Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 02:15 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,495 times

Advertisements

No excuses tonight. Romo admits much of last week's loss was on him, so he should show it by playing better tonight. Then again, maybe his "It's on me. I need to play better." comments are nothing more than lip service. He has said such things before.

This year is it for him, I think. He has a good offensive line, a good running game, a great tight end, and pretty decent receivers. Whatever he does this year is probably all he's ever gonna do. Let's see if he is who we thought he was. Hopefully not.

I suppose some of the blame can be put on the coaches. He needs somebody to be on his @ss for careless mistakes. I really think he'd have a playoff win by now under Parcells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 PM

212 posts, read 572,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
No excuses tonight. Romo admits much of last week's loss was on him, so he should show it by playing better tonight. Then again, maybe his "It's on me. I need to play better." comments are nothing more than lip service. He has said such things before.

This year is it for him, I think. He has a good offensive line, a good running game, a great tight end, and pretty decent receivers. Whatever he does this year is probably all he's ever gonna do. Let's see if he is who we thought he was. Hopefully not.

I suppose some of the blame can be put on the coaches. He needs somebody to be on his @ss for careless mistakes. I really think he'd have a playoff win by now under Parcells.
he lost a playoff game with parcells be careful what ya ask for. i would take romo over 80% percent of the QB's in the league now. GO COWBOYS

Old 09-29-2009, 01:52 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,495 times
I think under Parcells, Romo would have continued to improve as a quarterback and mature. He looks like the same player he was a few years ago now, both the good and the bad.

Anyhow, the Boys did an okay job beating a horrible team tonight. To think Carolina was a Steve Smith big play away from taking the lead in the 4th quarter for a while there. Yuck.

Wade Phillips would have been given a pink slip faster than Jim Zorn if they'd lost this game.

We'll take it. A win is a win. There's still plenty of room for improvement if this team wants to make some noise in the playoffs.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:40 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Felix Jones continues to be an electrifying, yet injury-prone player.

8 carries for 94 yards, and out with a knee.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Default Week 3

Cowboys BEAT the Panthers 21-7

2009 Record: (2-1)

The computer is a little screwed up right now so it might not look like the rest. And I know this it's late, but again, my computer is trash.
ANYWAY, it was an ugly game, but a win is a win, Romo looked better, and few people are complaining as much as they were. Ya can't ask for more....

Next Up: the (3-0) Denver Broncos.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times
Woohoo go Broncos baby! go 4 and 0 and send the Cowboys at 2 and 2

Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
I live in Fort Worth, but it's hard for me to be a Cowboys fan. Romo is a good passer, but I'm not convinced that his attitude is any better than it used to be. I remeber a game last year when Romo and T.O. were smirking at each other because they had connected and scored, like it was just a pickup game...and then they lost the game. The best thing you could say about Romo in the Giants game was that he always passed the ball to someone, but it didn't seem to matter what color jersey they were wearing. Beating the Panthers 21-7 isn't much to crow about.

We shal see what happens the rest of the season. I'd like to like them, but it's not easy. Especially with those terrible commercials that Jerry Jones is doing...doesn't he have enough money yet? Isn't the $75 parking lucrative enough?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:42 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Now they're reporting that Felix Jones sprained his knee on that last long run...

Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I live in Fort Worth, but it's hard for me to be a Cowboys fan. Romo is a good passer, but I'm not convinced that his attitude is any better than it used to be. I remeber a game last year when Romo and T.O. were smirking at each other because they had connected and scored, like it was just a pickup game...and then they lost the game. The best thing you could say about Romo in the Giants game was that he always passed the ball to someone, but it didn't seem to matter what color jersey they were wearing. Beating the Panthers 21-7 isn't much to crow about.

We shal see what happens the rest of the season. I'd like to like them, but it's not easy. Especially with those terrible commercials that Jerry Jones is doing...doesn't he have enough money yet? Isn't the $75 parking lucrative enough?
I know, it was a pretty ugly game. And they're not playing like a playoff team now.

But a win's a win, and for now they're over .500. So I'm gonna keep my optimism up.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
I'll take that win. I bet Carolina fans would be happy with an ugly win right about now. Same with Tampa, Miami, and even a couple 1-2 teams. Right now, take what is given to you. I expect the offense to have a great day on Sunday. Hopefully Marion plays. Love Felix but he is made of glass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football