Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach 43254 Ensemble 12-Cup Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe

hamilton-beach-43254-ensemble-12-cup-coffeemaker-with photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Before I went ahead and bought the Hamilton Beach 43255 Classic Stainless 12 cup coffee maker, I read lots of reviews to make sure that I would be purchasing the right item. After a lifetime of purchasing coffee makers of all shapes and sizes, I now know that there is no perfect machine that will make every single customer pleased. From the beginning, you need to know what's important to you as a customer, and what's important to those in your household who will be using the coffee maker. All that said, after about a month or two of using the coffee maker, I believe that I purchased exactly that which I was looking for. This thing makes hot coffee, it doesn't drip onto the hot plate, and I didn't need a manual to set everything up. If what I've described is what you're looking for, then you can stop reading and purchase this coffee maker right now online. If you still need some convincing then read on.

One thing about this coffee maker is that it uses basket-shaped filters. You can throw all of your cone shaped filters away, or give them to a neighbor. The water reservoir does have a small opening, but it's not too small like some machines. You'll probably have an easier time by using a cup a few times rather than trying to our the whole carafe in there. In the beginning I did have a leaking carafe, where the plastic met the glass. In the end customer service replaced this for me, but this was a bit of a hassle.

Long story short, this is a good coffee maker that makes 12 cups of coffee in a standard coffee carafe sitting on a hot plate. It doesn't leak, is easy to use, and makes a nice pot of coffee - the reason I purchased this machine in the first place!

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews