Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 08:39 AM

14,336 posts, read 14,681,539 times

Advertisements

Good luck today Cowboy fans. I hope it is a great game, controversy free, no serious injuries on either side! Of course, I would like a Pack win but I'm not an intense so no trash talking on my part. I have been hard on Romo in the past but him settling down, having a run game, worked wonders and he is playing with that back issue. Bravo for him for this season.

You can't go around here without seeing some Cowboy stuff. I was in Bud Wilman's café yesterday and there is a Free framed jersey on the wall as he is from Manitowoc. I've been to Fred's in Burlington and that is all about Tony Romo.

Let the game begin, can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 09:29 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,172,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Good luck today Cowboy fans. I hope it is a great game, controversy free, no serious injuries on either side! Of course, I would like a Pack win but I'm not an intense so no trash talking on my part. I have been hard on Romo in the past but him settling down, having a run game, worked wonders and he is playing with that back issue. Bravo for him for this season.

You can't go around here without seeing some Cowboy stuff. I was in Bud Wilman's café yesterday and there is a Free framed jersey on the wall as he is from Manitowoc. I've been to Fred's in Burlington and that is all about Tony Romo.

Let the game begin, can't wait!
I set my alarm for 12 pm and woke up at 11am instead which let's you know I'm nervous. .lol. I don't want to see any pregame shows only the game itself. Lol

Old 01-11-2015, 09:36 AM

6,799 posts, read 5,686,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I set my alarm for 12 pm and woke up at 11am instead which let's you know I'm nervous. .lol. I don't want to see any pregame shows only the game itself. Lol
I am contemplating going to Dave n Busters to watch the game. Let the kids (non football fans) play some games while me and my young son watch the Cowboys. Last time we were there (vs Colts) there was a loud mouth Giants who wouldn't shut up.. he finally left once the Cowboys got up big but guys like that make me second guess going. If it was just me, that would be one thing but i have young kids who don't need to hear or see crap like this. Its one thing to throw a friendly jab at another fan but to have a full fledged screaming match is another. Now, he was not screaming at me but at another Cowboys fan who actually apologized to me for screaming so much around the kids.. The Giants fan did no such thing, he simply paid his tab and left.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:38 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,172,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I am contemplating going to Dave n Busters to watch the game. Let the kids (non football fans) play some games while me and my young son watch the Cowboys. Last time we were there (vs Colts) there was a loud mouth Giants who wouldn't shut up.. he finally left once the Cowboys got up big but guys like that make me second guess going. If it was just me, that would be one thing but i have young kids who don't need to hear or see crap like this. Its one thing to throw a friendly jab at another fan but to have a full fledged screaming match is another. Now, he was not screaming at me but at another Cowboys fan who actually apologized to me for screaming so much around the kids.. The Giants fan did no such thing, he simply paid his tab and left.
Well atleast it won't be any Frigid or snowy weather in GB today which is good

Old 01-11-2015, 02:05 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,921,287 times
I don't care for Dez Bryant, but i'm doubting that the refs would have reversed that call during the regular season. I guess Jones' hanging out with Blandino just bit him in his a*s.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:07 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,678,811 times
I really, really want to see the Cowboys lose, but even I am surprised that catch was reversed.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I don't care for Dez Bryant, but i'm doubting that the refs would have reversed that call during the regular season.
i agree. the boys need a turn over here. however with the first down and no time outs, the game is just about over now.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:12 PM

18,104 posts, read 27,575,490 times
Well looky here.

Just like I said in the Detroit thread last week, the Cowboys wuz robbed.

Wow!

Old 01-11-2015, 02:14 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,018,786 times
Great game. Both teams played well.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well looky here.

Just like I said in the Detroit thread last week, the Cowboys wuz robbed.

Wow!
and like i said in the detroit thread, one play does not a game make. the cowboys had a number of opportunities, but they failed to capitalize on them. it would have been nice if that one call went the other way for the cowboys, and they wont the game as a result, but then it would have been the packers fans claiming they were robbed.

in the end, it was one call in 60 minutes of football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football