Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,626,848 times

Advertisements

Talk about deflating if Tuel does in fact play. We were everyone's favorite upset pick early in the week. But without Thad I don't see it happening. Our one chance will be the defense. They do seem to play much better at home and they are near the top of the league in sacks and takeaways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 10:14 AM

11,284 posts, read 11,057,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
On the eve of the Bills facing 3-6 as almost inevitable, it looks like UDFA rookie QB Jeff Tuel will start rather than banged-up UDFA practice squad refugee Thad Lewis. Has any team since the merger ever fielded a QB corps with less chance for success???

I figure the Bills' only chance to beat the Chiefs tomorrow is if KC comes to town already counting this win and the Bills defense goes absolutely crazy and puts Jamal Charles on the bench early, sacks Alex Smith a half dozen times, and forces 5 or more INTs or fumble recoveries ... and returns a couple for TDs.

17 seasons without a playoff win.
13 seasons without a playoff appearance.
9 seasons without a winning seasons.

I AM SO SICK OF LOSING!!!!

The Bills' only hope for regaining respectability and relevance (not to mention actually having a winning season) is when new ownership sends exterminators into the executive suites at One Bills Drive.
Welcome to the Bills thread Linda. The place misery calls home.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 AM

I think a 100-yard pick 6 would be a morale buster for any team. It meant the difference between a two TD lead or a tied game going into halftime. It was all headed south from that point on.......

Hopefully Buffalo can rebound from this game, because their upcoming schedule looks very doable.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:07 PM

You know what grinds my gears? When a teams like the Bills and Jets are matched up together and one of the commentators says "that's why they don't play the game on paper". This was after the bills went up 10-0. I mean com'on. It's not like the Jets are the Broncos or Saints. Jets vs. Bills is a total toss up with the advantage usually going to the home team.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:39 AM

Good divisional win Bills!

Now there's a bye week to get healthy, and then the easiest 5 game stretch of any team to close out the season. A 9-7 finish is not that far of a stretch. The hardest game should be against New England in the last week, but if the Pats have nothing to play for come that time, who knows? The loss at Pittsburgh last week may have sealed the deal, but that #6 seed looks pretty wide open in the AFC. For the most part, the Bills have been competitive in every one of their losses.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:57 PM

Just want to extend a big THANK YOU to the moron who committed the 15-yard penalty at the end of regulation that allowed the Falcons to score the TD and send it into overtime where they won the game.

Also want to say THANK YOU to those in the front office who are totally cool with one "home game" a year being played in a dome in Toronto. I mean, what better place to play a team like the Falcons when your season is on the line with five games to go............ And even better yet, the attendance was less than 39,000.

Uggghhhhhh!

EPIC FAIL!

Last edited by ditchlights; 12-01-2013 at 07:59 PM..

Old 12-01-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Just want to extend a big THANK YOU to the moron who committed the 15-yard penalty at the end of regulation that allowed the Falcons to score the TD and send it into overtime where they won the game.
I think you are talking about the penalty on Robey in the end zone? While it was a huge penalty, I thought it was a call that really could have gone either way. Pretty much the same thing happened in the end of last years super bowl and no flag was thrown. This time the ref decided to throw the flag. From what I saw it looked like there feet had gotten tangled up and they both started to fall and then Robey grabbed him. Could have gone either way. Went against us.

We had SO many opportunities in that game. We were just destined to lose that one for some reason.

I don't think there is any doubt this team will be drafting the best TE coming out of college this year. From what I hear there are a couple of really good ones.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM

18,237 posts, read 25,897,364 times
Bringing this thread up to date.

ESPN and the NFL Channel have just reported that longtime Buffalo Bill owner Ralph Wilson has passed away. He was 95.

Adam Schefter of ESPN also reports that HOF Bill quarterback Jim Kelly is to undergo major surgery on Thursday for cancer.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 PM

RIP Ralph Wilson Jr.

Kelly had a surgical procedure about a year ago and now will have to have another.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:31 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,040,593 times
This week is a real kick in the chops for Bills fans losing their owner placing the franshise on tentative ground and seeing their HoF QB go through a life threatening bout with cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football