Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 01:51 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Keep talking JJ - I want complacency to set in - especially after 6 games.

Jerry Jones: ‘I know we can’t dwell on it, but we should smell the roses here just a little bit’

------------------------------------------------

More JJ...

Jerry Jones Given ‘Stern’ Instructions Not To Talk About Johnny Manziel Anymore

Much has been made about how close Jones and the Cowboys came to drafting Johnny Manziel in the 2014 NFL draft, as Jones’ son had to physically stop his father from selecting the former Heisman Trophy winner with the 16th overall pick. But even if Jones stills finds the urge to talk about what could have been with Johnny Football, he has been instructed to keep it to himself.

"... I really have had some very stern, succinct instructions not to mention Johnny anymore from people who count, let me put it like that.”

He keeps talking, he will hit something that distracts the team.
That's just sad, dude...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 02:28 PM

45,644 posts, read 27,268,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
That's just sad, dude...
I am just having fun with it... no seriousness at all when discussing JJ - but I think you know there is some truth to what I post.

I got a brother and sister who are Cowboy fans - I've been thru the ringer plenty of days.

You guys have a better than expected team this year. Good possibility we both have one loss going into T-Giving game.

Anyway - don't take my JJ posts too seriously.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:18 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I hate Dallas so much, but damn they look pretty good. Romo is fnally coming around, and Murray is tearing it up on the ground. The defense isn't doing too bad either, which surprised me as I thought the loss of Sean Lee would hurt them.

Their first 3 wins didn't really impress me, but beating Seattle was damn impressive! NFC East is going to be a dog fight this year, except of course for my Redskins.

I think the defense heard everyone said how bad they would be and was motivated to prove everyone wrong.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 PM

203 posts, read 185,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I think the defense heard everyone said how bad they would be and was motivated to prove everyone wrong.
Yes indeed the defense has something to prove but I also think the O-line got a little burr under their saddle being constantly compared to things like jello and swiss cheese.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:07 PM
FBJ

I was watching the NFL network tonight and some guy said the Giants game is a TRAP GAME?

Is that because the Cowboys play the Awesome Skins on Oct 27th? lol

Old 10-15-2014, 07:12 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,931 times
Pleasantly surprised so far this season. That OL is the real deal and makes life better for everyone.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I am just having fun with it... no seriousness at all when discussing JJ - but I think you know there is some truth to what I post.

I got a brother and sister who are Cowboy fans - I've been thru the ringer plenty of days.

You guys have a better than expected team this year. Good possibility we both have one loss going into T-Giving game.

Anyway - don't take my JJ posts too seriously.
Either way, they ARE better, and that's all that matters.

To win 5 straight games after that b.s. in Week 1 shows major improvement in several ways.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:07 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Either way, they ARE better, and that's all that matters.

To win 5 straight games after that b.s. in Week 1 shows major improvement in several ways.
I remember people laughing after I took a positive out of the week 1 loss. I pointed out that the offense and defense ended the game on a good note and it carried over into next game.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:17 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,120,437 times
Dallas just might have the best offensive line in the league. the holes for Murray are insane.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:01 AM

917 posts, read 1,385,963 times
I am amazed about the turnaround this team has made. I know last years Cowboys wouldn’t overcome that 21-0 game vs Rams or still pull of a W after those terrible ST mistakes vs Seattle. I honestly thought they’d be 5-11 or 6-10 this year. (Still a chance but the way theyre playing I don’t see it happening lol). Im glad my own team is proving me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football