Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool® ENERGY STAR® Qualified Tall Tub Dishwasher DU1055XTVS

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Though this is one of Whirlpool's lower priced dishwashers, I have been impressed with how well it functions and how nice it looks. I purchased one in black, but it is available in other finishes, including an attractive stainless steel. The washer is laid out well inside to allow tight loading of various dish sizes. The rack's prongs are various sizes to support an array of dishes and glasses. I often wash platters, pots, pans and casserole dishes along with every day dishes, and they all come out equally clean. Large items do not prevent other dishes from getting clean as is the case with competing dishwashers that have fewer jets. This machine is equipped with Whirlpool's Quiet Partner II feature. It's not as quiet as other machines I've used, but it is not loud. It creates a subtle, background whirring that does not interfere with the overall noise level of the house. While it comes with a variety of settings, I always use the pots and pans setting as this tends to bring the best results, yet never melts plastic kitchenware. I do have a problem every now and then when the machine does not drain completely after the rinse cycle. The dishes come out clean, but the puddled water in the bottom of the machine can sour, creating an unpleasant odor, if it has been allowed to sit over night. Also, I have an occasional problem of the detergent door not opening when I use tablets. This is rare, but it does happen every twelve washes or so and can be frustrating as the dishes don't get cleaned, and the grime is almost baked on by the wash cycle. Overall, this is a good machine for the price and comes with the added security of the Whirlpool label.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews