Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 04:19 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,068,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Aren't you fascinated by all the whining that the Colts had everything locked up, if only they'd left Manning in the game? I wonder how all these people "know" was was going to happen. Honestly, the score was only 15-10 at the time. The way I see it, the Jets came from behind and took the game.

Just before this season got started, there was an article in the Daily News cautioning us not to expect much of this team--basically a revamped operation with a completely untested rookie quarterback. Given that advice, I think this season has not only exceeded expectations, but actually given us the right to hope for better things to come. (And we could still wind up in the playoffs this year!)

Three cheers to a real front office that made good moves, brought us a real coach, and actually had a plan! It's been too long since I could say these things about the Jets.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.... Put down the sauce brother!! I was at the Colts game and you guys were given a Christmas present, there is no way in hell you guys would have won that game, don't kid yourself!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,634,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.... Put down the sauce brother!! I was at the Colts game and you guys were given a Christmas present, there is no way in hell you guys would have won that game, don't kid yourself!!!

If you say so. Now tell me who the Colts are going to sign for their backup quarterback, since evidently there's nobody behind Peyton Manning. The man came into the game leading 15-10, the Jets scored 19 points, and the Colts didn't manage to score any. (Of course, the fact that the mighty Indianapolis Colts were up against the league's #1 defense didn't have anything to do with this. But oh, I forgot, the Colts would have won the game if only Manning had remained in it!) Keep telling yourself how good the Colts are and how bad, or lucky, or whatever else, the Jets are. They had a lead and they couldn't hold it, nor could they come back once they lost it.

Polian may be an idiot for removing his starter when he did, but Polian didn't lose the game.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:54 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,550,213 times
Quote:
If you say so. Now tell me who the Colts are going to sign for their backup quarterback, since evidently there's nobody behind Peyton Manning. The man came into the game leading 15-10, the Jets scored 19 points, and the Colts didn't manage to score any. (Of course, the fact that the mighty Indianapolis Colts were up against the league's #1 defense didn't have anything to do with this. But oh, I forgot, the Colts would have won the game if only Manning had remained in it!) Keep telling yourself how good the Colts are and how bad, or lucky, or whatever else, the Jets are. They had a lead and they couldn't hold it, nor could they come back once they lost it.

Polian may be an idiot for removing his starter when he did, but Polian didn't lose the game.
Backup QB is the least of any Colts fan's concerns in the playoffs. We all know the Colts are screwed if 18 goes down. That said, history says Manning will be there.

And you are seriously delusional if you think the Jets would've won had Indy not taken out all of its starting offensive skill players. The only reason the Jets scored as many points as they did after Peyton's removal was a tired defense getting no help from a rookie QB. Prior to that point, the Colts' D had given up 3 points.

The Jets D is good, for sure, but their offense stinks. Indy is much more balanced.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:

You've completely missed my point! Not even worth discussing really; however, if I remember correctly you've been a fan of a team from the Great Lakes area in the past (Viking perhaps) not sure if I remember correctly, what happened? Am I mistaken?

Old 12-30-2009, 06:55 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,617,110 times
Manning
Wayne
Addai
Clark

Mathis
Freeny
Brackett
Bethea

All starters came out

Now then lets pull Sanchez, Edwards, Jones, whom ever your TE is, Bart Scott, Kerry Rhodes, and your two top defensive line man out and see what the results are.

Dude I give it to the colts fans as bad as anyone but WE ALL KNOW that you would have been butt raped like a banshee if they would have kept in the starters.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:09 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,652,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Did anyone see Rex Ryan begging for Ochocinco to sit out the game?! ! lol, too funny, truth is Bengals will sit out their main players, Jets will probably win and claim they beat the Bengals as well, this is hysterical, here's a team that couldn't even beat the Falcons at home, LOL< LOL,
Hey, the Falcons are better than the Jets.There's no shame in them losing to the better team.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
You've completely missed my point! Not even worth discussing really; however, if I remember correctly you've been a fan of a team from the Great Lakes area in the past (Viking perhaps) not sure if I remember correctly, what happened? Am I mistaken?
Perhaps in a previous incarnation I'm not currently aware of. I'm a native Brooklynite, son of an original New York Titan fan. That's how I came to side with the Jets.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Perhaps in a previous incarnation I'm not currently aware of. I'm a native Brooklynite, son of an original New York Titan fan. That's how I came to side with the Jets.
My bat! Happy new year to you and your family!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:41 PM

Thank you, and the same to you.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:54 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,950,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Hey, the Falcons are better than the Jets.There's no shame in them losing to the better team.
Agreed.

However, Falcons were a much better team last year, this year, I'd say Falcons QB has the edge, as Sanchez is in training diapers, other than that Jets and Falcons are probably evenly matched, except that the Falcons had many injuries going into this game and the QB was just back at play, Jets should have won this game at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football