Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

took me a long time but I learned to avoid or cut off people who pulled me down, made me feel worthless or stressed me out... I just cut the ties and felt better for it. some so called friends leech off others, they give nothing and take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
I wonder if the two of you have some sort of unfinished karmic business from a past life...lol

Wouldn't that suck.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:12 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypro View Post
I live with a roommate (who I've known for decades) who I believe is mentally ill.
My first thought is: Why are you living with this person? You have known him for decades, right? If he has not changed in that time to become the person you described, why did you ever move in with him? Or did his present personality manifest itself after you became roommates?

If he was already this way before you became roommates, you should be asking yourself a lot of questions. If he has become this way since you two became roommates, and was not this way before, perhaps he is not entirely at fault...possibly you are not a prince to live with.

In any case, move.

Quote:
Also, I'm perplexed because he worked in corporate America and received raises and promotions for twenty years. I have no idea how any business would pamper and coddle such a moron. He really does come across as an over grown spoiled rotten adult baby.
Boy! My experience was that an enormous amount of rude, arrogant, self-centered behavior was tolerated in the U.S. business world. You in your personal relationship see him as an "overgrown spoiled rotten adult baby," however, in the business world these may translate into "self-confident, dynamic, driving executive."

My last twenty years in the NYC business world I saw routine behavior that would have landed you on the street just a few decades before, and people were admired for being total sh*theads. It's just part of the decline of civility in American society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology