Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 02:22 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,494,667 times

Advertisements

OK, I found a site that analyzed the tipping play that lost SF its chance for the Super Bowl. My question got answered in that a receiver on the left side of the field was open when Kaepernick threw the ball. The touchdown was there to be had. But he had to challenge Sherman. The site ALSO has video of the Seahawks using the exact same play against the New York Giants. I'm thinking Harbaugh didn't pay enough attention to that game film. In fact, Seattle practices that play. Sherman has had it drilled into his head. They also show how ESPN Sports Science measured Sherman's vertical leap at 38 inches. The guy could dunk a basketball. Crabtree elevated to catch the throw, but not to fight for the ball. He pushed off Sherman so that put him out of position to fight for the ball. I think you could say the people responsible for the failure of SF's play were the coach, Kaepernick, and Crabtree. They could have checked off Sherman and thrown to the opposite corner. They could have anticipated the play. And Crabtree could have fought for the ball instead of pushing off. Detail errors that lost them the game.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/2...2901.12606.447
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,978,536 times
I cheered for Seattle the entire game against the 49ers and then the end of the game came.... and well... now I hope Seattle loses and Sherman breaks his leg.

Most sports fans know the difference between trash talk and just plain ridiculousness. This guy is just trash, this is not his first time acting like an idiot.

The only possible way that anyone could possibly defend this guy is by throwing the race card out there, and race has nothing to do with it. Look at hockey, we all hate Sean Avery because he acts like an idiot.

Classless behavior is looked down upon in all sports, just because someone is black and classless doesn't mean that everyone who thinks he's ridiculous are racists.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 PM

18,077 posts, read 27,533,443 times
I think Crabtree would have dropped it.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:26 PM

Turns out Crabtree tried to start a fight at a fundraiser in Minnesota. That day Sherman promised to embarrass him on TV. The fury over the interview is pure hypocrisy from top to bottom. I'm shocked how the media is exploiting this. They are relying on the ignorance of those who read their diatribes and sermons.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,978,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Turns out Crabtree tried to start a fight at a fundraiser in Minnesota. That day Sherman promised to embarrass him on TV. The fury over the interview is pure hypocrisy from top to bottom. I'm shocked how the media is exploiting this. They are relying on the ignorance of those who read their diatribes and sermons.

Everyone who watched the game saw him talk. There's no media exploitation..

Old 01-21-2014, 04:20 PM

4 posts, read 2,666 times
I watched Shermans documentary, I love the man and what he stands for. So what if he acts out once in a while!!! It's caled the heat of the moment and lord only know how much trash talk goes on during a game by both teams that none of us hear about. Get over it!!! Cause were going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!! Great game Hawks!!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,341,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
It doesn't matter - Sherman was still wrong. Even if Crab had it coming, it was beyond the bounds of propriety to flash the choke sign at Kaepernick. He's got a track record for doing this kind of stuff, too, like he did against Brady last year and against the Skins during the postseason. It's not the Tea Party against Richard Sherman; there are a lot of his own colleagues who don't care for his antics. I would totally buy the fact that he's probably a great guy. What people do to earn a paycheck and people's character are two different things in a lot cases.

Doesn't mean Sherman's a bad guy or a thug; it only means that he was a bad sport at a moment when he really should have brought more class and reputable behavior to the organization he represents. He'll learn from it and probably learn to pick his moments better. He's still a young guy. I think what he did was wrong, but that incident and even the others in the past don't necessarily dictate the perceptions for the remainder of his career. People learned to tolerate and even like Prime Time, Michael Irvin, and a few others.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,919,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thwoman View Post
I watched Shermans documentary, I love the man and what he stands for. So what if he acts out once in a while!!! It's caled the heat of the moment and lord only know how much trash talk goes on during a game by both teams that none of us hear about. Get over it!!! Cause were going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!! Great game Hawks!!!!
Welcome to C-D! We all have an opinion or two here. As a forever 49er fan who had the privilege of seeing the Niners play AND win in two SuperBowls, I have to admit that just going to a SB is wonderful. Watching your team win is even better. The most important thing about sports, though, is learning how to be a good winner otherwise you ARE a loser in many other ways. It's ok to get beat and inevitable at some point in every athlete's career but it's how one carries himself especially when on a winning streak. I DO believe the Seahawks fans that promote, condone and celebrate the disgraceful behavior of it's food throwing fans and of out-of-control Sherman should remember what being a TRUE FAN is. Sunday was not a good day for Seahawks fans to shine. Think about that for a moment, 12th woman and congrats on your first post here. Maybe your city will also finally have a FIRST World Championship in Football.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM

Yeh, well there are people who'll say that any player who doesn't meaure up to their standards is "wrong". You get the exact same divide over other controversial players. It is part of the sport. Even retired players split on these issues. There's no unanimity on "sportsmanlike conduct". Like officiating, people have to agree to disagree.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:55 PM

Good column: Sherman is a better man than what you see - Seattle Seahawks Blog - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football