Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 12:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist 3/4 HP Household Food Waste Disposer

insinkerator-evolution-septic-assist-3-4-hp-household photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After spending years struggling with a garbage disposal that didn't work well, was very loud, and broke constantly, I decided to invest in a better machine. Because I was limited in choice because I needed one that worked with a septic system, I wasn't sure I could find a great system. But I have.

This garbage disposal is great. First of all, the first thing I really noticed about the disposal is that it's extremely quiet. While I wouldn't go so far as to say I could have a normal conversation while it was running, it's so much quieter than my old, less expensive Waste King that it seems unfair to compare them. My new InSinkErator doesn't scare the kids or frighten the dog when I turn it on.

And it works amazingly well. Though, of course, I have never seen the food particles when the disposer is done with them, I believe their advertising when they say it "virtually liquifies" food particles. It was days before I was comfortable enough to try grinding down bones (a no-no with my old disposal), but when I did stuck the rib cage of a turkey down there, it worked beautifully. My house has old pipes which often clogged up using the old disposal, but after more than a year of use, I have never once had a problem with a pipe from the kitchen sink.

It also takes a lot of food waste at a time, which keeps me from having to stand over the sink and feed it constantly. Having things go faster also eliminates a lot of the time spent with the disposal on, which in turn eliminates the noise completely.

And disposals meant to be used with a septic system, this is great. Though it has many parts, it's easy to install. The Septic Assist bottle has lasted for a very long time. I'm very happy with the disposal and look forward to years of use.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews