Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2020, 04:15 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,955,309 times

Advertisements

I've given up on the season, so I won't be doing my weekly "report" from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 06:54 PM

9,797 posts, read 7,528,071 times
I'm not a Dallas fan, so I'm just posing a question:

With how atrocious the division is, they aren't out of the divisional race by any means, but we are getting to week 8 next week, and even in a bad division you are going to approach the 2 minute warning at some point. With how pathetic this game was, the reports during the week about how the players don't respect McCarthy, and nobody standing up for the brutal/illegal hit on Dalton, do you think Jerry pulls the plug on McCarthy less than halfway through the first season?? And to piggyback off that first question, do you think a coaching change will even matter at this point or is the roster a lost cause no matter who the head coach is??

Old 10-25-2020, 08:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,934,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

With how atrocious the division is, they aren't out of the divisional race by any means, but we are getting to week 8 next week, and even in a bad division you are going to approach the 2 minute warning at some point. With how pathetic this game was, the reports during the week about how the players don't respect McCarthy, and nobody standing up for the brutal/illegal hit on Dalton, do you think Jerry pulls the plug on McCarthy less than halfway through the first season?? And to piggyback off that first question, do you think a coaching change will even matter at this point or is the roster a lost cause no matter who the head coach is??

i dont think jerry dumps mccarthy. jerry is a loyalist to his coaches and players, and will give them a chance, as was seen with jason garrett.

this season has been a bad one for the cowboys, what with new coaches, new and more complex defensive schemes, an new offensive mentality, then add in the covid issues that essentially ended preseason games, and shortened up practice times, then add in all the injuries that have been suffered, and it all adds up to a lost season.

the top teams dont have the same issues to deal with. next season however will be better, how much i dont know.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:48 AM

811 posts, read 695,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

I don't think McCarthy is a very good coach. Aaron Rodgers was able to mask and make up for a lot of deficiencies in Green Bay, but realistically the Cowboys are one Atlanta brain fart away from being winless (despite Dak playing absolutely out of his mind prior to getting hurt). I'm a Panthers fan, and we are dealing with both an entirely new coaching staff and massively changed roster from last year. Despite a rough start (and not having McCaffrey for the past month), it seems like things are headed in the right direction, but it feels like Dallas is already starting to unravel.

Unfortunately, I think that, until the egomaniac himself (Jones) steps aside, Dallas will wallow in mediocrity.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:21 AM

26,702 posts, read 41,836,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I've given up on the season, so I won't be doing my weekly "report" from here on out.
Looks like you are following the lead of the Cowboys. Look no further than when Dalton got hit, there was no G check or hands thrown by the Cowboys players. I don’t care if the QB slept with your wife, someone takes him out with an illegal hit from the other team, you come for the player who hit your QB. That shows this team don’t have the heart to go anywhere and they don’t have a personal stake with their coach.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:30 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,664,842 times
I thought the same thing, when I saw the replay. Zeke made a lame attempt or excuse, we didn't want a penalty. It doesn't mean you have to knock someone out in retaliation, but you step up and get in their face in a strong manner.

I've been watching football a long time and I've never seen a "no reaction" like this that I recall. Packers have been called a finesse team, not overly tough, I guarantee you players on that team has or will step up for another player.

Players mentioned coaching, McCarthy mentions them not stepping up for a teammate, I don't know what is going on but it may not end well. McCarthy is a good coach but the times, younger players maybe his time has gone by the wayside.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:03 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,978,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
i don't think mccarthy is a very good coach. Aaron rodgers was able to mask and make up for a lot of deficiencies in green bay, but realistically the cowboys are one atlanta brain fart away from being winless (despite dak playing absolutely out of his mind prior to getting hurt). I'm a panthers fan, and we are dealing with both an entirely new coaching staff and massively changed roster from last year. Despite a rough start (and not having mccaffrey for the past month), it seems like things are headed in the right direction, but it feels like dallas is already starting to unravel.

Unfortunately, i think that, until the egomaniac himself (jones) steps aside, dallas will wallow in mediocrity.
this!

Old 10-26-2020, 06:46 PM

26,702 posts, read 41,836,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I thought the same thing, when I saw the replay. Zeke made a lame attempt or excuse, we didn't want a penalty. It doesn't mean you have to knock someone out in retaliation, but you step up and get in their face in a strong manner.

I've been watching football a long time and I've never seen a "no reaction" like this that I recall. Packers have been called a finesse team, not overly tough, I guarantee you players on that team has or will step up for another player.

Players mentioned coaching, McCarthy mentions them not stepping up for a teammate, I don't know what is going on but it may not end well. McCarthy is a good coach but the times, younger players maybe his time has gone by the wayside.
https://youtu.be/Gb3L06muARo

Just for an example, a Dalton hit while he was in Cincinnati which was nowhere near as blatant and his LT took right up for him. O-lineman particularly will not accept their QB being even twisted the wrong way. The Cowboys by not even showing a hint of anger showed they’ve checked out. If I were a coach, I’d do whatever I could to hold the O-Line’s game checks up and make an example out of them.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:14 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,664,842 times
Whoa, now that went south quickly, but you expect players to stand up for each other (maybe not to brawl status but do something, no doubt).

Situation is bad, I haven't heard anyone say something siding with the players. I've heard quite a few rants about it today on sports stations, everyone saying the players were wrong not to come to his defense.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:05 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,955,309 times
So... where was this defensive effort all season...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football