Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Bernina Activa sewing machine 220

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Although the Bernina sewing machine is very expensive it is well worth the price for those who sew a lot. I bought one for my niece who is a little fashion guru in the making and have used the machine several times myself. I decided on this machine because of the advanced technology it possesses. It is a computerized machine with an LCD screen so you can easily view your settings. The Bernina sewing machine is great with heavy fabrics and does not bunch the material like the older machine. It has an automatic needle threader and a one step automatic button holer. There are more than one hundred stitch types and the stitch quality is very good as well. These functions give my niece the ability to sew almost anything she desires. It is a very solid machine and is proving itself to be worth the cost. It comes with a twenty year mechanical warranty, a two year electrical warranty and a five year circuit board warranty. As well as this machine has been holding up, I do not think we will have to take advantage of the warranty at all. My niece and I are very impressed with the quality of this sewing machine. It has great functions and an excellent warranty package. I would recommend this to any seamstress at heart like my niece. If you have the budget for this machine, it is reliable and easy to use. If you have a limited budget or do not sew very much then you probably would want to go with a less expensive machine. In my opinion as well as my niece's opinion, this sewing machine deserves a five out of five as it gets used on usually a daily basis and produces quality sewing each and every time.

Xenia Headley

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews