ Broncos
Packers @ Chargers
Patriots @ Ravens (Sunday Night)
Cowboys at Giants (Monday)
49ers
Texans
Bills
Chiefs
Dolphins (upset special)
Bears
Colts
Panthers
Raiders
Seahawks
Browns
Packers
Ravens
Giants

Old 10-31-2019, 07:29 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,234,977 times
My picks for Week 9
SF
HOU
BUF
TEN
KC
NYJ
PHI
PIT
DET
SEA
DEN
GB
NE
DAL

Old 10-31-2019, 07:54 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
The league is taking shape but there is still so much more to go. I'm actually having a halfway decent season picking, even though I've only had a couple really good weeks. I've so far been able to avoid a really bad week though, so that's helped. I wish my Broncos could say the same!

Week 1: 10-6
Week 2: 8-8
Week 3: 11-5
Week 4: 8-7
Week 5: 11-4
Week 6: 9-5
Week 7: 9-5
Week 8: 13-2
Total: 79-42

My picks for week 9:

49ers @ Cardinals: 49ers. This is the kind of game the Cardinals could easily steal as an upset, but I'm sticking with the safe pick here.

Texans vs Jaguars: Texans. Can we please, for the love of all that is great about the game of football, please, kill this London series?

Redskins at Bills: Bills. After game 2 of the World Series, the Nationals and Redskins had both played 2 games that week. The Nationals outscored the Redskins 17-9. Here's another fun fact: The Redskins were 9.5 dogs to the 49ers in what would become a 9-0 loss. This makes the Redskins the first team to ever cover a spread without scoring a single point. Now THAT'S a fun fact!

Vikings at Chiefs: Vikings. Tough, tough one to call. Vikings are functional on offense and very good defensively. Chiefs have no defense to speak of and may be without Mahommes again on offense. They'll drop to 5-4 but they're still a lock to win the West because there isn't really any competition among the other teams.

Jets @ Dolphins: Jets. Can we just skip this game?

Bears @ Eagles: Eagles. More complete team at home. Easy pick. Hope I didn't just jinx the Eagles here. Sorry, Calico.

Colts @ Steelers: Colts. There isn't anything fancy about how they're doing it, but they're winning just the same.

Titans @ Panthers: Titans. They need this one to keep pace in a crowded AFC South, where every team is still a threat to take it.

Lions @ Raiders: Raiders. Give both teams some serious credit: they're both significantly better than I thought they'd be.

Buccaneers @ Seahawks: Seahawks. Easy pick. Yeah, yeah, "any given Sunday" and "no game is easy" and "blah blah blah" this is an easy pick.

Browns @ Broncos: Broncos. The move from Flacco to Allen could prove to be a disaster, but let's not forget this Broncos defense is pretty good and it's not like Flacco's production is going to be hard to replicate. A younger, more mobile QB may even be a better fit by avoiding sacks when the team is on the edge of FG range. That would be nice.

Packers @ Chargers: Packers. These teams couldn't be more different. Big team from a small town who plays in a storied, big stadium visiting a small team from the biggest city in the U.S. not named NYC, in a small stadium, with virtually no fan base to speak of.

Patriots @ Ravens: Ravens. It's usually a bad move to pick against the Patriots especially in a prime slot. This is exactly the kind of game they get up for and thrive in. But this Ravens team is probably the best team they've faced all season by at least a dozen or two standard deviations. They may be the 2nd best team in the conference and the only legitimate threat to the Patriots conference title hopes. (Sorry, KC, without a defense you're not a serious contender.)

Cowboys at Giants (Monday): Cowboys. This could also be a bad pick. I think they're way better than the Giants but this is the kind of game they lose, (see Jets) and since it's the Giants, a rival game where anything can happen and plus I historically am horrendous at picking games involving the Giants, who knows? I'm just going to tune this one out. Someone wake me when it's over.

Good luck everyone except the Browns!

Old 10-31-2019, 08:06 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
Niners over the Cards tonight in what I think will be a close game. I'll get the rest in later.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:52 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
49ers tonight.

Not going to miss picking a Thursday night game for the second straight week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football