Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Proform 790 T Treadmills
When individuals are looking into the buying different types of exercise equipment a common purchase usually includes a treadmill. For most people a treadmill can easily fit into their home gym and is a good way to exercise, without worrying about the conditions outside or paying a lot of money to join a gym. I used to belong to a gym but noticed that I spent most of my time on the treadmill, and knew in time that I could really save a lot of money if I bought one for myself. So, I did a lot of research and really loved this model by Proform.
Proform has many different kinds of treadmills but wanting to stay in a reasonable price range; this was the one for us. The retail price of this machine is around $650 dollars, but many times the stores that offer it or the Proform website will run a sale, making it cheaper yet. Of course there are less expensive treadmills, but you really get what you pay for. It does everything that one would expect from a treadmill and a lot more. Proform can be purchased at stores like Sears or directly from the manufacturer. The motor on the 790 T is relatively quiet, and there are built in cooling systems to cool down the motor leading to a longer life for your machine.
When you are working out on this treadmill, you don't feel like you are getting a jolt to your joints, the machine is able to absorb the pounding of walking or running, making your exercise time easier on your body. There is a built in heart rate sensor in the handlebars of the treadmill. For an optimum workout you are not supposed to hold on to the handlebars but need to do so from time to time to check your heart rate. It is important to know when you are working too hard and back it off a little bit.
This machine also has about 16 different programs that are caloric burners, you just select the one you want and start your journey. The treadmill also is I Fit capable, where you can purchase more exercise programs on a memory card that is inserted into your machine. Your machine will recognizes the program and program the correct speed and incline to fit the program you have chosen. I have yet to do this, as the programs already loaded on the machine seem to be more than I can handle at the present time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews