Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Sear's Husqvarna 6.75 HP 21" Honda Rear Bag Push Lawn Mower

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

As a homeowner in California, I own about ¼ acre of grass that needs to be cut every week or two, even during the winter. I need a sturdy lawnmower that will work year-round and give me carefree performance. I've owned Husqvarna mowers in the past and have always been satisfied with their superior quality and power. I bought the Husqvarna 6.75 HP Honda 21" push lawn mower in late 2009 from Sears and it's still providing me with the same high performance it did on the first day I used it.

The best part about this mower is its ease of use. I can start this mower with two pulls of the cord, sometimes three. As lawn mowers age, they tend to require more energy to start the motor. This mower starts up the same way it did on its first use. Also, this mower differs in its handgrip and push bar. The padding of the handle and push bar is very plush. This is the most comfortable mower I've ever used for extended periods of time. My hands do not hurt after use and it doesn't require a lot of pressure to engage the motor.

The Honda motor is unmatched in quality for the $300 I paid for it. It runs cleanly (no black or grey smoke) and has great fuel efficiency for a 6.75 HP motor. The total fuel it holds is standard at 1.6 quart, but this mower lasts longer than any other mower I've used before. I can refill this mower once a month and I still have fuel leftover to keep cutting! My old 6.75 HP mower lasted only one full mowing and I'd have to replace the fuel. This is great for homeowners and renters with a lot of grass to cut.

The only problem I've had is an occasional clog in the well between the blade and the wall of the blade casing. This was probably due to a dull blade. I've already replaced the blade once and the mower returned to same cutting power it had on its first use, with no clogging. Since this is a Sears model, I recommend using the Sears blades for maximum cutting efficiency. This also saves fuel use since the motor works better with the recommended blade brand.

All in all, this mower is definitely recommended for the low price. Plus, you get the life-long guarantee that comes with a Sears product.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews