Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 05:46 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,684,974 times

Advertisements

Glad for the win but this team struggles mightily for long stretches of time during every game.

Defense looks better and once again were the reason the Cowboys won. The Cowboys offense hit on some big plays which are nice but it certainly would be nice to see some consistent LONG (multiple) drives...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 09:20 AM

796 posts, read 507,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Glad for the win but this team struggles mightily for long stretches of time during every game.

Defense looks better and once again were the reason the Cowboys won. The Cowboys offense hit on some big plays which are nice but it certainly would be nice to see some consistent LONG (multiple) drives...
D wasnt the only reason for win....it was a good team win. However, ur right that it took offense a long time to click. This can be an issue when playing better teams. Also, there were multiple drops during game. Dak did look better and made some good plays....that's good and reassuring. He could've had more TDs if wasn't for drops and I know Dez could've ran one in for a TD.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:23 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,664,607 times
The defense looked good because it was the Giants they were playing. I expect them to win against the Raiders, whose offense is nearly as bad the Giants but after that... Fingers crossed.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
The defense looked good because it was the Giants they were playing. I expect them to win against the Raiders, whose offense is nearly as bad the Giants but after that... Fingers crossed.
spot on... Even the Seahawks don't have a high powered offense.. they make a big deal about how well Wilson plays in the 4th quarter.. which he certainly does but what about the other 3.... seems to me if he and the offense in general, played better in the first 3 Qtrs.. they wouldn't have to scramble to score in the 4th...

Still, assuming the Cowboys beat the Raiders and then beat the Seahawks at home with the return of Zeke.. they play the Eagles who likely have nothing to play for and win that..... they still likely miss the playoffs..

Regardless, i still want them to win out.. play hard even with little to play for... a 10-6 season is still a good season in my mind, even if they miss out on the playoffs...

Old 12-11-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Good point....Cowboys D played Giants well last 3-4 games....even during the 2nd matchup last year when Dak and the entire O had a bad game

Last edited by VABlkCONSERV; 12-11-2017 at 11:49 AM..

Old 12-11-2017, 03:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,952,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
spot on... Even the Seahawks don't have a high powered offense.. they make a big deal about how well Wilson plays in the 4th quarter.. which he certainly does but what about the other 3.... seems to me if he and the offense in general, played better in the first 3 Qtrs.. they wouldn't have to scramble to score in the 4th...

Still, assuming the Cowboys beat the Raiders and then beat the Seahawks at home with the return of Zeke.. they play the Eagles who likely have nothing to play for and win that..... they still likely miss the playoffs..

Regardless, i still want them to win out.. play hard even with little to play for... a 10-6 season is still a good season in my mind, even if they miss out on the playoffs...
the seahawks will be a tough game, and the raiders are no slouches either. and i also hope that the cowboys win out, it gives the some confidence and momentum going into next season. and its true that the cowboys need help to make the playoffs this season, but we cant worry about what other teams do, only what the cowboys do from hear on out.

all too often this season the cowboys have shot themselves in the foot, dropped passes, fumbles, bad decisions across the board, etc. but live and learn. when this season is over, the cowboys need to take stock of everything that went wrong this season, and do what they can to prevent those issue next season.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the seahawks will be a tough game, and the raiders are no slouches either. and i also hope that the cowboys win out, it gives the some confidence and momentum going into next season. and its true that the cowboys need help to make the playoffs this season, but we cant worry about what other teams do, only what the cowboys do from hear on out.

all too often this season the cowboys have shot themselves in the foot, dropped passes, fumbles, bad decisions across the board, etc. but live and learn. when this season is over, the cowboys need to take stock of everything that went wrong this season, and do what they can to prevent those issue next season.
Agree....u gotta always play to win (at least until u mathematically out of it AND tanking for a reason....like a specific player)

Old 12-17-2017, 09:58 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,967,359 times
Default Week 15

This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Raiders: 20-17

2017 Regular Season Record: (8-6)
2017 Division Record: (4-1)

Next Week: vs. Seattle

This game... hell, this WEEK has been "interesting", at best. I don't think either one of our teams deserved to win that game... but WE won, and that's all I care about.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,952,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Raiders: 20-17

2017 Regular Season Record: (8-6)
2017 Division Record: (4-1)

Next Week: vs. Seattle

This game... hell, this WEEK has been "interesting", at best. I don't think either one of our teams deserved to win that game... but WE won, and that's all I care about.
i knew two things going into this game;

1: the last team to score would win the game

2: the team that made the fewest mistakes would also win the game

fortunately in both cases that was the cowboys, but could easily have been the raiders if carr had not fumbled the ball when he did. he had the first down, but he choose to try and stretch it out ofr teh touchdown. so dallas made teh last score, and oakland made the last mistake.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:34 AM

Defense still played well vs Oakland. Not as well in the 2nd half as the first but very well indeed. Its nice to see this defense start to mold into a very solid unit. Of course, it all really hinges on Lee... without him, they are below average, with him they are above and unfortunately, he is injury prone. Be nice to see what this unit would do with a healthy Lee for 16 games next season!

It's been quite a long time since the Cowboys have been able to snatch victory from Defeat. They got super fortunate that the ball left Carr's hand before it crossed the goal line or before Carr went out of bounds.. They got lucky several times last night.. on the 4th and 1 play, where the ref used a piece of paper to confirm the 1st... wow (although i thought we got a bad spot there).. they got lucky on some penalty calls (holding on a defensive lineman rushing the passes?).. holding on the kickoff for a TD.. push off on the TD pass right before half and the missed FG... of course all of those penalties were valid but they are only called 50% of the time, or less! They got lucky before the game even started when Amari Cooper was listed inactive because of an injury...

What is that old saying, "I would rather be lucky than good".. I don't know about that... but i certainly want to be lucky when I am not good! And last night, the Cowboys were more lucky than good and I will take it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football