Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,130,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
There is no cure for your problem unfortunately.
There may be no "cure" for your problem but that doesn't mean that someone that has a realistic...

Oh, what's the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 09:19 PM

122 posts, read 294,087 times
There many dark black girls that live in my dorm and they never get any blemishes I'm black however I'm very light so any bump leaves a mark until i find some product to get rid of it. Don't hate your skin learn to love it and join groups that will appreciate you.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM

I am unaware of your body type however, I do find many men are attracted to the dark exotic supermodel type of body so that shouldn't be a problem. If you really hate your color it may be something buried within childhood.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM

162 posts, read 190,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerchick View Post
There many dark black girls that live in my dorm and they never get any blemishes I'm black however I'm very light so any bump leaves a mark until i find some product to get rid of it. Don't hate your skin learn to love it and join groups that will appreciate you.
Who are you to offer advice? You are not even a real black person. If you were a real black person you would have dark skin. You are mixed. What a joke, you are "black," yet your skin is "very light." Hahaahah How many Africans have very light skin?

And don't claim Egyptians because they are Arabs. I may have dark skin, but I would hate to be a confused mutt, claiming to be black.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:41 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,950,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
Who are you to offer advice? You are not even a real black person. If you were a real black person you would have dark skin. You are mixed. What a joke, you are "black," yet your skin is "very light." Hahaahah How many Africans have very light skin?

And don't claim Egyptians because they are Arabs. I may have dark skin, but I would hate to be a confused mutt, claiming to be black.
That is horrible. You have real issues.

Totally racist. And self-hating. Not a good combo.

Get help and don't trash other people because of their genetic make-up or skin color.

That person was really nice to you and you turned on her like a viper.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,366,649 times
Quote:

I like reading your posts, while visualizing the 82 year old married man, with the hunched back, who routinely hits on my beautiful, blonde, 22 year old supervisor. That type of behavior seems encouraged by society...ugly men hitting on beautiful women...that invulnerable confidence is encouraged in men, I think.

I highly doubt that black men, or white men for that matter, would ever think of bleaching their skin to attract the opposite sex, (or injecting themselves with melanin somehow). I think this is more of a woman thing, than a black thing, judging from the amount of beautiful, anorexic, white women. I could be wrong.

Last edited by Clintone; 05-19-2013 at 10:10 PM..

Old 05-19-2013, 10:04 PM

You are the most ignorant person i ever met who say light skin black people aren't black there are no pure African Americans anyway due to slavery
Too many stupid ass black people with this light skin dark skin foolishness.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 PM

162 posts, read 190,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerchick View Post
You are the most ignorant person i ever met who say light skin black people aren't black there are no pure African Americans anyway due to slavery
Too many stupid ass black people with this light skin dark skin foolishness.
There are plenty of pure African Americans. I'm one of them. My skin color is a testament to that. Would you tell a white person with blonde hair and blue eyes that they aren't pure white? I doubt it. What you are saying doesn't make any sense. I look African and do not have any white blood or any other mixes. That's why my skin is so dark.

If your skin is light, you are not really black, you are mixed. The only foolish person is you. Stop stealing my identity as a black woman. You are a mixed woman, there is nothing wrong with that, but NO you can't claim to be black when you are very light, as you have stated. Check the people in Africa, if you don't look like them, stop claiming black.

Run along now mixed girl.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:42 PM

130 posts, read 227,294 times
Quote:
There are plenty of pure African Americans. I'm one of them. My skin color is a testament to that. Would you tell a white person with blonde hair and blue eyes that they aren't pure white? I doubt it. What you are saying doesn't make any sense. I look African and do not have any white blood or any other mixes. That's why my skin is so dark.

If your skin is light, you are not really black, you are mixed. The only foolish person is you. Stop stealing my identity as a black woman. You are a mixed woman, there is nothing wrong with that, but NO you can't claim to be black when you are very light, as you have stated. Check the people in Africa, if you don't look like them, stop claiming black.

Run along now mixed girl.
This girl was trying to help u feel better, and u turn around and throw her under the bus? That says an awful lot about u. You're hating her out of envy, u need to get some help besides posting online. Have u told your doctor how u feel? He/she will be able to provide a better option for u. I really hope u r able to get some help for yourself, and move on with your life.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,003,622 times
Quote:

Why attack her? I thought she was trying to be helpful. Take a trip to the continent of Africa and you will see many shades.

The lasting message people feel about others has to do with what kind of a person they are. One can be pretty and still have a personality that turns others off. As you seem so determined about this, take the advice of the poster that spoke of some dermatologist doc that did some skin lightening through her practice. Seeing a psychologist could be helpful if you found the right one, but your tunnel vision may get in the way of addressing any other issues reference your self esteem. Stop reading and listening to all the crap in the media...and believing it as if its what everyone thinks.

People on this blog speak some about light versus dark skin. It seems the white men on this blog seem to like both light and dark women and haven't a bias toward one or the other. You need to realize there are people out there that are not seeing anything wrong with your color.

White Guys Who Love Black Women: Dark-skinned, light-skinned, who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology