Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 06:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,891,844 times

Advertisements

the rest of the season doesnt look good for the cowboys. oh well there is always next season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 07:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 33,593,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the rest of the season doesnt look good for the cowboys. oh well there is always next season.
And if it's with Jason Garrett as head coach, it will be another season without any chance of contending for a championship.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:27 AM

45,647 posts, read 27,275,817 times
My brother (Cowboy fan) is in this camp regarding Romo. Do you agree?

Dak Prescott is losing games that Tony Romo could win

Now many of you are starting to understand why there is a growing segment of Cowboy Nation that remains upset at how the idiots in the front office took Romo’s team away because of a winning streak.

It’s not a secret that I miss seeing Romo on the field. You know what else I miss: accurate back shoulder throws to wide receiver Dez Bryant 25 yards downfield; having a wide out with more than 100 receiving yards and multiple touchdowns; seeing someone other than future Hall of Fame tight end Jason Witten lead the team in receptions; having a quarterback average more than 7 yards per pass attempt or exceed 300 passing yards in a game.

** Romo stat alert ** – In 2014, with the NFL’s leading rusher DeMarco Murray in the backfield, Romo still averaged 12.2 yards per pass completion.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:53 AM

796 posts, read 506,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My brother (Cowboy fan) is in this camp regarding Romo. Do you agree?

Dak Prescott is losing games that Tony Romo could win
Now many of you are starting to understand why there is a growing segment of Cowboy Nation that remains upset at how the idiots in the front office took Romo’s team away because of a winning streak.

It’s not a secret that I miss seeing Romo on the field. You know what else I miss: accurate back shoulder throws to wide receiver Dez Bryant 25 yards downfield; having a wide out with more than 100 receiving yards and multiple touchdowns; seeing someone other than future Hall of Fame tight end Jason Witten lead the team in receptions; having a quarterback average more than 7 yards per pass attempt or exceed 300 passing yards in a game.

** Romo stat alert ** – In 2014, with the NFL’s leading rusher DeMarco Murray in the backfield, Romo still averaged 12.2 yards per pass completion.
I kinda agree with ur brother; however, it was probably the best decision for Romo to retire. His injury history and back issues were concerning and sometimes u have to look at more valuable factors like the quality of one's life. What if they brought Romo back in and he got injured so badly whereas it would affect him getting around and his health? He has a family and kids and doing very well with his current job. Football is very important but isn't everything to some of these players.

But yes I do miss Romo and his passing game. I think something is off with Dak, this entire team and coaching. Dak's confidence seems shot and his decision making isn't as good as last year, especially the last 3 games.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:43 AM

45,647 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I kinda agree with ur brother; however, it was probably the best decision for Romo to retire. His injury history and back issues were concerning and sometimes u have to look at more valuable factors like the quality of one's life. What if they brought Romo back in and he got injured so badly whereas it would affect him getting around and his health? He has a family and kids and doing very well with his current job. Football is very important but isn't everything to some of these players.

But yes I do miss Romo and his passing game. I think something is off with Dak, this entire team and coaching. Dak's confidence seems shot and his decision making isn't as good as last year, especially the last 3 games.
Even during last year's winning streak, he was pushing for Romo to get his job back.

I thought he would have been a sitting duck back there, and Dak's mobility helped them at the time.

And you're right in that who knows what hit Romo would have taken if he had got his job back.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:48 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,986,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post

the Cowboys have had some significant injuries and Dak is still young, a little early to jump off the Dak bandwagon IMHO, while as an Eagles fan I would probably enjoy the boys down with no QB but outside looking in and Zeke and the O Line back I think thee is a different Dak in the future sadly

Old 11-27-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Even during last year's winning streak, he was pushing for Romo to get his job back.

I thought he would have been a sitting duck back there, and Dak's mobility helped them at the time.

And you're right in that who knows what hit Romo would have taken if he had got his job back.
I was undecided last year as to who I wanted to continue to start. If I was GM, I probably would've done what the front office did and stayed with Dak if I didn't see any glaring issues. And even tho Dak and Zeke gave Cowboys a lot of excitement and a breath of fresh air...I did always wonder how Romo and Zeke would've worked out and would Romo's ability to stretch the field with passing would open lanes for Zeke/Morris and make those 2 better. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see that.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
the Cowboys have had some significant injuries and Dak is still young, a little early to jump off the Dak bandwagon IMHO, while as an Eagles fan I would probably enjoy the boys down with no QB but outside looking in and Zeke and the O Line back I think thee is a different Dak in the future sadly
Im not off the Dak bandwagon and hope any Cowboy QB does well. I just didn't know the last 3 games would be this bad overall teamwise but especially offensively. And as far as injuries, good coaching can get some teams thru this....look at how the Eagles are still doing well with their injuries and still have depth. And sometimes a QB still needs to preform well even without a dominant running game...cant expect that all the times but some games yes.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,891,844 times
we all seem to forget that when romo first became the starting quarterback, he had a number of issues that he had to overcome on the field. ultimately he did overcome those issues and became the quarterback we all remember. dak prescott is still learning the NFL game, and he is going through the same issues that romo, and every other quarterback, has gone through. but he is learning, and he will get better.

most of us seem to only remember the veteran romo who was precise with his passing, and avoided interceptions by throwing the ball away rather than try to force the ball into small windows. we also forget that troy aikman, danny white, roger staughbach, don meredeth, and every other cowboys quarterback had their problems early in their career.

prescott came onto the scene with a solid running back, and a solid offensive line, and good receivers, and was able to use them effectively. but we also knew that his sophomore year would be much harder on him, because there is video on him now, so opposing teams know how prescott will react to certain situations, and they adjust accordingly.

as for wentz, he had his bad season last year.

lets not throw the baby out with the bath water, prescott will learn, and he will get better, and he will push teh cowboys forward in the long run.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:04 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,290,691 times
You guys are talking about Dez Bryant. Dez caught some nice passes from Dak last season. The issue is very clear with Dez. He just doesn't have it anymore. He hasn't had it since the "was it a catch" game. He can no longer get the separation that the elites like Keenan Allen, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and AJ Green can get. On top of that, Dez can no longer jump up and get a pass anymore. I'm not going to put Dez's lack of production on Dak. I just don't think Dez is that prolific receiver anymore. Julio Jones went off for 258 yards yesterday! He has Sanu to help him on the field. I'm not going to say there's a sharp decline between Sanu and Williams or Butler. I know many Dallas fans don't want to admit it, but I just don't think Dez is THAT GUY anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football