Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Black and Decker HC306 Handy Chopper Plus - 1.5 cup, White

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I shouldn't complain about this food processor because it's my fault, but 1.5 cups is TINY. Just be aware of that if you're buying it sight unseen. Mine works great, and I use it often, but I have to chop things in small batches and then mix them together myself in a bowl.

I haven't tried processing anything solid like nuts, so am not sure how powerful this chopper truly is. But I often make cheese spread using this food processor as opposed to a meat grinder. I have to grate the cheese prior to inserting it into the chopping bowl. I tried putting cubes of cheese into it once and they merely stuck to the blade and spun around.

Once again, my concerns with this food processor could be my fault for not doing enough research. For chopping up vegetables, making breadcrumbs, or mixing single servings of soup, this little machine works great.

It has a locking lid, and will not turn on unless it is latched completely. There is a single large button on top that you press to activate the blade. I've had the best luck with pulsing the motor and shaking whatever I'm mixing back to the bottom of the chopping cup after every few pulses. Holding down the button doesn't allow the food to drop back into range of the blade. The cord is long enough to reach the outlet on your counter with no trouble, and there is a cord holder underneath the unit, though I just wrap the cord around the top when I'm storing mine.

All components are dishwasher safe (except the motor base of course). Just make sure when you put the blade into the dishwasher that you turn it upside down securely in the silverware holder. Otherwise it is liable to get thrown around. Also keep in mind that the blade shaft is hollow and fills with water during washing, so make sure to dump it out over the dishwasher before putting it away to prevent trailing water across your kitchen floor.

My Handy Chopper Plus is still running great and looks like new. As I mentioned, the small size surprised me and limits its uses, but if that's all you're looking for, this machine is a great, affordable choice. I've always found Black and Decker to be a reliable brand, and this product is no exception.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews