Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 02:23 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,004,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Don't over panic now, your team isnt THAT bad, you should beat KC. Even the Browns could beat them on the right day. Face it, you guys are 9-7 or 8 -8 this season. Embrace it. Hey, maybe you can beg Drew Bledsoe to come back. The big Tuna fired him, but hes gone to Miami now. Get the black book out, firing Bledsoe only seems to work in New England. You guys sure didnt get a Tom Brady out of the deal.
They should panic cause 9-7 or 8-8 will NOT make the playoffs. I've got them at 8-8. It may take a little longer to pay for Cowboy Stadium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 07:12 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,502,333 times
One of Romo's errant passes almost got Roy Williams destroyed:

Old 10-06-2009, 11:02 PM

18,064 posts, read 27,523,270 times
That's one of 4 times Williams could have got lit up going across the middle with an errant and high pass from Romo.

I think the Broncos' backs had Romo in their pockets. But how stupid was 11 for going across the middle and not expecting to get a gall-blatterectomy.

What the hell was Troy Aikman doing in the booth... in Denver? Here, have another glass of concussion. Quit slobbering all over your Cowgirls and gacking all over Romo.

I am so stoked over that rip-your-heart-out win.

HOW BOUT DIM COWBOYS?!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:30 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,112,848 times
As the team currently is now, I can only see about 5 games they could possibly win on their remaining schedule.

A 7-9 record isn't out of the question.

Hopefully, Al Davis Jr will hire a real coach next year and let him run the show. It's the only way we're gonna get a Cower, Holmgren, or Shanahan in here. If he replaces Phillips with Jason Garret, remind me to jump of the nearest bridge I can find.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 AM

18,064 posts, read 27,523,270 times
At least the Cowboys are more physical than the Raiders. The Broncos b!#ch-slapped the Raiders around the field all game long.

But what's with Barber after he gets tackled. He likes to do balerina rolls and skip around like a carnie act. He should chill. Good goal-line stand though.

So... if Romo would just settle down or you guys get a nominal replacement, you can turn this around right?

Is it my imagination or does Romo have the Danny White curse? Will take you to the playoffs and choke in the first round? Denver knows that pain too. They haven't had a sniff since about 05 and since Elway prior to that.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 AM

729 posts, read 2,070,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That's one of 4 times Williams could have got lit up going across the middle with an errant and high pass from Romo.

I think the Broncos' backs had Romo in their pockets. But how stupid was 11 for going across the middle and not expecting to get a gall-blatterectomy.

What the hell was Troy Aikman doing in the booth... in Denver? Here, have another glass of concussion. Quit slobbering all over your Cowgirls and gacking all over Romo.

I am so stoked over that rip-your-heart-out win.

HOW BOUT DIM COWBOYS?!

You must have a pathetic life if you get STOKED over rip-your-heart-out-losses. Sad puppy.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:35 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,200,827 times
Quote:
At least the Cowboys are more physical than the Raiders. The Broncos b!#ch-slapped the Raiders around the field all game long.
When the Cowboys try to get aggressive, they get penalized - the lack of discipline comes from HC Phillips.

Quote:
So... if Romo would just settle down or you guys get a nominal replacement, you can turn this around right?
They say Kitna looks good in practice...real good.

Quote:
Is it my imagination or does Romo have the Danny White curse? Will take you to the playoffs and choke in the first round?
White was actually better than that, as he held a lot of Cowboys' records that come from tenure and longevity. Romo's an average qb with athletic ability (plays basketball really well), but I think the biggest problem he has is managing the game consistently, and handling adversity.

Mr. Obvious, signing off.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,940,501 times
To all Cowboys fans:

DO NOT LET THE HATERS GET TO YOU....

That is all.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:40 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,112,848 times
Losing to the Chiefs today will get me down.

If the Cowboys are a pretty good team, there's no excuse to lose this one today. Come in and take care of business. That'll give us a reason to be positive and some hope for the rest of the season.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,127,463 times
Default Twenty Year Aniversary tomorrow of the Herschel Walker Trade

At the time of the trade, the Vikings were 3 - 2 after going 11 - 5 in 1988 and two years removed from losing 17 - 10 to Washington in the NFC Championship. Vikings would go on to finish 10 -6 in '89, win the NFC Central and lose to San Francisco 41 - 13 in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Dallas was 0 - 5 at the time after going 3 - 13 in 1988. Dallas finished 1989 going 1 - 15.

Vikings got Herschel Walker and in his first game against Green Bay he rushed for 148 yds on 18 carries. In Herschel's next 43 games with the Vikings, they would go 20 - 23 and he would average 50 yds/game. The Vikings only playoff appearance during the Herscel Era was the SF blow-out.

Dallas got 5 players in all from the Vikings including 3 defensive starters; Issac Holt (CB), Jesse Solomon (LB) & David Howard (LB). Also obtained was '88 leading rusher Darrin Nelson and back-up DE Alex Stewart.

Dallas was also offered up to eight draft picks but five (2-1sts, 2-2nds & 1 3rd) of those were "conditional" and would only be awarded if the Cowboys didn't keep the players obtained from the Vikings past the current 1989 season. After the '89 season, Jimmy Johnson informed Mike Lynn that he had no intention on keeping any of the players obtained. Although Mike Lynn hung up on Johnson before Johnson had a chance to make an offer that would allow the Cowboys to keep the players along with the picks, a trade was eventually made where the Vikings got two 3rds and a 10th round pick and Dallas kept the players and the eight draft picks.

The trade ultimately involved a still record, 18 players or draft picks. Dallas eventually packaged the picks or higher ones to select Emmitt Smith (RB-NFL career rushing leader), Russsell Maryland (DT), Darren Woodson (Safety), Kevin Smith (CB), Alin Harper (WR) and Dixon Edwards (LB). Dallas won the Super Bowls in 1992, 1993 and 1995.

Ya'd think you could at least send us a card or even say thank you, but noooooooooooooooo...

most of this info was obtained from Mark Craig's article in today's Minneapolis StarTribune. Would have provided the link but their web site is too lame to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football