Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Lanier 260C

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Lanier 260c is a multi-function copier/scanner/printer/facsimile color machine with network capabilities. At my job, we only use the copier/printer functionality of this machine, but I can tell this machine can deliver the goods with no problems whatsoever.

The resolution of graphics and the output of color and black/white copies is great at 400 dpi. The speed of the machine is also quick as well with 55 ppm for color and 60 ppm for black/white. The machine boasts four paper trays, one of which is high-capacity. You can also add as an interposer which is used to insert blank sheets into copies.

The upsides of this machine are the speed and the quality of output. I love the fact that this machine three-hole punches and saddle-stitches our books. There are also other attachments available if you prefer your machine z-fold versus saddle-stitch. And, you can also add an additional high capacity paper tray. I especially like the fact that the fusing process is dry. No more messy fuser oil spills with this machine.

The downside of this machine is that there is a slight lag when trying to delete jobs from the queue. There is also a slight occasional delay when the job is switching from one job to another. Also, the placement of certain functions in the menus does not make sense to me. On more than one occasion, I had to refer to the manuals to find features.

I do not know the pricing for this machine compared to other copiers. I can only tell you that my employer simply couldn't afford to stay with our previous vendor, Xerox. I would recommend this machine as a purchase to any business looking to save on color and black/white output. I would recommend purchasing the accessories that allow you to saddle-stitch, an additional high capacity paper tray, as well as an interposer. The quality and reliability is comparable to our previous Xerox copier. Service from technical support is more than adequate.

Pros
Speed
Quality of output
Three-hole punches
Saddle-stitches
Dry fusing process

Cons
Slight lag when trying to delete jobs from the queue
Slight occasional delay when the job is switching from one job to another
Menu layout is not intuitive

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews