Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 04:24 PM

2,045 posts, read 791,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Bengals @ Ravens
Steelers @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Chargers @ Packers
Raiders @ Dolphins
Giants @ Commanders
Cowboys @ Panthers
Titans @ Jaguars
Cardinals @ Texans
Buccaneers @ 49ers
Jets @ Bills
Seahawks @ Rams
Vikings @ Broncos
Eagles @ Chiefs

Byes: Colts, Falcons, Patriots, Saints
Bengals
Browns
Lions
Chargers
Dolphins
Washington
Cowboys
Jaguars
Cardinals
49ers
Bills
Seahawks
Vikings
Eagles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 05:08 PM

5,247 posts, read 6,174,797 times
Ravens

Steelers
Lions
Chargers
Dolphins
Commanders
Cowboys
Jaguars
Texans
49ers
Bills
Seahawks
Vikings
Chiefs

Good luck everyone

Old 11-16-2023, 05:13 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,497,653 times
I’ll take the Bengals tonight for this sole reason: in toss up games pick the team you like least. As an example, since I’m a Ravens fan if the Ravens win I will gladly take the loss here, but at least if the Bengals win I actually get credit for the win on here. Still is terrible but at least I get something out of it!

Old 11-16-2023, 06:28 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,548,703 times
Bengals @ Ravens
Steelers @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Chargers @ Packers
Raiders @ Dolphins
Giants @ Commanders
Cowboys @ Panthers
Titans @ Jaguars
Cardinals @ Texans
Buccaneers @ 49ers
Jets @ Bills
Seahawks @ Rams
Vikings @ Broncos
Eagles @ Chiefs

I think Bengals are better than BAL but think BAL will be ready after their choke job last week.

Went with CLE even with their QB issues because the only reason PIT beat them earlier this year is 2 defensive TDs. Browns D has gotten better and PIT offense is still crap.

I think Eagles are better than Chiefs but Andy Reid is great off a bye.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:56 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,641,732 times
Thanks for doing the Week 12, and the sticky for Week 11. With the Holiday, it is a good idea.

Old 11-16-2023, 10:07 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,612,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMedic View Post
Too many upsets last week. Thanks to Aqua for the stats update. I am having a lot fun doing this. In the words of the immortal Bill Belichick............"Onto week 10"

CIN @ BAL.........CIN for the upset

PITT @ CLE.........NCAA div. III matchup ....CLE for the win. By 3

CHI @ DET ...........7-1 Detroit in the Motor City ......DET baby by 21

LAC @ GB.........GB in Lambeau, another 3 pointer

LV @ MIA..........Raiders are pumped but MIA at home for the win by 14.

NYG @ WAS.........Snore .......WAS , by 3

DAL @ CAR..........This is gonna be ugly. DAL by atleast 40

TEN @ JAX........JAX to rebound this week. Nothing big , by 7

ARI @ HOU ......No way Arizona wins 2 in a row.....HOU by 10

TB @ SF ............TB and Baker magic by 3

NYJ @ BUF ……..NYJ might actually pull this off

SEA @ LAR ......LAR by 7

SNF :::MIN @ DEN....No way Denver wins 2 in a row...SKOL : MIN

MNF :: PHI @ KC.......could be a preview of SB but I hate Mahomes: PHI

Good luck everyone
Are you picking NYJ or BUF?

Old 11-17-2023, 10:36 AM

26,232 posts, read 49,112,227 times
Ravens won last night but it cost both teams dearly.

Ravens lost Mark Andrews for the season with an ankle injury. I thought Beckham filled in well along with a couple of others. Lamar Jackson was limping around a bit too. Ravens have ten days to prepare for the Chargers on 26 Nov and then a bye week until the Rams on 10 Dec. Hopefully they can heal up a bit.

Bengals lost Joe Burrow just before half time, allegedly a wrist injury but it looked strange as he tried to throw on the sidelines and doubled over in pain as if it were his shoulder hurting him. They showed a photo of him stepping off the team bus before the game and he had a bandage of some sort on his right hand and wrist.

Edit to add:

Joe Burrows is out for the season due to a torn ligament in his right wrist.

Quote:
ESPN

CINCINNATI -- Joe Burrow's season is over.

An MRI showed the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback suffered a torn ligament in his right wrist in Thursday's loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The team termed the issue an acute injury that likely occurred in the second quarter. On the next play, Burrow threw a 4-yard touchdown pass in what will likely be his final throw of 2023.

Quote:
Guardian

Earlier Friday, the Associated Press reported the NFL is investigating the team’s handling of Burrow’s injury status in the lead-up to that game. The Bengals had posted and later deleted a video on social media that showed Burrow getting off a team bus with his right hand in what appeared to be a soft cast. Such reviews are not uncommon with the NFL regularly looking into similar cases. Teams can be fined or lose a draft pick for violating the NFL’s injury report policy.

“It’s not uncommon for guys to wear a compression sleeve on a plane because when you go up to that altitude, things can swell up,” Burrow said Friday. “Football, you have a lot of bumps and bruises. This is a completely new injury.”
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-18-2023 at 01:52 PM..

Old 11-18-2023, 01:12 PM

2,237 posts, read 1,128,989 times
Steelers @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Chargers @ Packers
Raiders @ Dolphins
Giants @ Commanders
Cowboys @ Panthers
Titans @ Jaguars
Cardinals @ Texans
Buccaneers @ 49ers
Jets @ Bills
Seahawks @ Rams
Vikings @ Broncos
Eagles @ Chiefs

Old 11-19-2023, 08:12 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,929,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Cincinnati @ Baltimore Have to pick the purple even though I'm rooting for the orange.
================================================== ===============
Ok, let's see if I can stay out of the traps this week...

Bengals @ Ravens

Steelers @ Browns

Bears @ Lions

Chargers @ Packers

Raiders @ Dolphins

Giants @ Commanders

Cowboys @ Panthers

Titans @ Jaguars

Cardinals @ Texans

Buccaneers @ 49ers

Jets @ Bills

Seahawks @ Rams

Vikings @ Broncos

Eagles @ Chiefs

Old 11-19-2023, 09:39 AM

9,776 posts, read 7,497,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I’ll take the Bengals tonight for this sole reason: in toss up games pick the team you like least. As an example, since I’m a Ravens fan if the Ravens win I will gladly take the loss here, but at least if the Bengals win I actually get credit for the win on here. Still is terrible but at least I get something out of it!
Steelers @ Browns. I'll take the Browns at home where they are 4-1 this year even without Watson.
Bears @ Lions. Lions, Tigers & Bears oh my!
Chargers @ Packers. I'll gamble with Herbert & the Chargers at Lambeau
Raiders @ Dolphins. Dolphins might be able to call their own number again here, Raiders won't be playing the New York teams anymore.
Giants @ Commanders. Giants did win the home matchup earlier this year, but this team can barely do anything at all since that Commanders win.
Cowboys @ Panthers. I mean Dallas did lose to Arizona earlier this year....with McCarthy anything is possible I guess??
Titans @ Jaguars. Jags should get this win here.
Cardinals @ Texans. CJ Stroud looks like the rookie of the year, and continues to give the Texans a playoff push.
Buccaneers @ 49ers. Niners should roll easily.
Jets @ Bills. I don't think the Bills are making the playoffs anyways, but if they lose here they definitely won't be making it.
Seahawks @ Rams. I'll take the Rams at SoFi who already won at Seattle in week 1.
Vikings @ Broncos. Another terrible Sunday night game.
Eagles @ Chiefs. Super bowl rematch, the #1 AFC team vs. the #1 NFC team. Chiefs at Arrowhead in a primetime game, not a lot of teams are beating the Chiefs in that scenario. The best game of the week comes in the Monday night game where the Chiefs win by 3 on a Harrison Butker walk off field goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football