Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 07:45 PM

14,337 posts, read 14,692,053 times

Advertisements

I was pulling for the Bills, thought they might pull off a win. I enjoyed watching both QBs, I think Sanchez is done. Geno Smith will come into his own, and EJ, too. A few throws EJ had were high, quite the arc on them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 02:53 PM

11,439 posts, read 11,162,549 times
Good job Bills! This was one game I had pegged for the loss column, but you guys pulled it out. Rest up.... Short week before the Thursday night game against Cleveland. If the Pats and Fins both lose tonight (which is quite possible), Buffalo will be within a game in the division. Way to hang in there!

Old 09-29-2013, 03:23 PM

14,337 posts, read 14,692,053 times
I went for your Bills, and logged it as a win for me in my pick list!

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-29-2013 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-04-2013, 04:59 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why the Bills didn't throw the challenge flag when the Brown's return man fumbled it inside the 20 in the first quarter. His knee was clearly not down before the ball came out, and it didn't even seem like the Bills thought about a challenge. That could have very possibly made it 14-0, not to mention Hoyer not getting injured for the season just a few plays later.

I also see a Bills offense that is WAY too conservative. Most of Manuel's throws were short 3-5 yard passes. It seems like it is constantly 3rd down all the time. The guy has an arm and two very capable receivers. Let him use it for crying out loud. I thought it was just a Fitz & Gailey thing, but nothing seems to change in Buffalo.

For the most part, last nights loss was not the fault of the defense. Special teams were shoddy and the offense just was not moving the ball effectively. This is going to be another very sad and long year. Let's see who they pick up at QB to fill the gap left by Manuel's injury in the next day or two. Will it be Josh Freeman?

Old 10-04-2013, 07:19 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,063,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why the Bills didn't throw the challenge flag when the Brown's return man fumbled it inside the 20 in the first quarter. His knee was clearly not down before the ball came out, and it didn't even seem like the Bills thought about a challenge. That could have very possibly made it 14-0, not to mention Hoyer not getting injured for the season just a few plays later.
The ball was coming out, no doubt about it. But a clear recovery by the Bills is the other ingredient the Bills needed. I recall one of the Browns came out of the pile with the ball. That doesn't necessarily mean the Browns made the recovery, but it sure makes it hard to prove the Bills recovered it too. The coaches probably didn't feel it was worth risking the time out. On the other hand, the opportunity to have the ball and set up shop in the red zone after a special teams play is something a lot of coaches figure is worth the risk.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The ball was coming out, no doubt about it. But a clear recovery by the Bills is the other ingredient the Bills needed. I recall one of the Browns came out of the pile with the ball. That doesn't necessarily mean the Browns made the recovery, but it sure makes it hard to prove the Bills recovered it too. The coaches probably didn't feel it was worth risking the time out. On the other hand, the opportunity to have the ball and set up shop in the red zone after a special teams play is something a lot of coaches figure is worth the risk.
I thought a Bills player came out with the ball, but then again, I was pretty tired by the time I actually got to watch the game at midnight after work. I still think it would have been worth the risk because of its proximity to the end zone. Those types of challenges don't upset me when they stand. Even the announcers were a little stumped that there was no challenge on the play. I think losing challenges is a lot more detrimental in the second half than in the first.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:22 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,063,956 times
I agree. Early in a game a turnover like that can be a huge momentum swing. It can go a long way toward taking the crowd out of it, too.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I agree. Early in a game a turnover like that can be a huge momentum swing. It can go a long way toward taking the crowd out of it, too.
This is exactly the point. A 14-0 hole can be a killer for the psyche of many players and fans. At that point, the other team can have their way sometimes. Worst case scenario, you lose the challenge and a time out, and play resumes as though you never threw the flag. A lot more upside to that scenario had the Bills gone for it.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:03 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,649,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why the Bills didn't throw the challenge flag when the Brown's return man fumbled it inside the 20 in the first quarter.
A Brown clearly came out of the pile with it. So moot point.

Man, that game was frustrating to watch when EJ went out. Tuel has no business really even being on the active roster IMO. Will be very interesting to see who we bring in by Monday. I have a really really bad feeling though that Tuel is going to be starting against the Bengals because the new guy will not be "ready" yet. As if Tuel ever will be.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Tuel is going to be starting against the Bengals because the new guy will not be "ready" yet. As if Tuel ever will be.
He looked really good in preseason ball...... But that was a whole different world from what he would face as a starter in the next game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football