Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Task Force Power Washer 1600PSI
If you are a homeowner, the purchase of a power washer will really save you time and money. Every home will need to be power washed at some time or other and having your own comes in handy. Our family has the Task Force Power Washer 1600. This power washer retails for about $100 dollars, although depending upon where you purchase it, the price may be a little lower. Our purchase was from Lowes.
There are many brands and sizes of power washers to consider. For most homeowners a power of 1600 or 1800 PSI will be sufficient. This model comes with a detergent bottle that is extremely valuable for the toughest cleaning jobs, such as cleaning off the grime that is on your gutters. Gutters are a tough area to clean and adding the detergent to your power washer will help strip off any dirt or mildew that accumulates there.
No job is too small or large for the Task Force 1600. The nozzle can be turned so that a fine stream of water come out to clean those more delicate areas of your home, such as the moldings around doors and the lights outside. In addition, when washing the family car, this finer stream of water can really help obtain a final rinse.
A stronger stream of water at its most powerful is important for power washing outsides of windows and cleaning off siding. The strongest setting is used to power wash concrete patios and sidewalks. This will really get off the dirt giving these areas new life. The extension cord for this machine is about thirty five feet long which is really nice; however, some jobs may require that you add your own outside heavy duty extension cord.
The entire unit is on wheels which is very convenient especially if you are washing a large long area, such as the outside of your house. The owner's manual will tell the user everything he or she needs to know to operate the machine right out of the box. The smaller size really makes it easy for women to use and I appreciated how easy it was for me to help my husband wash off our home. Since the unit is a smaller one, the detergent reservoir will need to be refilled as it cannot hold as much detergent as a much larger machine. However, for most average homeowners, this machine will work well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 03:28 PM

10 posts, read 72,455 times
I hope you bought an extended warranty. I didn't when I bought mine 2 years ago to power wash the deck. Used it a second time to power wash our brick last year. This year hooked it up, turned it on and . . . same as the last one that quit the 2nd year, nothing from the motor. Next time I head for the rental store instead of Lowes. Should have considered the "Do not return to the store . . ." as a quality warning.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 14,046 times
Default junk

Same here. Have had the TF 1600 for about a year and a half but only used three times. The fourth time I tried, I flushed it out with the water then turned on the motor and something exploded inside the handle! I had nothing to lose so I took the handle apart and fixed what I could. After putting it back together, it started to work for a sec but then the hose popped off the handle! Of course it was impossible to put back on after that, soooo here we are. $36 minimum to replace those items for a device that cost $100 and used only three times!!! Junk.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:44 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
This is giving me the willys. I just bought a Green Works 1700 psi and if I had read all the reviews before hand, it would have been a no brainer. I love it but have only used it for a short time. Pressure washers, especially electric, are a real crap shoot, I guess.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 11,650 times
My daughter picked up a TF 1600 in a yard sale for $15. It was dead , wouldn't work for her; she gave it to me. I figured to scrap it for the cord- nice 35 ft ground foot extension cord. I know nothing about power washers but decided to take apart and further my education. Bottom line, the tiny pressure piston to the cutoff switch was immovable. So removed it. cleaned it up, put some gun grease on and worked it til loose, put it back together. Dumb luck maybe but it seems to work OK now. The tiny pressure piston looks like engineering was out to lunch. Bob --Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews