Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 06:39 AM

569 posts, read 1,411,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
He's no good to them from the sideline - I assume The Native 1 is talking in current terms.

The current contracts of both D Williams and J Stewart were penned by the current regime.

J Freeman is in his 4th year. Are you judging Newton as a 2nd or 4th year QB? Freeman has been up-and-down each year - with a QB rating of just 45 last year and 22 interceptions. With a year more experience than Cam Newton. I'm sure he sat on the sidelines with a dejected look, too last season - would it have mattered if he'd been fired-up to get back in the game?

FWIW, I thought I read somewhere that Newton was 11-of-12 in the second half on Sunday. I am neither a Cam worshipper, nor a Cam hater....there is middle ground.

That is correct. I was speaking in current terms, a good center is one that can play without injury. Yeah, Williams and Stewart's contracts were both renewed by current mgmt as I understood it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 AM

569 posts, read 1,411,507 times
[quote=ncopus99;27037136]I read that quote differently but if that is the case fair enough. I ask Native 1... How do you think Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore felt? They had it way worse than Newton has with his current o-line.

I don't disagree with you. Clausen and Moore had it tough. Especially Clausen, that poor guy got no love. He basically spent a full season getting put through the ringer. I am surprised that he was not permanently injured with the lack of protection he received that year.

Personally I think Cam has a lot of attitude work to do. They say it's only arrogance if you can't back it up. Well....this year he still has the attitude but not the wins to back it. Everything from the stupid towel on his head to just plain being an a**hole and charging for his autograph. (who does this guy think he is?) Heck...the guy is my hometown team QB and I barely like him, so I can imagine what others think of him. Cam does have talent though, the guy has a heck of an arm and can run better than Vick back in the day. He just needs to get his head out of the clouds and smarten up a bit.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:02 AM

359 posts, read 592,498 times
You guys were right. Cam is the savior!

Cam is progressing the Panthers nicely. Next game is the one they move forward.

Yes. We. Cam.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,361,008 times
Who said Cam was the savior? It's just silly that people are ripping Cam and at the same time acting like Tim Tebow and Josh Freeman are Joe Montana.

People are also acting as if he's the only person to ever charge money for an autograph...

Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM

Upcoming Autograph Signings, Shows, Sports Memorabilia and Collectibles: Tim Tebow Autograph Signing April 2012 New York NY Jets

Tim Tebow charging $225 for an autograph! But he has so much character!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,587,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Who said Cam was the savior? It's just silly that people are ripping Cam and at the same time acting like Tim Tebow and Josh Freeman are Joe Montana.

People are also acting as if he's the only person to ever charge money for an autograph...
There were plenty that were acting like he was the savior last year. I'll go and pull quotes from the old thread if you like. They are no where to be found. I hope Felt is ok seriously though. he isn't posting anywhere for over a week.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 AM

But right now there aren't. People are too focused on what happened yesterday basically. Like with Josh Freeman, many Bucs fans were ready to get rid of him last year, now apparently people are trying to use him as an example of the polar opposite of Newton.

There is a middle ground...Cam's not the savior (and last year may have been too early to proclaim his as one), but he's nowhere near their biggest problem.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,601,145 times
I don't watch all of the Panther games, but from what I've seen, it seems like the coaching staff has basically removed the option for him to run first. I think that's a mistake if that's the case. You play to a guys strengths. I think part of what made him so successful last season is that in addition to being a QB that could be strong running the ball, he could also hold his own in the pocket. But lately, two of the recent games I've watched, it seems like the only tmies he runs is when he is flushed out of the pocket, and not a designed run. Why take away part of what makes a player successful simply because it doesn't fill the conventional mode. And no, this has nothing to do with Cam tanking my yahoo fanstasy team.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 AM

359 posts, read 592,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post

LOL nobody is pumping up Tebow or Freeman. Tebow doesn't play and Freeman is just a solid QB in the league.

cry baby cam is all hype, no substance, no character, no leadership, no wins

Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
LOL nobody is pumping up Tebow or Freeman. Tebow doesn't play and Freeman is just a solid QB in the league.

cry baby cam is all hype, no substance, no character, no leadership, no wins
No? ncopus may not think Freeman is Joe Montana, but Carolina Knight seems to think Tebow is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If Cam Newton cared at all and had a work ethic, he would be on the same level as Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady and Tim Tebow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Comparison, look to the guy on the other side of the field last week. Josh Freeman was thrown into the starting role. He struggled at first but got better each season, not regressing like Mr. Newton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football