Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 02:18 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,605,378 times

Advertisements

Honeywell Enviracaire 50250-N Air Purifier

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I recently purchased the Honeywell Enviracaire 50250-N model air cleaner and purifier for my family room for a retail price of $179.95. The machine was listed at a very low price in comparison to other air purifiers and had some good reviews so I decided to give it a try. Needless to say, I returned the machine after a short time and got my money back, then went out and bought the more expensive purifier. This was a classic case of you get what you pay for. The machine is cost effective in that it is cheap in terms of air purifiers and there is a permanent HEPA filter so you do not have to go to the expense of buying filters periodically. But, the price seems to be the only good thing about the machine.
The disadvantages that I found with the Honeywell air cleaner are that the machine is very noisy. You can't really carry on a conversation with someone while in the same room or within 10 feet of the machine. Also, the coverage area is quite small. The machine only works up to a maximum of 390 square feet. Basically, this machine is good for a small bedroom, office or large closet. This is not a good machine to use in a large family room or open floor plan home. The noise level however, would prevent anyone from wanting to use it in a bedroom.
Also, the purifying capabilities of this machine are somewhat questionable. The air purifier is supposed to take in air from all sides of the cylindrical shaped design and expel the clean air out of the top of the machine, but it does not pull as much air through the HEPA filter as many of the other purifiers I have seen on the market today.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews