Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 07:27 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,815,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Does anyone thing the artificial turf at the Ralph, soon to be New Era, has anything to do with all our injuries?
Could be, but I'm just chalking it up to bad luck.

"New Era Stadium" haha. That was a shocker. I'll still call it the Ralph though.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I doubt it. A bunch of guys went down last year too. And I know Kyle and Aaron's injuries were not ground surface related.

I haven't been able to see any highlights or the game, but it looks like Screams Jones had a good first outing. I'll be interested in seeing how he does as preseason continues. I would guess he will probably play the entire 4th preseason game.
It was good to see Jones come out and do well. Same goes with Gragg and Powell. And if he can stay healthy I think Bush will really be able to contribute.

Only position I'm concerned about it WR and LB. Already thin at LB and who's gonna step up at WR2? Sammy can't do it all. God help us if Sammy gets hurt.

Anybody know anything more about the A. Williams training camp injury?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:17 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Auto correct corrected Cardale to Screams for some reason. Odd.

I am really, really hoping Goodwin can stay healthy for a large chunk of the season. I think he has a good chance to be an impact player in our offense if he can. I also think they have big plans for Bush in the passing game.

Dez Lewis supposedly looked good in OTAs but now that the pads are on he has regressed some.

We have talent there at the receiving positions it's just a question if guys will be healthy.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:46 PM

So Dareus is facing a possible 4 game suspension for violating the NFLs illegal substance policy?

I'm sorry but this is borderline unacceptable IMO. This guy is supposed to be the leader of our defense. The face of ohr franchise right along with Taylor. Not happy about this at all. Contracts should be designed to have very big consequences when things like this happen. Like taking back or donating 10-15 million dollars of a 100 million dollar contract.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
So Dareus is facing a possible 4 game suspension for violating the NFLs illegal substance policy?

I'm sorry but this is borderline unacceptable IMO. This guy is supposed to be the leader of our defense. The face of ohr franchise right along with Taylor. Not happy about this at all. Contracts should be designed to have very big consequences when things like this happen. Like taking back or donating 10-15 million dollars of a 100 million dollar contract.
Now Lawson is facing a one game suspension. WTF are these guys think??!?!? Rex needs to get his guys under control or the FO needs to bring in someone that can. This is absolutely ridiculous. Williams, Dareus, and now Lawson, plus all the injuries. At this rate they aren't going to have any starters come week 1

Old 08-16-2016, 02:32 PM

It's looking like the offense is going to have to carry the team. Just holding breath that nobody on offense gets banged up.

How is Rex supposed to stop Lawson from a domestic violence incident, or Dareus from smoking weed? None of those things are on the coach.

Look at Pittsburgh and Cinicinnati. Two teams notorious for pot heads and trouble makers. They are also perennial playoff teams for the last 8 years.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:14 PM

6,385 posts, read 4,896,864 times
This is definitely on the coaches. Its the atmosphere they create. Our defense is in free-fall and thats what was supposed to improve. I am less optimistic by the day. As for Pittsburgh and Cincy at least they have some playoff wins. Pittsburgh has 6 Superbowls too. I know you are a perpetual optimist Bill but this is getting ridiculous. Suspensions are all part of the team culture and our is sadly lacking. We are regressing and now we are hoping the offense carries us, that is pretty sad.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
This is definitely on the coaches. Its the atmosphere they create. Our defense is in free-fall and thats what was supposed to improve. I am less optimistic by the day. As for Pittsburgh and Cincy at least they have some playoff wins. Pittsburgh has 6 Superbowls too. I know you are a perpetual optimist Bill but this is getting ridiculous. Suspensions are all part of the team culture and our is sadly lacking. We are regressing and now we are hoping the offense carries us, that is pretty sad.
You don't see the flaw or hypocrisy in blaming one coach for players who get suspended but not another coach when his players get suspended? What, is their a right and wrong way to coach these knuckle head players that get in trouble on their OWN TIME?

You want to blame Rex for blowing challenges and replays. Okay. Blame him for a poor overall defense. Okay. But what a player does on his OWN TIME is also the coaches fault? So is it Belichecks fault that Hernadez murdered that guy? But since he is a super bowl winning coach it is okay?

Some of the blind hypocrisy is astounding.

Pittsburgh has made it to the playoffs year after year and have won Super Bowls because they have an all time great QB. It has nothing to do with Tomlin being a better coach and handling idiot players better.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I know you are a perpetual optimist Bill .
Fair enough. But I think I am a realist. I am not sugar coating the loss of Dareus for four games. This is bad news. And even worse, no Dareus OR Lawson for the first game. The offense is going to have to be on it's game.

And if I am a perpetual optimist, you should at least admit that you are this thread's perpetual pessimistic poster.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 PM

I'm not putting 100% of the blame on Rex, I like Rex. Obviously he can't be with every player at all times and tell them what to do and not to do on their own time. But these guys are out here doing dumb stuff while they should be thinking to themselves, "If I do this Ill be letting down Rex and the team" but I don't think Rex has fully installed that train of thought into his players minds. While other coaches in the league have. He needs to get them under control and make them realize there will be consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football