Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times

Advertisements

Well, back to the drawing board for Harbaugh and company. His offense could not go a few yards last year with the Superbowl on the line, had trouble scoring once they got in the red zone, and couldn't be creative enough to come up with offensive schemes to deal with the Hawks today. It is a weakness in the Harbaugh system, one that must be addressed.

This team should be proud though. Went into the frozen tundra, beat the Packers. Went to Carolina, but the Panthers. Went to Seattle, and nearly beat the Hawks.

Much work to do in the offseason. For me, beating the Packers twice this year, was enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Well, back to the drawing board for Harbaugh and company. His offense could not go a few yards last year with the Superbowl on the line, had trouble scoring once they got in the red zone, and couldn't be creative enough to come up with offensive schemes to deal with the Hawks today. It is a weakness in the Harbaugh system, one that must be addressed.

This team should be proud though. Went into the frozen tundra, beat the Packers. Went to Carolina, but the Panthers. Went to Seattle, and nearly beat the Hawks.

Much work to do in the offseason. For me, beating the Packers twice this year, was enough for me.
How many more years you think you need to build??? Build ??? ..you guys are BUILT. 3 straight championship games... That window of opportunity is slip sliding away.

Makes me realize how blessed I've been to be a Giant fan... 2 windows, and two SB's...that is how its done.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:25 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Hmmm, beating the Packers twice makes a season worthwhile? Interesting and neither game was a blowout! When Seahawks got the INT I thought of the Packers player that dropped a sure pick six and announcers even mentioned it. I actually thought the 49ers played better last year. I think the QB needs to improve his passing, rather than the running.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:02 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
The team does need work, but so do the officials. There were several bad calls in that game.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Hmmm, beating the Packers twice makes a season worthwhile? Interesting and neither game was a blowout! When Seahawks got the INT I thought of the Packers player that dropped a sure pick six and announcers even mentioned it. I actually thought the 49ers played better last year. I think the QB needs to improve his passing, rather than the running.
"Hmmm"? It's a personal matter within my family. Niners WON. That's what matters here.

QB passing AND running need to be improved.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
How many more years you think you need to build??? Build ??? ..you guys are BUILT. 3 straight championship games... That window of opportunity is slip sliding away.

Makes me realize how blessed I've been to be a Giant fan... 2 windows, and two SB's...that is how its done.
I agree. The team is built, but as I stated, the offensive schemes have to get more creative and effective than the predictable "Gore up the middle" crap. The red zone offense is atrocious as well. Maybe the team itself is built, but the offensive minds lack imagination on this team.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
The team does need work, but so do the officials. There were several bad calls in that game.
Yes there were. But here we were again, very close to scoring, and needing a score to win the game, and Harbaugh and Co. could devise a smart play to get it done. When the Niners got the ball to start that last drive, I told my wife that the game is over. I didn't think the Niners could score, and I was right. Big weakness on offense.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:25 AM

570 posts, read 721,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Yes there were. But here we were again, very close to scoring, and needing a score to win the game, and Harbaugh and Co. could devise a smart play to get it done. When the Niners got the ball to start that last drive, I told my wife that the game is over. I didn't think the Niners could score, and I was right. Big weakness on offense.
Lol I was thinking the exact opposite. I saw them marching down the field and I was thinking "Oh god, they're gonna get a touchdown, extra point, and win by 1"

I'm definitely happy they didn't though

Old 01-20-2014, 04:15 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,911,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
Lol I was thinking the exact opposite. I saw them marching down the field and I was thinking "Oh god, they're gonna get a touchdown, extra point, and win by 1"

That is what I thought was going to happen. This is why I hate when people get super critical of their team when the team suffers a big loss. If Crabtree caught that ball... I would be a singing, happy drunk right now!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post

Guess I didn't want to watch and be disappointed given what happened in last years SB. Oh well, I expect a better team next year, so you Hawks fans better enjoy this run. You're going to get your arses kicked next year by a better, hungrier, and smarter Niners team.

Still a few more kinks to work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football