Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 08:21 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times

Advertisements

Cheering for the Dolphins to knock of the Chargers this weekend. And then the Bills take care of business the next two games against the Chiefs and Dolphins. Just two weeks ago it looked like the Chargers were guaranteed a wild card. Now I am looking at the end of their schedule and the last five games they play and I am thinking the most likely way the Bills make the wild card is if the Chargers faulted down the stretch against some tough competition. It seems very likely that at least one wild card will come out of the ARC North because of the fact that they play two of the weaker divisions this year in the AFC South and NFC South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 10:59 AM

5 Days. Two HUGE games. That is what the Bills have on tap. The Bills, Chiefs and Dolphins are all 5-3 and all three teams are looking to take a strong hold in the wild card standings. It is probably likely that at least one of those three teams wins there next two games. Putting at least one of them at 7-3. Doesn't get any bigger than this. Bills lose the next two and their season is essentially over before December which would be very disappointing. Split the next two they will be a respectable 6-4 but on the outside of the wild card picture with three difficult games on tap for December against the Broncos, Packers and Patriots. At worse they would have to upset at least one of those teams to have a shot at the playoffs. 9-7 likely does not seem good enough to get in this year. 10-6 will likely still come down to at least one tie-breaker. Win the next two game and they will be sitting at 7-3 and likely in the catbird seat for the wild card along with one of the NFC north teams.

I think it was good that the Browns knocked off the Bengals on Thursday because the Bills do not get an opportunity to play the Bengals.Bills can take care of the Browns in a few weeks in Buffalo and hopefully hold the tie-breaker over them.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Oh well. Maybe next year. I hate this ritual. Bills look like they might be good this year... Bills make it clear mid-season there's no chance of playoffs this year. How many times will I fall for it?

Old 11-13-2014, 09:41 PM

Every three years they do this.

Hopefully the d-line can be kept in tact for a couple more seasons while the search continues for a QB.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:50 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Every three years they do this.

Hopefully the d-line can be kept in tact for a couple more seasons while the search continues for a QB.

I just.... My dad is a lifelong Red Sox fan. He was 46 when they finally won a World Series. I'm 26 now. I don't know if I have another 20 years of suffering in me...

Old 11-14-2014, 06:00 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I just.... My dad is a lifelong Red Sox fan. He was 46 when they finally won a World Series. I'm 26 now. I don't know if I have another 20 years of suffering in me...
I do not need the Bills to win a Super Bowl to stop my suffering. Just to go out and be a relevant team in the league again. I am 37, so I remember the Super Bowl years. Sure, people were very frustrated losing them... but they were interesting and relevant all season back then. That helps make it really fun!

Some day... if they can ever sort out their QB woes.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:15 AM

Unfortunately the Bills probably win the next two games (both at Home) to have a 7-5 record. A record that actually looks not that bad through 12 games. But they finish with 3 of the last four against Denver, GB and New England. Even a 10-6 finish likely would not be good enough for a wild card at this point seeing how they lose just about every single tie breaker.

We are entering the time of the year where you start to just root for individual players. Both Dareus and Mario have 10 sacks right now. Would be cool to see them both go over 15 for the season.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:45 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,351,324 times
As of now, the Bills are 6-5.

They play the Browns, Broncos, Packers, Raiders, and Patriots.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,351,324 times
Default Do You Think Kyle Orton Will Stay With Buffalo?

Look at his past, look what he did to the Cowboys, and look how drunk he gets when not playing football...

Do you think he will stay with Buffalo, or leave?

Old 12-04-2014, 10:47 PM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
I doubt it. He is more experienced than E J Manuel and a lil better but Orton isn't gonna produce a 11-5 or better to get the Bills to the playoffs. Its sad cuz the Bills could make it pretty far if they had a good QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football