Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:48 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,591,189 times

Advertisements

Guys who act like a-holes will attract a certain type of girl, it's true. That's not really the kind you should be looking for anyway. They always come with a long list of issues and are attracted to that sort of guy because it fills a need for drama. Is that really what you want? There are nice girls who are attracted to nice guys. It happens every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,205,381 times
Actually I'm tired of the a$$hole guys that think they can be rude, cocky & just all around ********s. As the other poster said, those guys attract a certain type of woman- and generally they deserve each other. Seriously don't stop being nice- just make sure you're confident, fun, & interesting to be with. I believe in the phrase "like attracts like" ......hang in there

Old 09-18-2011, 08:06 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,273,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i swear, it seems every person who's got an abrasive personality has more success with people than folks like me. not just success with women but people in general. for instance one of my housemates is a bit of a total prick to everybody (though I'd say we're friends with each other), yet girls are all over him and people confide in him when they want to talk about personal problems. what the ****?!?!?!? why the hell is it that it's always people like that who seem to attract folks?

i should just start being a douche to every single person I meet. maybe that'll work. god damn it.

yes this is a somewhat alcohol-fueled post.
God, not another one of these "Why do women love bad boys and not nice guys like me...." threads.

Women don't ignore nice guys. They just like men who relish their lives, say what they think, and have backbones. Doesn't mean they're not nice guys. They just don't treat women with the kind of deference one would give an annoyed tarantula.

Let's look at it this way, using ice cream as an example. If you polled 100 people, how many would choose vanilla as their favorite flavor?

Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,295,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hey.... let the small dicks thing go... otherwise you sound like a dyckhead.

I let it go the first time you said it... man the f&ck up and shut up.....

women dont want to hear that ****...
yeah, a little rough love.. but its the truth...
Can't rep you at present, or I would.

Really, that stuff is juvenile.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,790,878 times
Not saying this is you, Hurri, but a lot of self-proclaimed nice guys seem to be shy, sulky, miserable, or some combination of these. Those are unattractive traits. I know many people who are nice who are also happy, funny, and charming. My cousin is the sweetest, kindest person I know (after her mother, my aunt). She's married--to a man who's kind of doofy looking, believe it or not, but just as cool and nice as she is--and both of them have lots of friends. I love being around them. I think most everybody does.

It's not the niceness that is giving you problems, Hurri.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:21 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,434,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Not saying this is you, Hurri, but a lot of self-proclaimed nice guys seem to be shy, sulky, miserable, or some combination of these. Those are unattractive traits. I know many people who are nice who are also happy, funny, and charming. My cousin is the sweetest, kindest person I know (after her mother, my aunt). She's married--to a man who's kind of doofy looking, believe it or not, but just as cool and nice as she is--and both of them have lots of friends. I love being around them. I think most everybody does.

It's not the niceness that is giving you problems, Hurri.
Yeah. Plenty of "nice guys" are not really nice at all. Also, women don't want a push over.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:42 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,128,668 times
Quote:
why do genuinely nice people not get any attention?
Have you ever known an extroverted, attention-seeking person who was not obnoxious in some way?

I myself am an introvert and would rather not be seen or heard.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:53 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,907,640 times
i don't think a person's being nice as anything to do with it, it's all the other stuff that matters - what they look like, their personality, etc etc.

nice people can get just as much attention as the not-so-nice people.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:48 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,216,078 times
It seems like nice becomes the forced compliment or label people give to people who do not have anything going for them or any noticeable positive qualities. For people who are actually nice to others but are overlooked, they might be shy, quiet, overly bright or dim, calm(often misinterpreted as uninterested and/or boring), actually uninterested and/or boring, etc...They go unnoticed because the trash talking joker you meet is more memorable and noticeable then the person who simply says hello or offers a meek olive branch. Try not to take things personally, OP. You're in D.C., a place notorious for friendless-ness and people walking over each other.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:50 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,216,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
God, not another one of these "Why do women love bad boys and not nice guys like me...." threads.

Women don't ignore nice guys. They just like men who relish their lives, say what they think, and have backbones. Doesn't mean they're not nice guys. They just don't treat women with the kind of deference one would give an annoyed tarantula.

Let's look at it this way, using ice cream as an example. If you polled 100 people, how many would choose vanilla as their favorite flavor?
I get what you're saying as vanilla is an idiom for plain or boring but as an ice cream flavor it is tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology