Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2023, 03:37 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Part of me wonders if Philly lost some edge down the stretch as they had no real opposition (especially in the playoffs).
The Chiefs had a way tougher schedule than the Eagles.

One thing the Chiefs don't get a lot of credit for, and it's not the coach, not Mahomes, not the refs, but their O line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 05:58 PM

78,453 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

One thing the Chiefs don't get a lot of credit for, and it's not the coach, not Mahomes, not the refs, but their O line.
I am a 100% O-line guy. I remember the Chiefs line that had Roaf and Sheilds (used to work out at his gym, guy is a freak to see in person, he moves like a man half his size.) and then the Chiefs would stupidly pay huge money to average QB's and RB's because the line made them look elite...no money left for defense.

The Chiefs got mauled the last Super Bowl due to a gutted O-line, they rebuilt it and are now back in business.

Not to mention they have an extremely balanced offense, no need for long ball unless you give it to them.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:17 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:

In fact, the Chiefs ended up with the toughest schedule in the NFL.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:13 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In fact, the Chiefs ended up with the toughest schedule in the NFL.
Absolutely. They had to play the Broncos twice.

Old 02-14-2023, 06:19 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:
Based on projected win totals, the Kansas City Chiefs have the hardest strength of schedule for the 2022 NFL season.Dec 2, 2022

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...20NFL%20season.

Old 02-14-2023, 06:19 AM

12,485 posts, read 9,570,120 times
I wish Fox would get rid of Terry Bradshaw. He is kind of odd in general - I often feel like I am listening to someone with mental health problems, and the way he greeted Andy Reid with "Waddle on over here" and said goodbye with "Have a cheeseburger on us" - I mean, can't you think of anything positive to say on national TV to a man who just won his second Super Bowl? How hard can it be?

When I googled Bradshaw's Fox contract, estimates were $2 million/year. Really? You can't find anyone better than that for $2 million/year?

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 02-14-2023 at 06:45 AM..

Old 02-14-2023, 06:44 AM

1,992 posts, read 978,033 times
Quote:
LOL I hope that is sarcasm.

Old 02-14-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Lol, good one.

I assumed they were talking about the playoffs but thanks for that.

Through no fault of their own, I think Phillies cream-puff playoff stretch actually hurt them.

A week off
Giants
49ers gutted QB corps. (or corpse more specifically)
A week off
Chiefs in the SB

Old 02-14-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I wish Fox would get rid of Terry Bradshaw. He is kind of odd in general - I often feel like I am listening to someone with mental health problems, and the way he greeted Andy Reid with "Waddle on over here" and said goodbye with "Have a cheeseburger on us" - I mean, can't you think of anything positive to say on national TV to a man who just won his second Super Bowl? How hard can it be?

When I googled Bradshaw's Fox contract, estimates were $2 million/year. Really? You can't find anyone better than that for $2 million/year?
Tacky to say the least, normally Terry is just quirky...Reid should have just walked past him and ignored him.

Old 02-14-2023, 08:01 AM

1,603 posts, read 869,375 times
Default If you want a Super Bowl ring, come play for the Kansas City Chiefs

24 of the 53 players suited up for the Chiefs on Sunday were new to the team this year. If you're a talented player on a crappy team looking to make a change, is there any higher percentage bet than trying to join the Chiefs?

I've watched a lot of post-Super Bowl analysis on Youtube and the common thread is that the pro football pundits simply don't like the way the Chiefs win. All the close games, all the tricky plays. In their minds the Chiefs are not doing it "the right way" (the right way being domination and winning every game by 2 TDs or more) and that cognitive dissonance is giving them fits.

I find this all highly amusing, as a long suffering Chiefs fan who grew up watching them with my dad, and all the bridesmaid never a bride years where they were good, but not good enough. I just wanted to watch them win a Super Bowl with my old man and now I've done that twice. So, I am biased of course, but loving every minute of this run. Dynasty? Maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football