Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 02:00 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

The dacor Preference 24" Microwave oven (DMT 2420)

the-dacor-preference-24-microwave-oven-dmt-2420 photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The dacor Preference 24" Microwave oven (DMT 2420) is, not to put too fine a point on it, the most incredible microwave I've ever had the pleasure of using. In our house it is my wife who is the chef, though I can manage some things with aplomb. But when using the Preference even I can't mess up the food.

My favorite feature of the dacor Preference is the built in recipe book that allows me to control the food being cooked with just a touch of the button. But even if I don't chose the right button - and this baby has wave touch controls so sensitive that that it takes barely the slightest touch to activate, this oven has intuitive sensors that automatically control the cooking times and temperatures. I can't mess it up if I try!

It's a large oven too, with two feet of interior cooking space, which means that even the largest casserole dishes fit inside of it easily, and running on 1,200 watts, the dacor Preference can cook just about anything, and I do mean anything!
While I will be the first person to admit that the look of a microwave oven is not something I pay much attention to, there have been friends of ours who have remarked on the sleekness of the design, especially in the stainless steel model that we selected.

It is difficult to find anything wrong with the dacor Preference, short of the price ($1, 289.00) but I would have to say that the musical activation and "I'm done" tones would drive me crazy if I had to listen to them for any length of time, although the same friends who commented on the style referred to the tones as "charming."

All in all, while the dacor Preference is pricey, it is extremely high quality, and worth every penny.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews